Request details

Dark Interface (overall UI including side panels)

The option for a darker interface like Photoshop and Illustrator would be great, especially when working at night.

1,638 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jamie Quade shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

211 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This NEEDS to happen. I spend all day everyday in Xd. My poor eyes need this.

• Richard Kårström commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im amazed that this has been ignored for such a long time, even when there is a solution on Github and countless of designs depicting this has been made, as well as this being the 2nd place on top ideas and been talked for the last three years.

I cant simply design at night because of the bright elements, sometimes Ive even preferred Photoshop since its easier on the eyes even when it more time consuming.

Why the silence, Adobe?

• Aleksei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

.. i am confused.. this idea was added 3 years ago, it is on second place in top ideas, and it hasnt been added yet? wasnt dark mode a big thing in last 4-5 years? even apple added it to macos...

• Jason Hollister commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why Adobe went this way on a brand new app which is otherwise designed very very very well, after they fixed all their other apps years ago.

• János Nyujtó commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A short story: I try Sketch in the last month. After I finish the Sketch trial I thought I'd try Adobe XD. After I realize there is no dark mode for it I tried to use it with the basic UI. After 6h of constant eye hurt, I close Adobe XD and I buy Sketch.

• Hasan Mahmud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most days I work for late, Its very hard to work at night on light mode. Do something for fast.

• Stu Nami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about any preferences for that matter! The preferences menu item is perpetually greyed out.

• Stu Nami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am unable to work at night because of this limitation. Also, the UI elements are so tiny I have to get close to my monitor to read them. The contrast of text in the side panels is faded.

• MD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just downloaded XD for the first time. I'M BLIND! Please, Adobe, include a dark mode.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base