Request details

Record screen & clicks while using shared prototype online (user testing)

well it doesn't make sense why you can only record the video when someone is on your computer trying out the prototype, and just thinking you should be able to record how someone is using it when they are overseas

223 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Stevo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Austin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

InVision had a product called "LiveShare" where you could send a link to a remote member and you could watch them go through your Prototype. That is what I think of when reading this post. Make remote user-testing easier. Collaboration via a single link. So the moderator and tester can both see either others interactions.

• Matt D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree also with all the comments here. Currently I have pretty robust prototype built. The next step that would be absolutly fantastic to me would be to be able to email a bunch of test users with a specific task I want them to try to execute along with the link to the XD prototype. They click on the XD prototype link, and the session is recorded audio and screen so I can review the video of what they do to complete the task (a Think Out Loud user test) against the XD prototype. Maybe I get an email with a link to this video when the tester is done. The prototype in this case will probably need a start and stop feature for the tester but these things should be as non-invasive as possible to the actual XD prototype screen. This would allow us to ditch or extend much of our experiments we currently use Whatuserdo and Usertesting.com for.

• Thomas Hallgren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adobe has a very powerful and ad serving analytics product team. I've seen the ads. XD could be used for A.B. testing (even for advertising). Does not have to be for just UX.

• Thomas Hallgren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. But we also need the ability to send out A/B tests to multiple users with logins and receive more complete analytics for each user. Display averages, compare results for different designs, get completion rates, time to complete, record user voice during testing, etc. All very valuable.

• Beth Ruiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I release a new product, I want to be able to train people quickly, being able to capture voice while doing a click through, would not only help with user testing, but would also allow me to create internal and external training materials super fast without having to do a lot of editing in Premier.

• Pavol Donko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also must have feature for me. At least possibility to send link with scenarios and record clicks (video as a result could be enough).

• NATHANAEL ROUILLARD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's something that is desperately needed. Our options are pretty clunky for the most part, and it's such a vital tool for ux research, which should be the foundation of any and all design. To the extent that if it's not a major focus of the tool, it's not worth anything to me, and doesn't really provide anything that competitors don't already do very well.

• Stevo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now I am using Lookback.io with Marvelapp as my go to app to prototype and record my user's face my facetime camera, screen showing where they tap, and a timeline to show what pages they are currently on and how much time they spend on each one.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

absolute killer feature. Let us do user testing within the app. Generate heat-maps maybe? Get some stats about bottlenecks, etc.

• steve petoniak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be the nail in the coffin of other prototyping tools. the ability to user test is crucial and if it was integrated directly into XD my entire team would use it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base