Request details

Psd export and multiple formats using Extract

We need export as a Psd or export multiple formats or use Extract to transfer layout objects CSS to Dreamweaver like creative cloud extract.

492 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

badraft shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

95 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see this has been "under review" for 3 years now.
    The ability to export from XD to PSD isn't "nice to have," it's a requirement for many of us. I freelance on several sites where clients only want layered PSD files as deliverables. I like XD but I can't use it, because it doesn't give me the ability to deliver what paying clients are asking for.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Adobe XD for embedded systems UX and UI. We use two development studios to develop our applications, both of which have an import PSD feature as their main selling points. If I could export to .PSD then the design to development flow will improve 10 fold for embedded applications.

• leo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature will be extremely useful, I feel very frustrated that my Xd file cannot be opened when I was trying to show my artwork to my client who don’t have XD on his computer

• Michael Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please!

Dreamweaver is my primary editor

XD is all I use for prototyping, but I'm learning Photoshop for web layout now because I can't export from XD into Dreamweaver

• Seb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. To those who don't understand why we should be able to open XD files in Photoshop, here's one of the reasosn: We work on a company that distributes their products globally . We have design teams around the globe and we also work with some external agencies. Some of the teams we work with don't have XD, don't use it or simply don't want to use it, so we need to be able to create artboards in XD and then export to PSD so everyone can open and modify our files. Thanks!

• Danny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand ANYONE's need to work backwards towards PSD. You have vectors! Use them AS the assets!

• Siavash Aslani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's a very useful feature and it's very essential, it can also help both designers and developers to communicate.
    Please make it possible :/

• Kate Plummer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this feature still in the backlog from 2016 when the integration should be a priority to other Adobe products like PSD

• Nikolai Kolodziej commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is it possible that this still has not been implemented yet? Why would the XD Team even question basic intercompatibility features with other Adobe products like Photoshop?

• Ji Hoo Yoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still must stick with Photoshop only because of PSD requests from clients.
    XD file seems so simple (without prototyping data) when compare with PSD so I think that exporting to PSD is not too hard for you, dear Adobe.

• moon shine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah.
    The PSD files can open in Adobe XD, can open in Figma, can open in Lunacy、Affinity Designer and can convert to sketch.

But the .xd files, guess what? only can open in Adobe XD.

I think Adobe just don't want designers and developers can't use other apps, if they use Adobe xd, everyone in their team also have to use Adobe Xd.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base