Request details

Fonts preview

When you choose font for text, would be good to have some preview about how it'll look.

733 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Adam Pietrasiak shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Robert M. Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, for a company that designs apps for designers this is probably one the largest issues a designer faces while using this APP and it is most arguably the largest oversight their programmers could make for an APP designed for "designers". Total BS in my opinion.

Once again, a large corporation with a team of designers could not speak up and say something? How did it every pass the QA team to reach the market? Its sounds like a rushed product to me. Get your Sh*t together and give this simple feature upgrade you have had in most of your apps. Its really slows every designer down and is a huge productivity waster.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, is there any update on this feature? Would be great to be able to scroll through fonts and having a preview. Either having the font written in its font, or by previewing the font directly on the artboard without having to first activate it.

i lost a lot of time fo choose fonts because it is not possible to preview the fonts. I hope this feature will be available very soon .

Agreed. I've tried the plug in, doesn't seem to work. Unfortunately i will not be using
    XD as my designs rely heavily on text. It is taking way too long to try out different fonts,

• Lawrence Caulker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be nice to show the actual font style when selecting a font from the dropdown menu. This feature already exists in Microsoft Word when selecting a font. I think that a great feature added to XD. Just like TypeKit.

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's really difficult to use this product without this feature.

• Ashish Anil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The font list should have a preview of the typeface within the list, instead of plain text.

• Hunter Ramos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like in most Adobe products, I would like a way to see how the text looks like when i'm scrolling down in the font box!

• Armando Scuro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this will speed things so much if I can on hover see a preview of the font without committing to it

• Natasha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such a basic feature - I will be using Sketch until you guys update this...I hope you do!

• Amir hanif commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i need some faster use for seeing fonts , alot of time i have to select a font for a website in photoshop i can scroll thrue the list of fonts and you will see visual changes on text selected. I need something like that or something that just is better then Photoshop that you will see a popup apear and it wil show you the result of how the font looks like.

• Amin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of selecting a font to view the changes , it would be nice to hover the font name and see the changes
    like Microsoft Office products

If I want to select a font now without searching for it in the list I type in the name. But right now I have to type in the name perfectly correctly, even capitals, if wrong it will reset. While typing you get no feedback as in auto completion. This would be nice to be the same as in Photoshop.

• Chris Rouse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to use arrow down/up keys to go though the fonts list and get a preview of the font with out having to click on it to preview it, then if you don't like it, have to go back into the list and click another.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base