Request details

Global/Master artboard templates (pin objects across all artboards)

1. Ability to have a single object (or group) break out of its artboard and cross multiple artboards within a single prototype. The simplest use case is the creation of a global navigation bar that spans across multiple screens. This object's interactive elements would also work across multiple screens as well, and any edits to this object would update across the rest of the screens.

2. Easy interaction management and editing. Also provides consistency with consistent elements within an experience.

1,478 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jessica Moon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

105 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter Waller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A master art board sounds good, the ability to effectively have multiple artboards mirroring a single one. Changing the master will reflect everywhere else.

• Peter Waller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice to have an option to 'Mirror Artboard' alongside the duplicate option. Often designs will have a consistent framework, but you might not want to make X symbols. If you could simply mirror an art board X times and add unique content (append) to each one that would be handy, so you have a master art board.

• Raju Sivasankaran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I understand there is no way in XD to change an element (or layer) and be reflected in all the artboards. Let us say, I position the logo in the header in the center and use the same header in 100 artboards. Is there a way to say that this is a master (a la Axure) or shared layer (a la Omnigraffle). Now if I move the logo to the left side it will be changed in all the 100 artboards. This is extremely useful.

• Aminadav Glickshtein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think if you give the option to save behavior in Symbols, it will be very similar.
        I mean I want to keep all the menus as a symbol. Then I will add this symbol to every page that needs this menu.
        And when launching the prototype, I want that the menu will work.
        Please view:
        https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34239034-make-it-possible-to-save-the-behavior-what-clicks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Symbols have addressed this feature request, BUT it would be nice to "anchor" symbols to the top/bottom/side of a page so I can have different sized artboards with my navigation/headers/footers moving alongside the size.

• Luana Viergutz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the concept of Master Pages in Adobe InDesign. Thats a huge problem when you're creating a hundred pages with the same title and you need to realocate it. I hope it can be done soon \o/

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I had more votes for this. I am doing a camera viewfinder prototype, which has like 200 different artboards. When doing a second concept I'd like to use what I already have but change the graphic elements on the GUI. It's been easy enough to cut&paste, but it pastes it on top of everything and not behind like the first slide.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Master page feature will be very useful, in Adobe Fireworks master page feature is good example.

Also option to share layer (group of layers) to multiple art-boards will be very useful.

For example you are using cart widget on several art-boards, and ability to share same layer (cart widget) on all of them (including positioning top-left from art-board) will save lot of time when editing. This is not same as symbols because here you share also positioning of layers. In ideal situation you create symbol "cart widget" place on art-board, position where you like to appear, and than share that layer across multiple art-boards. Latter on when you need to change/adjust position you can do that from one place.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base