Request details

Scrollable Area (not scrolling whole artboard)

Define a scrollable area within an artboard

This provides real-world app use cases, such as a table, slideshow, or iOS dropdown lists.

5,073 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Peter DiBartolo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

281 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's one of the reasons why I can't use Xd for my client projects more often...

• Jesse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will this feature include the ability to make a modal window scrollable within a given artboard?

• Brandon Berg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@adobe - How is this feature not done yet? Probably should have launched the app with this feature, like yesterday. Please make it happen ASAP :)

• Austin Waddecar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to interact with my repeat grids via the drag trigger. On many occasions, these repeatable elements need to showcase an overflow for example when you have a large list.

Currently, you need to duplicate the repeat grid to another board then animate between them with a y-axis offset.

Thoughts on how I'd like this to be implemented:

How to enable:

1. Select a Repeat Grid
    2. Tick a new checkbox in context menu "Scrollable Repeat Grid"
    3. Specify which axis to scroll (x/y/both) and the maximum iterations to repeat

What should happen:

The repeat grid container should act as the overflow and scroll the iterations based on the specified axis via the drag trigger.

• Austin Waddecar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thoughts on how I'd like this to be implemented:

How to enable:

1. Select a Repeat Grid
    2. Tick a new checkbox in context menu "Scrollable Repeat Grid"
    3. Specify which axis to scroll (x/y/both) and the maximum iterations to repeat

What should happen:

The repeat grid container should act as the overflow and scroll the iterations based on the specified axis via the drag trigger.

• Madeline W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be incredible to implement!! It would really showcase some good features (:

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its so frustrating not to have this feature. I hope XD is giving this feature a high priority.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think the scrolling that was introduced in May 2016 met the requirement of this post, so the FEATURE-STARTED status probably isn't accurate (unless you are indeed working on this currently). Being able to scroll the whole app is handy, but this is actually about having a specific window on a screen that can have more content and be scrolled through.

• Haseeb Khan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great addition! I'm currently working on a new interaction design for an existing product and the wire frames I've shown really require this feature.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base