Request details

Scrollable Area (not scrolling whole artboard)

Define a scrollable area within an artboard

This provides real-world app use cases, such as a table, slideshow, or iOS dropdown lists.

4,760 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Peter DiBartolo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

267 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think the scrolling that was introduced in May 2016 met the requirement of this post, so the FEATURE-STARTED status probably isn't accurate (unless you are indeed working on this currently). Being able to scroll the whole app is handy, but this is actually about having a specific window on a screen that can have more content and be scrolled through.

• Haseeb Khan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great addition! I'm currently working on a new interaction design for an existing product and the wire frames I've shown really require this feature.

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm being yelled at by my boss to switch to Sketch because Adobe XD is not capable of competing with them.

• jake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if you can see the video, we want to be able to create and scroll defferent areas of the screen like you can see on YouTube?

• BeasT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A little tip for scrollable area: you can use second artboard that scrolling is checked. And in prototype set Trigger: Time, Delay: 0 and Action: Overlay. It isn´t best solution, but it´s working.

• Yolanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I think I found it. Just click " fix position when scrolling" on the content that you want to fix. It works on mine! :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It goes without saying, that our websites and apps sometimes scroll! Until yesterday, it was impossible to emulate scrolling within XD.

Making a given screen, or artboard rather, scrollable is fortunately very easy.

Let's say you have the following artboard (by the way, I copied this from the Google Material Design UI Kit within Adobe XD), and you want to simulate scrolling of this list of names.

Notice the red Viewport Height section. This is the viewable area by default.

If you want to make this artboard scrollable beyond that height, you simply drag down the bottom of the artboard:

Notice the dotted horizontal line, that's the Viewport Height. Anything below this will become scrollable content.

Let's drag the bottom Name group down to the bottom: https://quotesupdate.com/best-funny-whatsapp-status-quotes.html

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base