Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Windows] Paste from Illustrator

I'd like to be able to paste a vector object from Illustrator to XD.

150 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

The workflow that copies vector information from Illustrator into XD should work seamlessly, period!

In my post below, i was trying to gather more information to troubleshoot the problem and fix the issue the customer was seeing. In order to do that, i came up with some possible ways to gather this information.

I hope you are seeing this the same way it was intended in the first place.

Cheers,
      M.

• Don't tie your product's innovative features to the Adobe's Creative Cloud

There are not many professionals who like the creative cloud. It's cumbersome, awkward to use, not user friendly and slow. It's like the UI for the Typekit website - not fit for purpose. For some of the exciting features you have shown at MAX, history states and multi-user document access, please don't tie these to Creative cloud. Don't let 'Adobe' bully you into using legacy frameworks to support innovation. A lot of pro users will want to decide the place they write data to or use their own cloud service. For example, some of the worst performance I have seen…

8 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi James,

I’m sorry to hear you are seeing poor performance with regards to sharing prototypes. In the latest release of XD (0.6.2.7), we have moved to a different backend architecture for sharing, so I’d be interested to know if you are still seeing performance issues or not. If you have a chance, could you try sharing a design file and let us know how it worked?

If you see poor performance with 0.6.2.7, please email the following info to AdobeXDSharingSupport@adobe.com and we can investigate further to determine how best to optimize the experience:

- The URL to the prototype that you shared. This will allow up to investigate in various log files how much time different aspects of the sharing operation took on our end.
        - A copy of your design file (or if you don’t want to share this, the number and type of artboards you are using)…

• Cannot measure height of font based on bounding box

中文输入模式下 输入框自带高度 文字设置的高度无法测算距离其他控件的距离 文字的外框 可不可以像ai一样 或者 可控制

Chinese input mode, the input box comes with a height of the height of the text can not be measured from the distance of other controls Text frame can be the same as ai or control

(Text frame should be measured like Adobe Illustrator measures it.)

6 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello there,

Thank you for getting in touch. To help us track this down, could you please let us know what version of OS and XD you are using, and provide an image of the behavior you are seeing versus the behavior you expect? The text you are inputing would also help, as I am not incredibly familiar with the Chinese input mode.

-Bear

• Color Themes support for XD CC Libraries

I'm on W10. The library doesn't work at all. When I open the Xd my library items are absent. The only thing I was able to retrieve was some of my color library but all my vector files and color schemes is not available. I actually get sections I have never ever created! Like a section named Shapes. In the library item section I get the text "unsupported elements".

So is everything I have in my CC library unsupported in Xd? I thought the main purpose of the library was to be able to use the items cross apps? Seems…

5 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for contacting us. As we’ve communicated in the CC Libraries story, the first cut supports Colors and Character Styles. We’re currently working to support raster and vector graphics in a future release, so you can keep abreast of updates by upvoting here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12930321

Color schemes are something that isn’t on our short term roadmap, and I’d like to convert this bug to a feature request to support color schemes in CC Libraries.

-Elaine

• Link back to second last artboard (and third last, etc)

Now when tapping on a back button twice in succession you're stuck in a loop. This needs to be solved smarter so that you can go back multiple steps.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Shadows lost when copying from Illustrator

When i copy an artboard in from illustrator into xd, shadows get lost and are not imported. That style should be carried over instead of having to recreate it in xd

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Importing PSD files to XD

When importing a photoshop file to XD the cliping masks did not maintain. I used an angle shape to clip photos and it appears to have released. Clipping masks should transfer over.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • XD link not working on non Apple tablets

I use an apple MacBook Pro to create a prototype. I export link and it works great on an iphone.

But... The prototype does not display when viewed on an non apple tablet. Any reason for this?

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Only Publishes Recently added screens

This is probably a bit of an edge-case, but something I noticed.

We perform versioning by copying the existing file, and creating updates on a new one (allowing us to archive previous versions).

When I did this, I added 3 new screens. Publishing design specs from this particular file only showed the three new screens (plus the screen they were all linked from) and nothing else.

It also seems to be related to adding, rather than editing screens, as none of the screens I had updated from the previous file were there.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi James,

Sorry to hear there is some confusion. I believe your issue is related to the manner in which you connected artboards in your design file. XD decides which artboards to upload as follows:

1/ If none of the artboards are connected with wires, ALL artboards will be uploaded. Users can transition between artboards using the arrow buttons on the screen or on a keyboard.

2/ If one or more artboards are connected, XD uploads only those artboards that are connected to the home artboard.

For example, if you have a design file with artboards named:

One
                      Two
                      Three
                      Four
                      Five

If artboard One is connected to artboards Three and Five – the prototype or design spec you share will contain artboards One, Three and Five. Since artboards Two and Four aren’t connected to the home artboard, they will not be included.

The first time you connect an element…

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base