Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

18 results found

1. I remember, I have seen this presentation at Adobe MAX 2015. Where we can use dummy / Sample data for content such as Name, city, country etc (Please also think to add lorem ipsum dummy paragraph if possible).

I would love to know, is there any plan to integrate that concept in near future. Its a really great functionality and time consuming important feature for us.

Ref - Design with Data - Adobe MAX 2015 - Sneak Peeks:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ebPSJR3U0

2,509 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be great if AdobeXD could provide sort of a library of UIElements from iOS, OSX, Android and Windows besides the given UIKits. So you can simply drag e.g. the textfield to your artboard and adjust this afterwards. This would make the process of designing an app much more easier!

1,962 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When I swipe between screens I do not want the header and footer bar to slide with the transition, just the content area. Please create a function for this

1,792 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Collaborative work: Updating 'share link' of an .xd file not possible on another machine

System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6
    XD-Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta

We are working with different people on the same .xd file. Updating the prototype link is only possible on the machine with wich the .xd file was created. The other people can only create new links.

1. Create an .xd file
    2. Publish prototype
    3. Save the .xd file
    4. Open the same .xd file on another machine
    5. Updating the published prototype link not possible (only creation of new link)
    1,540 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be great with a few more features/interactive animations when you link the pages. More easing options. I guess what I'm saying I would like to have more animations and effects based on what we have on websites and apps to this date.

transition presets

1,008 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A member of our team is leaving. The only way we can change ownership of her files is to have her download them and share them locally. This is fine and all but it breaks all the links to the document so I have to go into the various places we share the link, like JIRA, and add new links.

I would prefer that we could just change ownership of the file to another team member.

994 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 639 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. There should really be a tool to crop photos by selection (maybe by double clicking on it and using the control points) but it took me a while just to figure out that i have to mask by shape just to crop a photo.

558 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  Hoyle responded

We’ve begun working on an easier way to crop your images without using an image mask and will be releasing this in an upcoming release!

Hoyle
    Product Manager, Adobe XD

9. Adobe Creative Design supports svg export which is great, but the resulting svg is a little bit suboptimal. For example, if i create a simple circle, give it a stroke-width of 4 with some color and a fill
    the resulting svg contains a group element containing 2 circles, one with a fill and the other with a stroke.

It would be great if the exported svg could be cleaner. I attached some sample files. the "exported.svg" is the file exported from Adobe XD, the "edited.svg" contains the svg, which yields the same result but is cleaner.

A cleaner…

329 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

The feature that allows you to control the position of stroke: inside/center/outside was started and it will be available in the future versions of Adobe XD. Will let you know once the feature becomes available.

Cheers,
    M.

10. I was happy to see folders for cloud documents be released. However, my co-worker(s) and I were disappointed to see that when organizing or creating a folder structure, it does not reflect to other XD users. Essentially, it only occurs under your own Creative Cloud account.

REQUEST: I would like to make a folder structure with my own and/or XD documents that were shared with me to be synced up for specified users to see on their ends as well. (Similarly to Dropbox or Google Drive folders where other users can access them)

321 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

96 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. Would like XD to work with InDesign in much the same manner that AI and PSD files do. This might be more of a feature request for InDesign however I imagine they both play a role in working together.

Ultimately, in order for a design to be implemented correctly, we need to provide a detailed UI specification for engineering. This specification is often worked on by interaction and visual designers which is part of what makes InDesign an ideal solution for us.

The prototyping functionality is great for communicating how a design could work, but we still need an accompanying…

322 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be helpful to be able to copy prototypes (along with any shared comments posted to those prototypes) from one Adobe ID to another. I am leaving one company and moving to another company but need to take my prototypes with me and there is currently no way of doing this. Thanks!

272 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I am sharing prototypes from different projects. This feature is highly appreciated in the team. I would appreciate a possibility to organise my collection: group prototypes (create folders?), have different view options (tiles, lists?) and sort by date (to see most recent updates?).

The problem is that Prototype section is getting very messy: all prototypes land in Prototypes section, titles are truncated, there is no certain order to them, I have no control on grouping or display. many prototypes tiles in the view start with the same name and page, so I have trouble to find what I am looking…

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want it so that the cloud space would work as a team space, not only the individual users.

team cloud space

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Eg: When you have a friends list inside a game screen, in a prototype, I need to be able scroll in a clipped mask of a container, which is currently possible in Principle, which makes a group scrollable vertically or horizontally. I'm looking for the equivalent of the same here.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re currently testing a feature like this as part of the private prerelease program, and expect to deliver this as part of the next product update. Please join the private prerlease to learn more, or stay tuned!

16. 41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have started working on showing all artboards present in a Design specs link as thumbnails which will be the New page overview. We will also show which artboards have comments in it against corresponding artboard thumbnail that is shown in that page overview.

17. Ability to view team prototypes. Similar to how you can view team assets. So that I as a creative director, or other team members can quickly find and reference prototypes completed by other team members

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We announced CC Spaces in XD today at Adobe MAX! In a space, all members will be able to view all of the prototypes and design specs published from content within the space, all in one location. More details to come!

18. After you Publish links they will appear in your personal "Published" section- and right now there is only possible to do two actions: Copy Link or Permanently Delete.

Is there a possibility to make a feature that will enable to " Share " or " Share all" these published links so they will appear in the " Shared With You " section of other members? (or another section just a suggestion).

If you have a big project and already have 100+ links there is really challenging to find, manage them or review them. Even If you are using JIRA or…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We announced CC Spaces in XD today at Adobe MAX! In a space, all members will be able to view all of the prototypes and design specs published from content within the space, all in one location. More details to come!