Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

14 results found

1. 5,425 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I'd like to have bullet point support in my area text.

3,888 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2,901 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1,421 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for your feedback! This feature is already in our backlog – not sure when it will arrive, but we’re aware of the need for it.

Regards,
    Joe

6. I am about to use it for design prototype for work. As I tested it, I found out the colour between design view and share online result have different colours.
    Please check the attached files. I tested with my own file and the examples from adobe.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Many icon sets define a specific (often square) area that represents the boundaries for all icons. In the SVG format, this boundary is specified by the SVG viewBox attribute. Individual icons will have varying measurements for their vector shapes, e.g. a "minus" icon's vector-shape will have a larger width than height. When scaling icons, if you can rely on the viewBox size, you can scale all icons to consistent sizes (e.g. 24x24 or 48x48).

Currently when importing an SVG icon into Adobe XD, the object will have the vector-shapes measurements, so that scaling multiple icons from the same icon set…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. SVG gradients are not rendered correctly when importing this image in AdobeXD.
    See the reference file with embedded bitmaps to see how it is rendered compared to how it should be rendered.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When I type in a text box on the artboard and I hit escape it keeps the text I just changed and takes me out of editing mode with the cursor.

When I type in a layer to change the name of it and I hit escape it removes the changes I just made and take me out of editing mode with the cursor. To effectively keep the changes I must hit return on the keyboard.

If I hit return on the keyboard while editing a text box on the artboard I get what I would expect -- a carriage…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I don't know it's considered as a bug or if it's beaucause it's not final yet.

1. 0.5.0.4 Beta

2. Having a repeat grid with content in it already. Trying to add new element within the groups of the grid (which because of the logic of no layers, adds the object in each duplicate). Finally, move the whole group (normally considered as the reference object for the grid) to adjust the spacing in height of the content.

3. I was hoping when I drag the repeat grid handle down, the following content would take in account the respacing.

4. It does not.

5. Video attached.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Winnie,

Thank you for your feedback! We already have a feature in the backlog for adjusting the cell size based on the content and that will solve the issue you describe. Currently the size of the repeat grid cells is fixed and only their padding adjustable.

Kind regards,
    Florin

11. [Windows] Exporting from Xd (.svg) to Adobe Illustrator - Blur Not Showing

Xd Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta, CS 2.4.3.114
    Adobe Illustrator Version : 21.1.0 (64-bit)
    Windows 10 Home
    Version 1703
    OS Build 15063.608

1. Create any 2 shapes in Xd. Make them any color but white.
    2. Create a 3rd shape and overlay(top layer)that so the previous two shapes are totally covered
    3. Select this 3rd shape and apply blur (amount: 8 | brightness: 0 | opacity: 0%)
    4. Select page
    5. Export .svg (embed image)
    6. Open .svg in Adobe Illustrator

Result
    No blur. See Ai_NoBlur.png

Expected Result
    See AiBlur.ai
    1. I made a group

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Blur for the exported SVG will be implemented in a future version of XD. Will let you know once that is publicly available.

Cheers,
    M.

12. Enter a custom JIRA Filter ID either in the XD Plugin interface or the JIRA App Management.

This would populate the Filter by drop down in the JIRA XD Plugin interface.

Benefit: Leverage JIRAs powerful filtering to group Stories that need design and allows design teams to see the same group of Issues being worked on.

Note: For shared XD projects/boards.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When using a component instance in a different document, changes to the linked color asset (in the new document) should update the instances.

There seems to be no reason for the current behavior. I work with multiple products with the same base UI differed mostly by color.

It actually looks more like a bug, but this ticket says otherwse: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/38063995-linked-components-not-reacting-to-edit-fill-color

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When using Intersection in 0.6.20.7 Beta, the resulting object is misaligned from the two shapes position. See GIF below:

http://recordit.co/1zqoS6aS8J

Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch. This is currently the expected behavior, though we are hoping to improve it in the future. When you create a boolean group including an image, the image then becomes a fill for the resulting path. The image will be scaled to cover the path, similar to the css background-property value “cover”.

If you want the image to stay in place, I would suggest using a Mask instead, which will keep the relative size / position of the image intact.

You might be interested in checking out two topics over in the feature request forum:

More flexibility when using images as a fill:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17197367-drag-image-into-bounding-box

Automatically resizing an image to fit a mask group:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13125480-fit-content-proportionally

I hope that answers your questions,
    -Bear