Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Sharing presets are great, but not optimal yet.

Consider such a use case:
    - Your prototype is shared for user testing. This way, the users can access the artboards which are linked to the prototype root artboard (great) or to all artboards (not great).
    - From this XD file, the designer may also share specific artboards for developers. In such case, the need is pretty the opposite. Getting access to the prootype is not really necessary, but access to components specs is a must.

So, I think the sharing presets should include the list of shared artboards, which of course…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Currently overflow text shows up as a filled blue circle. this is not a clear indicator when looking for errors. i believe making this at the least red will have a better impact. if it could also be a plus sign perhaps to indicate there is "more" below, similar to indesign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If I make derivative files from a file that was already shared as a specs link all derivatives will have the same title on the shared specs screen.

Confusing to devs and clients and a common use case when working on products.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Because text does not resize the same way objects do, it would be nice to have the option to expand text to outlines the same way Illustrator does. This would turn text into shapes and allow for resizing/shaping.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible in XD. With the text object you want to convert selected, choose Object > Path > Convert to Path, or press Cmd+8 (Mac) or Ctrl+8 (Windows).

5. An extra feature for the keyboard triggers to be able to facilitate shortcut mode as well.

The feature would be able to set up 2-3 buttons as a trigger to show a new overlay or artboard. (example: Command+K, Command+Space bar or Command+Shift+E).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want to be able to have the option to name my Character Styles, ex. "Heading 1" "Heading 2" "Body text" etc. and Colors "Primary", "Secondary" etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sometimes I need to communicate that the user has switched between apps. It would be cool to have a special animation for transitioning between artboards that mimics the iOS/Android app switching experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be awesome to have a keyboard shortcut to quickly apply 0% opacity to elements.

As an example, I do this often to keep elements on the page and use them as anchor points in prototypes, despite them not being visible. #ghostbutton

Thanks for your time! :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When in Prototype Mode, sometimes elements are very far away on canvas.

Screen should scroll when trying to connect to Prototype Target.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Consolidation, iteration, etc would be improved by allowing wires to be copied with artboards as they are moved between documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible in Adobe XD. If you copy the selected artboards while in the Prototype mode, when you paste them, their wires and defined interactions will be retained. If you copy and paste while in Design mode, then the wires and interactions are not retained.

11. It would be very helpful if it was possible to simply export a self-contained HTML demo from Adobe XD. This means it would export all artboards as HTML pages, with links available between them as defined in the Prototype mode into a single folder on my computer. No need for internet access, cloud access, or enterprise security accommodations... just an export to a local folder.

From there, I can decide the best means to share it with users or other stakeholders, using whatever means my company allows.

Please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. You should be ashamed guys...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently there is no way to know which artboard is the "Home Artboard" outside of Prototype mode, and there's no way of changing it in design mode.

I make a lot of presentations/decks in XD and I don't often use prototype mode. When I share a prototype/deck I assume the first slide is going to be the artboard in the upper left because this the default order for unlinked artboards in XD: left-to-right, top-to-bottom.

I currently don't have any visual indication (in design mode) as to which artboard is my "home artboard." Which means sometimes I don't know that my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I do appreciate the effort of including new languages (like Portuguese-BR) on Adobe XD. Even though I live in Brazil, I'm used to work with softwares and apps in English.

I would really like to have the option to change the language of Adobe XD, without have to change the language on my OS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. In CC Library, I should see the character styles I created named by the name I assigned, not the typeface. e.g. I should see "H1", "H2", "Body" instead of "Roboto", Roboto", Roboto"
    (Is this a feature request? it certainly seems like a bug...)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It will be awesome if you can consider XD for creating Artwork for Instagram Stories, Posts, FB, etc

No tool is solving this beautifully, request you to consider this option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I'm creating a button and want to add 4 px rounded corners to it, instead of guessing what 4px looks and dragging the cursor like I would like to be able to enter that the corners should be 4px in the sidebar near where the height and width are set.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can we get "Open from your computer" in the mac file menu. It is painful to go have to click twice to open files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We need a keyboard shortcut to quickly and easily switch the grid layout on and off

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to import PSDs into XD projects. Right now we have to Open the PSD, then copy the assets from that new project into the XD project we're working on. It would be a major improvement in workflow if we could simply use the Import feature which is currently limited to JPGs, PNGs, GIFs and SVGs.

This would remove the 2 extra steps of 1) exporting the PSD into a PNG and 2) copying assets from opened PSD into current project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)