Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drag Reverse to Previous Artboard

The drag is only limited by its feature to create the transitions to the next screen. BUT if we want to go back to the previous artboard with a reverse drag, you can't.

The problem is if we want to show you can drag to back to the previous artboard screen, you have to create a new screen. So a carousel that has 3 artboards, now you have to create at least 6 artboards.

This suggestion of mine is to reduce the number of screens that take up Adobe XD's limited pasteboard and reduce the workload to prototype these interactions.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Noun Project App to work with XD

When dragging icons from Noun Project App into XD there is an issue with XD not recognizing SVG's. The SVG icon is only recognized as a png element? When doing the same in other programs (illustrator or photoshop) or in your competition Sketch this is not a problem! Currently, the workaround is to drag from noun project into Illustrator and then copy into XD but obviously annoying.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 100% Preview in Prototype Mode

Very annoying that the Preview window is not at 100%.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use current file location as Save as default path

When I select "Save As" it would make a lot of sense to use the file's current location as the default path. Currently XD seems to use the path that was used last time when using XD, regardless of the file.

I use file number versioning alot, and I have "lost" my files multiple times just to find out them being accidentally saved into the folder of another project.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Display informations for developers

When I send my mockup to developers, they need all informations about size, font, etc. It would be nice to have an option to display those informations :)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cannot import XD SVG into Illustrator

イラストレーター(ai)形式の書き出し機能が欲しい。
    書き出したSVGをイラレに持っていくとデータがかなり抜け落ちてしまう。

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I believe the new version of Illustrator released in November had some changes to address this issue. Could you please try again and let us know if this issue is fixed?

Thanks,

-Elaine

11月にリリースされたIllustratorの新しいバージョンでは、この問題に対処するためにいくつかの変更が加えられたと思います。 この問題が修正された場合はもう一度お試しください。

8. Responsive Artboard

XD currently pretty well handles responsive resizing of elements. Why not make it available for the whole artboard?

You would be able to set an artboard as responsive, so on preview/developer view, the artboard width can be changed and all elements placed on this artboard will be scaled up or down accordingly (including the grid - but to do this, there must be an option to define a grid with percentage values).

Placing elements on your artboard, you can also define their width as a percentage of the column width, or multiple column width.

You can also define breakpoints. Then…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Minimize text box and add "read more"

I'm looking for a easy way to create a expandable text box with the click of a button (e.g read more)

This is often seen in app stores and in news articles that that are behind a pay wall.
    With the text box minimized you should be able the see the content below (screenshots etc) but when you expand the content should be moved further down. Maybe this is already possible but I can't find the feature either in the software or in a tutorial. Of course I can build this my own with animations, but shouldn't there be a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. Right now, the way to do this is using auto-animate, which will enable you to move other objects out of the way. I’m guessing you’re looking for a tool that will enable you to automatically reflow the rest of your page when you expand a section, is that right?

10. Mac/Windows Font Structure Issue

Some fonts have issues between Mac and Windows environments most notably at the moment the Intro typeface. It works fine in all other Adobe software but in XD if a person sets up a file on a Mac and then a Windows user tries to open the file the fonts are all missing despite the exact same font files being installed on both computers. Mac and Windows in XD seem to group font families differently so Intro Black Caps on Mac is Font-Family: Intro, Font-weight: black caps. But on Windows it's Font-Family Intro Caps, Font-weight: Black. Causing the files to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Select all colours used in the document

I would love the ability to be able to select all colours used / unused in the document (just like Illustrator) from the assets panel. Also would be awesome to do the same with character styles & symbols.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. image rotation in mask

There should be a way to rotate a photo inside a mask. Right now the whole mask rotates and not just the image. See example.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Corey has the following message for you; please let us know if this addresses your concern.

Thanks for the feedback. In this instance you are correct, the shortcut mechanism for cropping an image fill doesn’t allow the image fill itself to be transformed independent of the shape.

You could instead use mask with shape. Drag the image to the canvas, mask with a rectangle, then drill down by double clicking into the mask group and rotate your image there.

13. Ability to share in adobe XD with other cloud spaces instead of Adobe Creative Cloud

Within adobe XD we would like to see a possibility to share with specific bitbucket repository or google drive storage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fonts used, auto shown in Assets pane with ability to globally replace

Having a Font work like a colour asset where if changed in the asset pane the text that uses that font would change.

The Font Assets could update automatically since you are not likely to use lots of fonts. As with colours(in the assets pane) you could right click and select 'edit' to change the font and thus all the text within the document that uses that font.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Artboard Order

I am confused how XD order the artboard while exporting.

I feel we should be able to rearrange the artboard at the time of exporting. XD should export the artboards as per layer order or give options for the user to decide the order.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. sticky buttons

would you be able to allow multiple sticky elements on the page?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Baseline shift

I sometimes need to adjust the position of the trademark or register trademark icons in my screens, after changing the size, but I cannot because there is no baseline shift.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show resolved comments

Radio to see resolved comments. Once I mark comment as resolved, never get the content back (or to see, how many comments there was...)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow downloading images from web viewer

Allow easy downloading of images from the web view. It looks like the app deliberately obfuscates this ability (right click -> download image is not possible in browser).
    Seeing as there is no built in version control or reference ID for version of images, downloading images is necessary to take snapshots of progress.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Access Shared for Review documents with XD mobile apps

Currently if you share a document using the Share for Review function the receiver can only see this document on a web browser. This has limitations, both on viewing experience (browser chrome gets in the way) and performance.

It would be great if the prototype could be seen directly inside the mobile XD apps instead, under the Shared with You section.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Message from Arun:

While I see your point about browser chrome still present when viewing a prototype on mobile web browser, I am not sure I understood the issue with performance.

Can you elaborate more on why you felt the performance of viewing prototypes on mobile web is slower? Any specific examples that you can share will help us dig into this further and improve the experience.

On the viewing experience as well, we have recently made some improvements where-in maximum real estate is now used to show the prototype in its glory. Browser chrome on most browsers go away after some time allowing you to see the full height prototype. Please give this a try and let us know your feedback. I am eager to hear more from you.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base