Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use current file location as Save as default path

When I select "Save As" it would make a lot of sense to use the file's current location as the default path. Currently XD seems to use the path that was used last time when using XD, regardless of the file.

I use file number versioning alot, and I have "lost" my files multiple times just to find out them being accidentally saved into the folder of another project.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share prototype without interactions

Sometimes I need to get a prototype shared with devs so they can start working on some small piece of the software before I'm done, and to allow time for comments etc in my fast-paced work environment. I often find myself needing to share prototypes before I've started to make them interactive, when they're just in very early stages (sometimes just to show progress, sometime so devs can get a head start on basic styling / layout). However, right now the app won't allow me to share a prototype that has no interactions. This means I have to either add…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update Component Preview in Assets Panel when Master Component is edited

Currently, after creating a component, there is a preview image of that component in the assets panel. But if you make a change to that master component (for example, changing a green object to red) the preview in the assets panel does not update. So even though I now want this component to be a red object, it becomes very hard to find it in the assets panel, at a glance because it is still green in the preview image.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I want the seperate prototype links back

I thinks its very annoying that you now force us to present the design specs and prototype in the same share cause now it's impossible to iterate these two documents separately. Most of the times my design specs and my prototypes are different iterations and must be shared separately. Often we iterate different prototypes and we send design specs for just sections of the design, the section that has been accepted for release. With the new setup it's impossible to continuous this strategy and it messes things up. Please give us back the opportunity to share ONE thing at the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cannot import XD SVG into Illustrator

イラストレーター(ai)形式の書き出し機能が欲しい。
    書き出したSVGをイラレに持っていくとデータがかなり抜け落ちてしまう。

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I believe the new version of Illustrator released in November had some changes to address this issue. Could you please try again and let us know if this issue is fixed?

Thanks,

-Elaine

11月にリリースされたIllustratorの新しいバージョンでは、この問題に対処するためにいくつかの変更が加えられたと思います。 この問題が修正された場合はもう一度お試しください。

7. Overlay via hover not possible?

I noticed I cannot put a Hover-Interaction on a component to trigger an overlay. When I use Hover, it only allows switching between states. And when I set a new Element and try to let it trigger an Overlay, the Option "Hover" is not even given in the Interaction-Menü.

Is this a bug or a non-improvement?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Component Overrides

I would love to have the ability to create overrides for master components. For example if I create a card, I would like to be able to select a text field, and in the properties panel have an overrides section where I can hit add. The properties panel would then give me a text field where I could type the new text and it would update that component.

That override field would be available on all instances of the component, each with its override content being separated from the other instances.

However, the text itself in the component would still…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Organize, Edit & Name artboards in XD like you can in Illustrator

It would be very useful to be able to Organize, Arrange, Edit & Name artboards in XD exactly like you can in Illustrator.

Currently in XD you have to arrange the boards linearly from left to right in order to share and export them properly. If you could organize the artboards like you can in AI it would allow for smoother organization, grouping and exporting capabilities.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stretch grid/columns like in Figma

In Figma I can set margins and gutters and then let the columns stretch over whatever the remaining amount of pixels is. Super easy to work with. Would be a great feature to add to XD :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! You can actually already do this – just set your margins and gutters in layout grid, and the columns will recalculate. The only caveat is that our columns are pixel-snapped, which means that you can’t have fractional columns. (Instead, we’ll add the remainder to the margin.) Given this information, can you clarify what you’d like changed about the existing layout grid system?

11. add shadow to components

When I have a component I would like to be able to add a shadow to the component. Currently there is only fill and border available.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sherif has a response for you: Alan,

Today in XD, you could select any layer inside the component and add a shadow to it, and it render outside the component bounding box. Does that solve your use case? if not, could you please add more detail into what you’re trying to achieve.

12. Bug > Every time I update a nested component the component that contains it disappears

I have icon component that has different states and it is used inside my field component, so every time I update my icon component in my master files I go back to my mockup file and I see my field components disappear from my artboard. Can you please fix this bug it is causing a lot of issues to me when working.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Artboard Tool should allow you to select an artboard without having to click on the artboard title.

I should be able to select an actual artboard (like in PS) when using the artboard tool. Right now the artboard tool only lets you create artboards with a click. Currently I have to scroll up or zoom out, then click the name of the artboard in order to select it, in order to make modifications. A similar functionality to Illustrator would be helpful (Shift+O to enter artboard edit mode).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. One single interaction can trigger multiple actions to take place.

I found when designing navigation for a single page site, I want the button to change color while on a specific part of the page. It would be nice if one interaction like tap, could trigger multiple interactions to take place.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. undo and redo history buttons... PLEASE

undo and redo history buttons... PLEASE

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. An option to not include text values in components

Lets say you have a Button designed as a component but you want it to have different labels in different situations - the problem I have: every time I change something in the primary component, the label always sets back as well. It would be nice if I could set some "Lorem Ipsum" as a placeholder text that can be changed in child components without repercussions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Screens overview on the web

I’d love to have a sort of an overview of all screens (artboards) the same way as in Design mode to show all screens at a glance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    When you share your designs as a Prototype or Design Specs link from XD, you can open it in a web browser and look at the experience you have built.
    You can also click on the Grid icon present in the top left corner to access what we call the Grid view. This would display thumbnails of all the screens in your design along with connected screens information.

Check out this link for more details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7UBc5sSufI

Let us know if this is what you are looking for?

Thanks!
    Arun

18. hide art board

support hide for art boards

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. On hover tooltip

On Hover to provide tooltip or pop-over,
    As of now you guys have provided the On hover component/button styling. But we need to add tooltips at times or a mini popover on hover which will be helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Layout Grid needs to have the ability to create an 8pt grid with rows

It's frustrating that you only have the ability with Layout Grid to create columns. horizontal 8 point grids are becoming a big thing with UI design. XD needs to have that capability. Until then I will have to stick with Sketch.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base