Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. file preview thumbnails in Bridge

Can we please get a preview of .xd files in Bridge? Right now it's just the XD logo.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use current file location as Save as default path

When I select "Save As" it would make a lot of sense to use the file's current location as the default path. Currently XD seems to use the path that was used last time when using XD, regardless of the file.

I use file number versioning alot, and I have "lost" my files multiple times just to find out them being accidentally saved into the folder of another project.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update Component Preview in Assets Panel when Master Component is edited

Currently, after creating a component, there is a preview image of that component in the assets panel. But if you make a change to that master component (for example, changing a green object to red) the preview in the assets panel does not update. So even though I now want this component to be a red object, it becomes very hard to find it in the assets panel, at a glance because it is still green in the preview image.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I want the seperate prototype links back

I thinks its very annoying that you now force us to present the design specs and prototype in the same share cause now it's impossible to iterate these two documents separately. Most of the times my design specs and my prototypes are different iterations and must be shared separately. Often we iterate different prototypes and we send design specs for just sections of the design, the section that has been accepted for release. With the new setup it's impossible to continuous this strategy and it messes things up. Please give us back the opportunity to share ONE thing at the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the latest version (31.x) of Adobe XD, you can achieve all of the following below. Here are the detailed steps that you can try in the latest version and let us know if this addresses your concerns?

1. Publish single artboard from canvas:

Steps:
    a. Switch to Prototype mode
    b. Select the artboard that you want to publish
    c. Set it as ‘Home’ artboard by clicking on the grey home icon decoration that shows up towards the left of that artboard.
    d. Make sure there is no other artboard that is having a wire connection to this set home artboard.
    e. Also make sure there are no other home artboards set in the canvas.
    f. Switch to Share mode, you should see this single home artboard highlighted in Share mode.
    g. Choose the type of link you want to publish and create the link.

2. Publish Prototype and Design…

6. Cannot import XD SVG into Illustrator

イラストレーター(ai)形式の書き出し機能が欲しい。
    書き出したSVGをイラレに持っていくとデータがかなり抜け落ちてしまう。

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I believe the new version of Illustrator released in November had some changes to address this issue. Could you please try again and let us know if this issue is fixed?

Thanks,

-Elaine

11月にリリースされたIllustratorの新しいバージョンでは、この問題に対処するためにいくつかの変更が加えられたと思います。 この問題が修正された場合はもう一度お試しください。

7. Overlay positioning below "fold"

I would like to be able to position an overlay so that it is connected to a specific element regardless of whether that element is below the "fold".

There are many instances of long, scrolling pages where a dropdown or tooltip needs to appear below the fold.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Copy and paste into illustrator from Adobe Xd

Please bring back this feature. Copying XD vector content to the clipboard and then paste it as fully editable layers into Adobe Illustrator was a super powerful and useful feature.

Sometimes I need to export elements that were created on Xd to illustrator for print or social media, and every time I do this, I have to use the CC libraries now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Exported artboard having issue with blend modes

Today I exported an artboard which has numbers of design elements having blend modes (darken, overlay, multiply etc) applied against primary background colors. The exported image (PNG / JPEG) was not in intended color like it seemed in XD; it has complete different color. It's clear that blend mode is not working properly in produced image. It's driving me real crazy. I can't show my work to the client. He won't accept my work until the issue is fixed.

I've attached 2 versions of images for the reference.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Message from Alex in the comments: Hello Ishwor, sorry to learn about your inconvenience.

I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue you’re describing, so I was wondering how you have brought the vector graphics into the design: did you import the entire design from another tool, or perhaps just the vector graphics? Any details on the process you’ve gone through while creating the design would help me and my team get to the bottom of this.

10. Correction numbers are changing when resolved

When putting a comment to the state of 'resolved' the numbers on the file are changing. This can be very disturbing, when a collegue refers to a number.. Because that number has been changed.

It would be very nice, if the resolved items just greyed out or something but could still be visible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Application frame toggle for XD

Application frame for Adobe products are great stuff, I been using since years, I love this features across most of Adobe products specially Illustrator and Photoshop. Please give the same feature in Adobe XD too, that will be very handy and increases usability of the application specially if we are dragging assets comparing different XD widows/projects, creating user flow and persona/flow charts and many other features.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Open Prototype in New window / new browser tab

Add option to Open Prototype in New window / new browser tab. for ex. if I wanted to open menu item in new tab / new browser window, I cant found any such feature in XD. that's the basic option to add. long live XD

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Run path operations on shapes grouped to bounding boxes.

Masked paths/shapes are revealed in js react. It would be nice to not have to do this manually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Export SVG group as individual object

The developer mode currently is exporting my SVGs as various individual files, although I'm grouping them in .xd file before exporting.

This is giving me headaches, as often Developers will send e-mails requesting the images corrected to program the front-end of a webpage. This highly affects the workflow and productivity, as I have to go by every single one and export as .png.

This happens often when I need to edit icons and vectors in XD on the fly, by adding new elements and grouping them together. Would be nice if grouping these modifications would be enough to export them…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out. I tried this out, and this works as you expect it to. You’ll need to make sure you’re marking the group and not the contents as available for batch export in the layers panel. Then, when you publish your design spec, the group will be exported as a single SVG.

Please let us know if this addresses your issue.

15. Wacom Tablet Support for Prototype Link Navigation Scroll

Wacom Tablet scroll support needed for live prototypes. Our team use XD and love the application, we use Wacom tablets for all of our design work and have to dig out and dust off the old Mouse when viewing prototypes - which is a bit of a pain and I am sure we are not the only design studio to share this pain!!

Support for tablet scrolling would be very beneficial.

Thanks and keep up the amazing work

Regards

Michael

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support fractional values in the grid layout

we are working on 1200px width: 12 columns, 30px margin and 72.5 column width but cant work with xd cause of decimal value problem. It is not prossible to enter 72.5 at column width.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While I understand the need for precision, creating grids that snap off-pixel actually makes designing for screens less accurate, as it often forces elements to anti-alias, leading to less crisp artwork when you output. Are you absolutely sure you need columns that are off-pixel? If so, can you explain why?

17. complex interactions

So you can code things from simple 4-digit pins to creating mini video games right inside of xd. You can export as a JAVA or PYTHON file, but you don't have to actually write anything.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. social feed (all social media)

social feed (all social media)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. double-click instead of ctrl/cmd+click to select nested layers in development link

I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but every time I hand off projects to developers I need to educate them that they must CTRL+CLICK to select layers that are behind a transparent object or inside the mask. For designers, CTRL+Click is obvious but not for developers.

Selecting nested layers should be assigned to the most commonly performed action by the users that try to do it and don't know how, which is "smashing that mouse button until it works". With that said, double-click s the way to go.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base