Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keyboard shortcuts for switching between modes should work on international keyboards

The new shortcut on mac to toggle between design, prototype and share mode means you can't type a hashtag or euro character. Use a different shortcut tool.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Block the xd links

Apparently the only way to stop other accessing your links is to delete them. However, there should be an option to just block the link so that all those people who have access will not be able to view it.

Deleting the link, deletes all the comments that were made. And hence the option of only blocking people from viewing will be helpful.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can actually change the type of the link and remove all users without affecting your comments. If you go to the property inspector of Share mode and “update link” with “only invited people” checked, you will not delete the comments. You can learn more about this in the blog post below:

https://theblog.adobe.com/xd-june-2020-scroll-groups-stacks-more/#:~:text=June%202020%20Release%20of%20Adobe,Stacks%2C%20Scroll%20Groups%2C%20and%20More&text=Today%20we're%20launching%20the,design%2C%20prototype%2C%20and%20collaborate.

3. Update the Google Material Design UI Kit linked in-app (link no longer updated)

The link to Google Material Design is outdated, and the new page does not include an XD document. Can this be updated please making use of the components and button states and other new features?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use ALT/Option key + click and drag to duplicate object in stack.

As an Adobe Xd user that uses many stack groups, I would like to quickly duplicate individual items within a stack.

See video attached for example:
    1. Outside of stack groups the default behavior of holding ALT/Option key while clicking and dragging an object is to duplicate it.
    2. Holding ALT/Option key on an object within a stack group does nothing.
    3. (Workaround) Copy / Pasting an object within a stack group with Command+C & Command+V duplicates the object in the correct location.

This is 1 of 2 minor bugs I've found with stacks, but I think I'm only finding…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to paste objects copied from XD as SVG code to Text Editor

In previous versions of Adobe XD we were able to past the SVG code of an object copied from XD to text editor like Visual Studio Code. But now this feature is not working. When I copy an object from XD with Ctrl+C and paste it to text editor with Ctrl+V nothing happens. Can you please restore this behavior as it was before.

XD Version: 29.2.32

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Components + Content aware layout, Bug with text box

I attached a video. Bug with text box, why link disappear if text box id expanded.

In some case i have more then 1 row, i lose flexibility under components and layout

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Outer Margin for Groups and Components

The new padding feature is cool, but a little too limited. I’d like for it to be able to adjust padding for the outside of groups/components in order to help with building design systems.

For example, when I build a website, a page is often made up of smaller sections (components). I would like to be able to define margin on those components so that each one has an even amount of spacing between the next. That way if I update the height of any of those components or change content that affects its size, components around that one will…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Auto layout

There is one thing that frustrates me every time I work with XD.
    The moment when the height of an element changes and I have to adjust all margins and the height of e.g. cards. And all because the text of a line got shorter.

Figma recently introduced "Auto layout". This allows to define the margins of elements within a "group" and thus complex list/grids that dynamically adapt to the content.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrKX46DzkGQ

It would be great if, after "Content aware layout (padding), the margin could now be addressed.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Horizontal and Vertical Stacks

Using stacks in both horizontal and vertical orientations would bring the prototype much closer to to how development works, specially in mobile, providing much more relatable deliverables.

A "spacing" property could also be used in the stack, providing better control over the design.

A toggle between horizontal and vertical is something that would help but is not necessary.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change text overflow UI

Currently overflow text shows up as a filled blue circle. this is not a clear indicator when looking for errors. i believe making this at the least red will have a better impact. if it could also be a plus sign perhaps to indicate there is "more" below, similar to indesign.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Deselect Home Artboard

Need the ability to 'deselect' the home artboard.

Issue: If I create a prototype with links to the home artboard I can share everything linked to home.

If I then need to remove all connectors so none of the pages were linked, but I still want to publish all artboards, it won't allow me to do it. Only the home artboard is selected.

Basically, once you have physically selected the home artboard by clicking the home icon (rather than having XD do it by default when you create your first board) then you're done! Only one screen can be published…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Changelog for every XD update

Major releases seem to get changelog updates in a handful of places, but not all updates are clear as to what is actually being improved. It's kind of annoying and confusing to update, like the one 2 days ago for example, and have no clue what's changed even after a google search. It makes it unclear if this is the "monthly" update or bugfixes or whatever. Would be cool to see what's actually improved.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Italian language support

1. Why don't you extend the language of the software even to Italian?
      Are we children of a minor Adobe by chance?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable saving documents locally for Starter plan

"Starting from April 2020, these features that are currently a part of Adobe XD ...
    Saving to your computer, though you can still save to cloud documents."

Feature request: Don't remove local saving. Why would you do this? What possible benefit does this have for me as a user? Why would I choose to use a service that doesn't let me save my work locally?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Share prototype without interactions

Sometimes I need to get a prototype shared with devs so they can start working on some small piece of the software before I'm done, and to allow time for comments etc in my fast-paced work environment. I often find myself needing to share prototypes before I've started to make them interactive, when they're just in very early stages (sometimes just to show progress, sometime so devs can get a head start on basic styling / layout). However, right now the app won't allow me to share a prototype that has no interactions. This means I have to either add…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback on this. We’ve made the home artboard able to toggle, so you can toggle it off to share everything, then switch it to another artboard to share only that flow. Share Mode will then show you which artboards will be shared when you publish.

16. Just change one word in the German version of Adobe XD

I really enjoy working with CC libraries. But within the German version of Adobe XD it's called "CC-Bibliotheken" in the menu but the panel is named "CC Libraries".

So please change the wording from "CC-Bibliotheken" to "CC Libraries" to make it consistent.

Thanks!
    Rainer

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show Layout Grid in Development Share Link

Show layout grids on artboards when in development mode - how this feature (https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/inspect-design-specs.html#Viewandinspectlayoutgridproperties) was removed as a feature with update 24.x boggles me...

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Coediting Error 2143

Trying out the new coediting feature in November 2019 update. It's good and convenient. However, i currently encounter document crashing as it is unable to reconnect.

Having previous version is helpful as it backs up my working file and enabling me to download it. But I would still like it to be saved into the same document instead of forcing me to close. The current cloud doc is considered as a corrupted file. It is troublesome as I need to recreate a new cloud file for other partners once again. Viewer/reviewers also cannot use back the same link to view…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow editing shared specs links' titles - use case for derivative files.

If I make derivative files from a file that was already shared as a specs link all derivatives will have the same title on the shared specs screen.

Confusing to devs and clients and a common use case when working on products.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Expand text to outlines

Because text does not resize the same way objects do, it would be nice to have the option to expand text to outlines the same way Illustrator does. This would turn text into shapes and allow for resizing/shaping.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible in XD. With the text object you want to convert selected, choose Object > Path > Convert to Path, or press Cmd+8 (Mac) or Ctrl+8 (Windows).

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base