Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

95 results found

1. To speed things up big-time!

Most of the users will have a decent graphics card anyway to support a big screen resolution (which is comfortable when designing)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

I’m marking this as not a feature request, as we haven’t yet released Windows yet. That being said, we’re definitely making sure that our Windows app is going to be as performant as it can be, which means using every trick in the book (including leveraging the GPU) to make sure it’s as zippy as possible. Stay tuned!

-Elaine

2. I understand you have stopped updates for Windows 8 computers. While I absolutely hate this, the worst part is I can't open up RAW files from my new EOS R since you have tied RAW support to new updates!!!

This has essentially rendered Lightroom/photoshop useless and I'm paying $50 a month for software with 0 support.

I still think that you should either get Lightroom 8 working or offer an upgrade to win 10 (costs $150/computer) but at minimum, keep RAW support going so your creators can keep working!!!

I now have to spend $150/computer to update them, do hours…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I think we should have a cycle through windows option under Window menu in the top. When I open multiple Adobe XD files, I can't cycle through the windows with any keyboard shortcut. I have to hold the mouse left key on the Adobe XD icon from the dock that wastes time for me every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I am participating in trial 2-week with www.Thinkful.com community which has a great background in coding and provides structured feedback from assignment mentors. Unfortunately, you will have to pay to complete the bootcamp but I wish XD daily has a little bit of this focus. They also have online chats throughout the day on how to think like a data scientist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Asset search would be extreamly useful. Especially when using an icon library for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I post a new request for a critical issue to be fixed specifying exactly what we need, and guess what :) It gets merged with a request that has been "UNDER REVEW" for more than 2 years! Just a polite way of saying we don't wanna bother ourselves with this :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out again. Please note that what we’re trying to do is aggregate feedback to see how many people are interested in a feature. In fact, adding to a feature that is “under consideration” is MUCH better than sitting as a request with only one vote. We’ve been working on many of our top 10 issues over these past two years, and the features under consideration are closer to the feature hopper than others. Hope that helps!

7. Recently, i am facing a crazy problem. I'm trying to create a pipeline for rendering my vector graphics. Basically, I am trying to upscale the vector by 16 times, rasterize it, then downscale to supersample it back down to native resolution, which is based on the SVG's canvas.

I'm trying to do this with ImageMagick but from what I have read it isn't possible because you have to explicitly tell ImageMagick the canvas size by pixels, and not by a percentage/multiplying.

I use Adobe Illustrator 22.1 64-bit to create my SVG's, and ImageMagick 7.0.7-25 Q16 x64.

Thanks & Regards
    Camillelola…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Some How Adobe will develop an app [Adobe Smart AI] that will automatically tell us that, which adobe application is required to get the desire result.

For an example: After saving and image form design of an android device. The "Adobe Smart AI" will analysis the image like google lenc and tell that wil need to export via "Android Studio" in .java format.

:::>> Logo concept already done

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have save to image file such as .JPEG , .PNG, or PDF

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hi Adobe!

Actually we have 2 options to export our assets of a desktop design:
    The "design" mode or the "web" mode with a x2. The thing is that this both formats have the same size!

The quality is not good and I need a Retina format (a REAL x2 size) to export in better quality.
    So for a picture 100x120px, I have to export in 200x240px to preserve a good quality. After that, the developers reduce the size by 2 BUT the quality is really better.

Retina format is now a really needed feature to produce high quality websites.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I tried to pay after my beta expired but I got an error saying I can't pay from Nigeria.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. I want to know why the user interface kit are no longer accessible directly to the click in the software.
    When I click on : Apple ios / Google Material / Miscrosof Windows.
    I am redirected to the download page

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your inquiry! We shifted to having a link so that you can get the latest UI kits at any time. Often, the OS developers (like Apple, Google, and Microsoft) update the OS and its paradigms, and the UI kits within the product lag by a couple of months. By giving the OS manufacturers control over the UI kits, you can get the latest design elements faster.

-Elaine

13. Software like Principle and Finto are miles ahead of you guys, and personally I would prefer to stick to Adobe, so please catch up!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Within requests, it would be awesome if you could let us assign a priority to our requests as well.

Up voting works to a degree, however, it isnt as insightful to a true priority...

(this priority is very low-low, btw)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Your tool is lacking in such basic and critical functionality that it is nearly unusable for a professional to use in a real work environment, with deadlines, quality of deliverables, asset hand off, etc that these basic enhancements would easily be addressed if you had the right group prioritizing the backlog.

That means UX DESIGNERS, not product owners, should own this backlog.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As a corporate user of the Adobe Creative Cloud, I expense the monthly charge to my company. When dealing with the Adobe system, the user has to log in to get a PDF receipt of the monthly charges. The system should be configured to allow the user to select one of two options: 1) email a receipt to the email address on file 2) email a notification that the receipt is available (with a link to the pdf after login).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out to us! Unfortunately, as a product team, we don’t control this part of the subscription process. I have, however, submitted your request through the employee requests portal on your behalf so that the team in charge of that part of the product will see it.

I’m closing this request as “not a feature request,” as it’s not an XD-specific feature request.

-Elaine

17. Would be nice if I could edit my post in this forum instead of having to delete it and post it all over again, for instance if I forgot to attach an image or similar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Not sure where to post this idea, because it's more about this feedback website than about Xd itself. I wish we could vote on people's comments, not just on the idea itself. Sometimes the best ideas are buried within the comments, and I fear that they're getting lost.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I have been using XD for over a year now. I recently did a blog post raving about how good it is.

In part 2 I do mention where it could be improved. I noticed that one bug bear has been fixed already and that's the pasting of prototype links. Good stuff!

Give these pages a read:

1. Praise: https://www.reward.cloud/blog/post.php?s=2017-04-24-a-year-with-adobe-xd-am-i-in-love-part-1

2. Feature requests: https://www.reward.cloud/blog/post.php?s=2017-05-01-a-year-with-adobe-xd-am-i-in-love-part-2

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be really beneficial when I zoom out of (for example) a 40pp Indesign document to view all the pages grouped (in order) horizontally and vertically in a grid pattern as oppose to one long column.

Currently the view on screen is one long column. It still involves a lot of scrolling up and down and would be better to work/see the pages in a grid (almost similar to ai artboards).

Is Indesign capable of such a view? I think this could be a real asset to have.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)