Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move Copy to the end of the document name when using Save As

When you save as the word 'copy of' pops in front. If I want to save it as a version at the end of the name I have to delete the Copy Of and revise the name. PS and ID put 'copy' at the end of the file name. Why change the process with this app? they should all be the same. Highlighting 'Copy' at the end of the file name and replacing it with a version is easier to do than removing copy at the head of the file name.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add more details in the Fabric UI kit (SharePoint)

Add more examples in the XD sharepoint kit here: https://t.co/MuiU4HxBq9 as shown on this page here: sharepointlookbook.azurewebsites.net/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Do Not Like New XD Save Interaction

Please make the expanded search features an option. I do not want to save to cloud. I have my own system. (extra click). I do not want to add the words "copy of" to every file. I do not need this. I have a better system. This is ahorrible practice. Why don't you just add final_final_ to the each file while you're at it. This is junk. And now i have to ALSO click into that every time i save a file so i can then drag my mouse and delete your junk. PLEASE REMOVE JUNK.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Recently Opened Items

The recently opened files show thumbnails that are too small. Also if the file names are big then I have keep hovering and waiting for a tooltip to open showing the full name.
    I would suggest to give both the options of list view and thumbnails view (with bigger sizes of thumbnails).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adobe XD UX Plan

Can we have a UX Plan (Like a Photographers plan Photoshop + Lightroom) so the App Designers / UX chaps can have Adobe Photoshop + Adobe XD Plan instead, as the great alternative to Sketch?

Thanks in advance for the consideration

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Lock file as long as it's opened in XD

As long as I'm working in XD I don't want my Cloud Storage to upload the file I'm working on. Therefore it's necessary to lock it until I close XD. See Affinity Designer in combination with OneDrive for example.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Include more meaningful update messages in Creative Cloud Desktop application

Update messages s*ck. Please include something meaningful

Please include more meaningful "Whats new" messages for XD. Current ones are just ridiculous. Every time there is an update, message is exactly the same, some generic bs like "We always improve product and add new features". It's not an app store, it is your own product where you added this feature for a reason. I think it is not that difficult and painful to use.
    Would be really nice to know what those "New features" are without having to google them or stumble upon them accidentally.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Open file on Welcome screen

When I first open Adobe XD, it just give me an option to create new designs, but not to open a file, I know that's for those who are new to the product, but for those who reinstall it we need to create a new file just to open the project we want.

It would be great to have a "Open file" button on that "Welcome" screen

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bulgarian Cyrillic

I noticed that there is only Russian Cyrillic supported, . Is there a way to add automated language recogniser in future updates? Or at least add options similar to the one in photoshop.
    The upper is Russian the bottom one is Bulgarian Cyrillic.
    Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support for case sensitive APFS/HFS

Adobe XD cannot run on macs that for various reasons use a system volume with case sensitive AFPS/HFS. This is the also true for other software from Adobe, e.g. Photoshop. The difference between XD and Photoshop is that Photoshop _is_ available as a standalone download (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html), and standalone download installers let the user select which volume to install the software on. Adobe XD is currently_not_ available as a standalone download and is thus not available on a computer with a system volume that has a case sensitive file system.

A workaround would be to offer a standalone download…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Give Desktop Preview Size/Resolution Options

The Desktop preview needs a "simulator" where we can change the size/resolution that we want to test on.

Example: I have a project designed for iPhone 6, with all art boards being for the iPhone 6, because that is what I'm testing on (my personal phone). I can plug my phone in and test the project on my phone. So, for iPhone 6, all is well. However, I am unable to test on any other devices because I do not own them, and do not want to redo all of my work, resizing them in a new file, for each…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Save Artboard as Separate Document

When working on websites we often have breakout's with a ton of iterations for single pages/tools in pages.

Currently I just put all the iterations in the same XD file, but the file is now huge and takes several minutes to open.

It would be extremely useful to take the an artboard and make a whole new document from the selected artboard. There doesn't need to be any linking between artboards, simply taking that single artboard and creating a new document with the same color palette and objects.

A workaround is copying all the artboard contents and pasting into a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Too much mouse use

You should consider ways of minimizing the use of the mouse.
    I work with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop all day long, I´ve never had problems with either hand or shoulder before starting to use Adobe XD.

Manually resizing artboards is a pain. Fit to selection would help.

Zooming is a pain. Smart zoom would help. (Zoom where the mouse pointer is, or where selection is.) I constantly have to reposition.

Finding a page is a pain. Jump to page, search page og something like that would help.

Selecting all on artboard can only be done by manual selection. Select all…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add app shortcuts and recent files to Windows jumplist

I would love for XD to support in the next update a jumplist, for us to easily access of recent files, pinned files on the jumplist, UI kits and some few app shortcuts for easy access/launch on them, both if we pin XD to our Windows taskbar, and to it's tile

Here's the concept I made. I put some time into it. I hope you see this and consider this. I'm very certain the jump list support is just a small work to implement, I know it. Please do it on next update, most CC apps already have this. i…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Leverage Surface Book additional GPU for rendering

The Surface Book has an additional GPU in the keyboard to accelerate apps like the ones part of Adobe Creative Cloud.

This helps a lot when doing rendering work that the tablet's Intel default GPU handles but not gracefully.

Would be great if XD could handle that same way as Photoshop etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Disable trackpad/magicmouse touch movement

I just started using Adobe XD instead of *other UX system* and I like it a lot but there were hundreds of times when I almost broke my mouse because of this nasty, frustrating mouse gestures turned on. There should be no such thing as option to move the screen only by the touch gestures in SUCH precise app. No other Adobe app has this feature turned on and it's absolutely ok to move the screen only when holding the space bar (Hand). It's natural. By doing it your way (mouse/trackpad gestures) you can easily reposition the elements by few…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Don't expire XD every few months

I already had a bad enough experience with Adobe Scout (which also expires after a set period). This thing smells like Fireworks. Make it act like that -- as a perpetual program that runs like Photoshop or Animate or whatever.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to change the default preview segue when using keyboard arrows

Looks like when previewing using the keyboard arrows, the segue used is Slide Left. It would be nice if it respected the segue setup in Prototype.

If that is not possible, it would be nice to allow user to change the global segue to something else.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Save most recently used custom dimensions in the Start screen

1a. This is two requests for a single workflow: when creating a new file after already working out of an existing file, the new screen prompted is a blank project file without artboards. To follow suite with PS/AI, ideally – being reprompted at the welcome screen to pick a new artboard to work from would be very beneficial.

1b. Within the welcome screen, if the user is likely creating a custom size artboard, it would also be very convenient if the user was provided the dropdown option to see recent custom sizes to choose from (the other three default options…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Heads up that we now support the welcome screen popping up when you press Cmd+N. I’m editing this suggestion to be about saving the most recent custom size.

-Elaine

20. Refresh button to reload file

1. There should exist a "refresh file" button to reload the local file instead of re-opening the application.

2. I needed this feature to reduce the burden of reopening application whenever I made a change to the file in the dropbox sync from another PC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base