Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

158 results found

1. When you clean up the components. In case a component is inside a hover state for example and I check highlight on canvas it won't show it and you might accidentally delete it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I would love to be able to use auto-animated elements in my Premier Pro videos. It's much simpler than animating in premier and it could be so quick.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It will be great if I can mark Component Master as exportable to export all Component Instances. If I have a button which I used many times I'd like to make them all (and all new instances) exportable at once.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Looking to implement a design system organization-wide. It would be nice to be able to access assets created in XD in other Adobe applications (InDesign). For example, incorporating into an InDesign Library, all the assets from the "master" XD design system (buttons, logos, sliders, etc.)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hi, one of programmers at my work had a problem with clip path ID in SVG files that was exported from XD because each of them didn't have unique clip path ID. Whereas exporting from Illustrator had an option of giving clip path ID a unique ID. Can it be also implemented in XD?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Now code of exporting SVG files starts like this:
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="32." height="32" viewBox="0 0 32.000 32.000">...

Please add line "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>" befor <svg xmlns=...>
    Because lack of this string made issue with embedding SVG in content

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Developers use educated guess work when it comes to making animations based on designs.

Just like normal design specs, we need animation specs to be able to hand off design that contain motion and transition information. a way to clarify animation and eliminate guess work for developers.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When we share a design made for iOS to developers, it could be great to have the option to select the appropriate color as NSColor and UIColor as well as Hex RGB etc :) It will be more convenient for developers to have access to UIColor/NSColor right from their dev design specs ;)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When exporting Android assets, I'd like to see an option to "include dpi in asset name".

iOS assets add the @1x, @2x, @3x to the icon names, which I find useful. I would like to have the same option for Android, where mdpi, hdpi, xhdpi, etc. is added to each asset and see them all in one folder.

I export a large amount of assets every week and this could really speed up our process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I work with developers, and we found a little problem during the export of assets for android : The folder where are exported the assets are named "drawable-hdpi" … or now, I don't know exactly from when, the folder to make an app is called "mipmap-hdi" …

It depends on actually of some projects (sometimes you can still use drawable and sometimes not), but it will be a good idea to add a function to choose the name of folders :)

Can you fix it for another update? Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When I export assets from xd, it generally takes more space. And I can't directly import files from xd to photoshop, so first I have to import into illustrator and then to photoshop and then I can use save for web to optimize my assets.
    So please incorporate a feature so that I can directly export assets from xd with compression.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Similar to how Sketch does it: when I mark something for export, give me a way to put the export settings at that level so it REMEMBERS and I don't have to pick which file type and compression percentage EVERY TIME.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the ability to control the entire document export of assets and/or instead of defaulting to "mark for export" leave the checkbox empty.

Please STOP making decisions for us and let us choose how we want to use XD (The same goes for saving everything in the cloud by default).

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When exporting an artboard(s) to a image file(s) (PNG, JPG etc) it would be nice to have the option to clip the image at the vertical scroll indicator.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I have noticed that assets that I have selected to be uploaded to my developer prototype only seems to include assets that are visible on the art board. It would be good if the developers had access to all the assets I have selected for upload in the asset panel regardless to whether they are visible on the art board or not.

I turn visibility off for some of my icons as they change in different states and it is easier to keep them layered but the ones I'm not currently using tuned off (flash on/off/auto for example)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I have been discussing with colleagues, the ability to save multiple types of file type when ready to export forcdev. In reality, some assets would be SVG, so PNG and some maybe JPG. Currently, if you batch export, you have to save them all as one type of file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When working on a project with a whole lot of Artboards, its nice to have an option to Add a Prefix to the Artboard Name when Exporting.

This will reduce the Name of the Artboard while working, this you you don't see repetitions in the Sidebar too. You will also be able to fit more of the title, when you are linking in Prototype mode.

Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. copy to microsoft powerpoint and word as an image to make a presentation

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Xd is perfect to design experiences and interfaces. But as UX designer i also need to work with Axure.

I realy need a plugin that would allow to exports my designs to Axure so i could build prototypes easily.

Thank you

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add the possibility to export micro-animations directly into .json files from Adobe XD.

The process for creating a micro-animation for native iOS & Android app is a real, real pain in the a**. For now, we need to export the design into After Effect, then animate it (again) to export it with Lottie.

Since Adobe XD can create animations pretty easily with auto-animate, we should be able to export an animation straight into .json file (without using After Effect and Lottie). That feature would let us save a lot of time!

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)