Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cancel publish during upload

By mistake i choose publish proto and update link - how to cancel it? - i have to close the file to cancel an activity.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Multiple owners on a prototype / specification document

I work on a team of designers. We're working on establishing a company-wide style guide. We'd like to be able to have a shared Xd file that we all contribute to separately. Currently we can't all publish to the same link. So one person will have to take ownership of the prototype. It would be beneficial for us to be able to publish our changes into that master file.

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Emoji and Image on Comments

When posting comments on the shared design on the web, I would love to be able to use emoji and images in the comments similar to Slack or Dropbox.

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Please support symbols export in XD Specs share function.

Now Specs support Colors and Character Styles of Assets. Please allow developers to export layer by themselves too~

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow multiple people to share a link to the same URL

Collaborative work: Updating 'share link' of an .xd file not possible on another machine

System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6
            XD-Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta

We are working with different people on the same .xd file. Updating the prototype link is only possible on the machine with wich the .xd file was created. The other people can only create new links.

1. Create an .xd file
            2. Publish prototype
            2. Save the .xd file
            3. Open the same .xd file on another machine
            4. Updating the published prototype link not possible (only creation of new link)

11 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion. This behavior in XD is intentional. Only the user who created a prototype link is able to update that link. The thinking is that the owner for the link may not want others making changes.

At the moment, the only way for multiple people to update a prototype at the same URL is to be logged in with the same Creative Cloud account. We are however discussing adding the ability to specify more than one owner for a prototype – and we could then allow all owners to update the prototype link. It sounds like this is what you were expecting and the behavior you would like to see, is that correct?

• Exit full screen mode on shared prototypes

When prototypes are shared online they look best in full screen mode, however there is no way to exit full screen mode except using the .esc key which isn't intuitive to clients. So many of them just close the browser and start again, or just give up.

Can you please add a button to exit full screen mode.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Can't publish prototypes that don't contain interaction?

I just updated my XD to 2.0 (2.0.32.10). I'm using a mid-15 MBPr. I just realized this morning when I tried to get a sharing link of the prototype for my colleague that XD now does not allow me to generate a sharing link because the home artboard doesn't contain any interaction.
                Somehow I can understand the design logic behind this, but still there's something that doesn't add up. If XD are preventing prototypes that contain no interaction to be published and get their sharing links, then what's the Previous Page / Next Page buttons being in the online preview…

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ability to hide Artboard while Publishing

Ability to tag/hide certain artboards so that when we Publish the Prototype those remains hidden from the user view. If I've 35 artboards out of which 5 are still work in progress, while publishing the prototype all 35 gets published and user will be able to navigate to those 5 unfinished ones. If XD allows me to tag those 5 artboards so that they remain hidden after I publish the prototype and the end user only sees 30 artboards then it would be great.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Activity stream in shared files

I'd like to see an overview of all the activities and comments on all of the pages within a document that is shared. Otherwise there's quite a good possibility of missing some.

Something like Invision has would be great:
                    https://support.invisionapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000633426-Activity-Stream

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Export "Share Online" Markups as Annotated PDF

The agency I work for is very particular about archiving internal and external markups. It would be great to have an option to export the "Share Online" markups into an annotated PDF for archiving.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Reorder Comments

Comments are great and I always use them. I find myself wanting to reorder comments so my 5th comment (for example) can be placed at the top as my 1st comment.

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Separate share online options for Design vs Prototype Mode

With the current share online options, while you are in design mode, you can share online, and see all artboards for comparison. However once you move into prototyping mode and link up a few of the artboards and refresh your online share, only the artboards that are connected through links are accessible.

It would be great to have the option in design mode to share all or even better, a selection of artboards for UI comparison. And a seperate set of options for Prototype mode share online (inclusive of a toggle for turn off all transition effects - in some…

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Inform viewers of updates to the screens

I'd like to suggest to have a notification somewhere to inform the viewers that the prototype has been updated so that the current viewers could refresh the page. If a developer is looking at it, he wouldnt realise that there were changes made to the screen as there is no indicator of new changes. So every time I shared my prototype again, I had to inform the team (through slack or trello) that I've made some updates so that they could refresh the page to look at changes made to the screens.

I don't want it interrupt ongoing presentations or…

4 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Control whether artboard navigation arrows are visible in prototype or not

Currently, shared prototypes on the web show navigation controls at the bottom sometimes, but not always. Specifically, nav controls are only visible if (a) the commenting sidebar is open, or (b) all the time, _if_ the prototype has no clickable hotspots (interaction wires).

As the author of the prototype, I'd like to be able to make the nav controls visible all the time -- even if I do have interactions defined.

There may also be use cases where you want the arrows hidden even when a user is leaving comments.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• File Preview and Prototype directly in Creative Cloud Web Interface

Currently the View of a XD file in the Webinterface inside Creative Cloud is pretty bare.

It would be great, to add a rich preview of the file like the on Photoshop or Illustrator Files. This could be split up into different sections like full file Preview, the Prototype view and a view for Developers to extract measures and assets.

This way you automatically get access control to the prototype.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Share Again – don’t copy URL on Saved-As

I often ‘save as’ my app, and rebrand it for a different client. Despite renaming the saved-as file, if I SHARE AGAIN, it will remember the old URL – and sometimes I’m tired enough to accidentally over-write the file. This would be disastrous with clients! Please forget the URL of a saved-as file.

3 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Shorten link

The link is rather long. I usually run my link through bit.ly to prevent long links.

Shorter links would be great when sharing prototypes with clients.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Revert to old link after creating a new link

Hi! I just accidentially created a new link for a project when I intended to update the link. I can not find a way to revert to the old link. This is important in this scenario because we had notes to/from the client in the old link that we now are copy/pasting into the new link, but it would be ideal to simply revert and delete the accidental new link. Thanks for considering this!

9 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Assets artboard should get created automatically

While sharing the screens to developers on the web. Assets artboard having all the icons/images should get created automatically when all the interactions / screens are done ... and icons/images are marked as assets. This way not only developers can see all the assets at one go but also can download them instantly instead of going to multiple pages and downloading assets separately. It will make designers life easy as well.

19 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Display the "Update link" button as a primary action

Version : 0.8.22.17 Beta, CS 2.4.2.61

Click the share button in the top right corner and select "Share again".

The "Update link" and "New link" buttons look exactly the same. Several times I have come to press the wrong button. In 100% of the cases, I want to update the existing link. I would therefore argue that it makes sense to emphasize this as a primary action.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base