Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

104 results found

1. Build in email design and prototyping features. XD already shines in its ability to quickly layout a single email design or campaign, but it really isn't designed to build emails. Yes, emails can already be built quickly and handed off to developers using XD. But, if XD would incorporate a few features geared to emails it would be a great and welcome asset. Features like; templated documents for common email sizes. Maybe templated headers for To:, From:, and Subject:. Maybe UI kits with email header elements.

I'm sure others can contribute more specific feature suggestions.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. When can we expect the XD and Figma integration into one single application?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow user to view (even if they can't edit) a cloud document saved with a newer version of XD than the accessing user is running.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. The current file browser is far too small, it's difficult to browse and differentiate from my files as I tend to put the client name at the start of the file name. Please make the window bigger or allow us to resize it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. My primary email for my Adobe ID is my personal email (personal@email.com), but I'm a contractor with a temporary company email, which I've set as my secondary email (work@company.com). The designers I'm collaborating with are sending me the invitations to my secondary (company) email, but I get a message saying "I don't have permission to open this file". It would be great if I could use my secondary email as well for co-editing, because as a contractor, I won't be needing access to those files once my work is done and my work email has been…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. I have a personal Adobe account and access to a company Adobe account. However, I only have one computer, and I do not plan on buying a second mac just to facilitate 2 Adobe accounts.

This leaves me with following problem: I have to sign in/out all the time to view my different projects. This is extremely inconvenient and wastes time unnecessarily.

Please let users be signed in to multiple accounts simultaneously, so that work flow isn't constantly disrupted.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Every time I go to open a new file, it takes 3 clicks. One click to maximize the tiny (minified) 'Open' file pane to fill the whole window (even if I did this last time I opened a file). One click to switch to Cloud Documents (because I can't change to list view in the 'Recent' tab, so I cannot see the full file names and do not know if I am selecting the correct file.) And the third click is to actually open the file.

Now, I don't know about other users, but I open and close my XD…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I use AdobeXD to design my (one page) CV. Everytime I update something, I need to create a new PDF, since you can't use SVG or PNG when applying somewhere (they most likely print it out for the personal interview).

So this limits me to 2 changes in the free version which I do not see as fair. Please make it unlimited again, thanks.

PS: With a bit of a workaround it is possible to convert SVG to PNG anyway, it is just totally unnecessary IMHO.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hi,
    thanks for constantly improving xd, we love it!
    Here's another feature request: It would be great to have the ability to zoom xd's user interface. i reccently switched to a 4K Monitor and its really hard to read the texts and recognize elements on the left and right-sided UI-panels.

Thanks and keep up your great work!
    Best
    /jochen

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The 2 save - save and save local are awful. Let me set my preference and be done with it or just give me one save and let me choose.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. my local drive is filled with the cache of previously opened cloud documents. why is the cache not cleared automatically?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  12. Whether we create an animation in XD we perhaps might wish to refine in AE, or work in AE to make an animation(s) for XD, I would like to be able to round-trip that within the Adobe ecosystem. Bonus points if we can make micro-interactions or IFTTT types of interactivity, which would activate the branching JSON file animations; perhaps connected as nodes. Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to see a feature, much like in InDesign, where you can toggle the display performance settings for the art boards in file.

My company tends to keep a lot of screens and components in master files and working in those can become tedious due to CPU drag. It'd be great to be able to downgrade the display performance to more quickly navigate the file.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Plugin to help me choose the right type scale for my project. Experiment with font size, scale and different web fonts.
    Like this website: https://type-scale.com/

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Let's say your design system has variants for it's components, for instance small or regular button.
    It would be nice to be able to add multiple variants to the DSP components, so the developer can choose the right option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It's interest to control where the components are used and consider the impacts when they need to be modified.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I wish XD would follow Invision's lead in providing analytics about how many prototypes we have, how often they're being updated, how many comments they have, how many collaborators there are, who is creating prototypes, how many screens are in each prototype, when they were last updated, etc.

I've attached a screenshot to show how DOMO is using the prototype analytics data they are receiving from Invision.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Minor request - I am mocking up a lot of desktop prototypes and recording user journeys using adobe XD screen record to send to stakeholders.

I find the pointer device is too big for previewing desktop designs and I have to explain to stakeholders this is not how it would appear in desktop browser.

I understand that on mobile a representation of a fingertip is best - would be good to be able to change or adjust this for better presentation of screen recordings.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide a menu named Assets at Home page, just under Add-ons.

So we can manage assets for global useage.

Assets can be listed as global assets and specific projects assets.

I made a rough design for this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Is XD going to have capability with MacOS 10.15 Catalina’s new SideCar feature? Apple announced that Select apps such as Illustrator would have support, but I’m not sure if XD will have support.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)