Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

15 results found

1. We're a team of designers and developers and I'm using XD as it's super speedy, works across platforms, and the prototyping performs really damn well.

One of the major frustrations is how long it takes to open documents on the XD iPad app.

I'm working in a 23MB XD file, and opening it on an iPad (the version released in 2017) easily takes 3-4 minutes. We have 6 iPads and a few iPhones, and it's the same on all of them.

I'm not sure if it's your servers, or if it's the app, but this performance is unbelievably slow. The…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I can't login to xd app at all and it shows me this attached message, please tell me how to solve this problem by mail، thanks all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I designed a wireframe using variations of SF Pro and SF Pro Text per Apple design recommendations but when I go to test the app using XD for iOS I just get squares with question marks in it. The only way around is to only use SF Pro Regular, which means I lose my different weights. This extends to my use of SF Symbols.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I'm using SF Pro fonts. When I'm previewing on iOS, there is different character spacing between iOS and what's on the computer.
    Iphone Xr: 13.4.1
    Xd: 29.0

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Feature request of @3x export from iPhone option. I need to export assets @3x for iPhone 11 Pro Max retina display.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Since the recent update, the iOS app has a considerable amount of lag with tap actions. Drag actions seem immediate, still, but any tap actions have some wait time (~1s), which makes the local live-preview feel sluggish and less responsive compared to previous versions. The live preview simulation on desktop, however, does not display this lag.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. After XD 24, when you want to view Sketch or PSD files live on mobile device with USB wire, the fonts are not recognized despite the fact that it is wired. When you change font into another then return to the original the problem goes off. Big bug. Thank you... Missing fonts returned with wire. Please help...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I am having an issue where XD is not detecting my iPhone that is connected to my Mac via USB. The phone is charging and iTunes is picking it up as connected. When I click on the "Device Preview" it just gives me the prompt:

"Connect iOS or Android devices to XD via USV to preview your designs and prototypes in real-time".

Yes, I have XD running on my phone. When I tap the "Live Preview" button, it doesn't read as being connected to XD, giving me the prompt:

"Open an XD document on your desktop. Using a USB cable,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I have designed my artboard for iPhone Xr, plug-in the Xr Phone to see live preview using adobe XD app (v 22.1.1) but it doesn't fill the screen. Any reasons?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When I use the prototype in the iOS app, it fails to show commonly used fonts like Montserrat or SFPro(?) it has no sense that fails to show when the iPhone Uses that fonts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Save the prototype cell phone screen as if it were really an app and share it with anyone you want. Marvel has this option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. iOS GUI is seamless, intuitive Stable . When/will this option surface?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently, the only way to get a prototype on a device is to have the file located in a creative cloud folder... which total bonk.

I dont WANT to use that service, I have 2 other cloud storage services already, and i hate both of them. I want to be able to store files locally on the device and be able to delete them. I also want to be able to sync (upload/refresh) a file from anywhere on my machine, which means I need to map to it from the app.

Rather than change or duplicate my current workflow to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. While some of these needs have been posted individually, I am posting a summary of needed functions. These missing functions get in the way every few moments...

• Keyboard shortcut for eyedropper

• Ability to create a symbol, where text can be changed

• Ability to create a symbol that carries multiple states
    To explain, a navigation item that may have 3 states. You drag the symbol to the canvas, then select the state.

• Ability to LINK symbols. So every time the canvas shows a navigation item, you do not have to always relink it. Every new screen requires…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file one item per suggestion – it allows for others to upvote and helps us aggregate the feedback. All of the requests you have here are already filed, so you can just click on them and upvote:

-Elaine

15. I've been using XD for a while now and have been very satisfied with the beta version, although there are 3 top features that would substantially improve the application:

1. Add the ability to pin certain objects to keep them from scrolling with the entire screen. For example, a navigation bar (header) or tab bar (footer) becomes static and does not scroll with the rest of the elements on the screen.

2. Add a few application preferences, i.e.: default font (would be a huge time saver to not have to change to the desired font every time new text elements are added).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file each idea separately, so that people can better upvote (and we can better merge). That being said, most of what you’re interested in has already been filed, so you can simply upvote and add your thoughts.

Hope that helps!

-Elaine