Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

14 results found

1. I want you to continue on the path of leaving layers out of XD. Layers are NOT needed. You've already proved they have no solid use cases in UX design to me and everyone I work with. We've totally adopted your product into our workflow already and layers would add unnecessary complication to the workflow. Keep it simple! Great work by the way!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Based on a long research, we are building Layers to support some use cases, such as symbols, exporting and organizing complex compositions. We will do this via a concept called Local Layers. If you don’t want them at all, you will be able to hide the layers panel and they won’t bother you. Thanks for the sincere feedback.

2. Now all my color sets I've made in the system color picker for using in many other different apps are unavailable in Adobe XD. That was not very good idea. Additional little button to call the system color picker within the standard color picker panel would be appreciated.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Look at illustrator, look at photoshop, look at sketch.

We're missing the most basic of features at the moment, some of which adobe has built in the past.

• Aligning to section, canvas or document
    • Right click context menu
    • Keyboard shortcuts that make sense
    • Snapping
    • Rulers

Designers like to be precise with measuring, something which at the moment, is not an easy task.

Also, being unitless, what does '7' mean on a rounded corner? This ambiguity when going from design to code is something that could be addressed

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a collection of feature requests, not a single feature request. (will close it for now, feel free to submit individual requests).

We are constantly talking to customers who use different tools and learning from it. But we are also spending a lot of energy thinking what tools are necessary, if they fit and if we can create something new that makes sense and improves your life as a designer. Stay tuned for more and more updates in our monthly releases.

Some updates:

- Aligning to section, canvas or document (feature-in-the-backlog)
    - Right click context menu (feature-completed) will be available in the April build
    - Keyboard shortcuts that make sense (feature-in-the-backlog)
    - Snapping (feature-completed) what else do you need for snapping?
    - Rulers (feature-in-the-backlog)

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

4. I like to have a zoom slider next to the magnifying glass when working on desktop.

Especially since i use keyboard and mouse i dont have access to a touch pad at this point – a slider would help me smoothly pan in / out at the zoom levels more seamless than +/- steps as well as percentage steps/custom valuess.

Similar to the zoom level found in Apple Photos app as well as in Finder (if enabled) for thumbnails.

It will add a quick access to smooth/seamless panning in/out of zoom levels for desktop users without a touch pad.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Text underline was recently added to Adobe XD. The current implementation adds a space around descenders. This is not how underline looks in Chrome by default.

In order create website designs that accurately reflect how they will look online, it would be great to have a way to show solid underlines that go straight through descenders, as they do in Chrome.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Not really a feature, but the blurred effect over the screen on zoom out control is unnecessary (and not that great to look at).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We currently do this for performance reasons instead of waiting for everything to process before displaying to you. Our proposal is that the performance of XD is more important than displaying everything perfectly rendered at all times. While we would love to have zoom that is both smooth and perfectly rendered, it’s not possible right now without taking up a ton of your memory or making XD super slow when zooming out.

Hope that explains why we do it!

-Elaine

7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. As per Illustrator/InDesign/Photoshop/Premiere/After Effects, it would be handy to be able to reveal links in Finder, as while linked files show up in the assets panel, there's no way to go directly to that file in Finder/Explorer.

All it needs is a simple 'Reveal in Finder/Explorer' option when right clicking on a linked asset.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I choose a blue, then change the transparency to 50%; that is no longer blue, it is now a very very very light blue; I would like to see the value of that; otherwise there's no point in using XD to create color palettes, as I can't document the value other the saying something like " #245D97 @ 50% transparency"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feature request. Unfortunately, transparency is a critical part of ensuring that developers understand what should be opaque vs. transparent. If you’d like to copy the actual value without transparency, you can draw a new object and use the eyedropper to sample your completed color to get an opaque version of it for your color palette.

11. The Artboard width and height has Physical width and height of mobile phones. Shouldn't be the resolution of the phone. While exporting the screens in png and viewing it in phones. The resolution is small. Because the physical size of the phone and resolution of the phone differs. Just a small thought

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for inquiring! Unfortunately, this is not how mobile phone OSes (or developing for mobile OSes) work. Often, these devices have what’s called a virtual pixel or a virtual point. A great explanation of this is in the Apple HIG guideline.

XD actually supports this quite well through its export workflow. You can read more about this here: https://medium.com/thinking-design/protip-exporting-assets-in-adobe-xd-c586996de703

Hope that helps!

12. 古いXDファイルも開けるようにしてほしいです

古いXDファイルも開けるようにしてほしいです。
    新しく追加したskecthファイルなら開けるのですが、あらかじめDLしていたsketchのUIキットなどは開けません。(フォトショは開けました。)

アップデートお待ちしております

I'd like you to be able to open old XD files as well.
    You can open it if you add a newly added skecth file, but you can not open the sketch UI kit etc which you had previously done DL. (I opened the photo shop.)

We are waiting for updates

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ご意見ありがとうございます! 残念ながら、SketchはSketch 43までファイル形式を開かなかったので、古いファイルを開く方法はありません。

このメッセージは機械翻訳されました。

Thank you for your feedback! Unfortunately, Sketch did not open its file format until Sketch 43, so there is no way for us to open older files.

13. While I appreciate what is happening with the development of XD - MOST of the design features being requested already exist in Indesign - Surely the Techs can modify Indesign so that it behaves like XD is meant to. It will be far easier to shift thousands of Indesign learned users to an 'Indesign XD' forat than to try and learn a new application that so far doesn't even come close to the abilities of Indesign. Does adobe have a clear idea who they're designing this for? Because as far as Im concerned this is the future of what a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We’re designing XD for screen designers, and leveraging a tool like InDesign (while an excellent tool), is kind of like cutting an orange with a katana – they’re different tools for different purposes. While there are things in InDesign that make perfect sense for print, they don’t make sense for screen design, and we wanted to build a new tool to meet the specific needs of those designers.

You’re more than welcome to hit up the InDesign forums and suggest they add prototyping features to the product, but I think they’d have the same perspective: different users, different products.

-Elaine

14. This is just a minor improvement but useful:
    I'd like that, when I duplicate an existing artboard, the new one appears right below the duplicated one in the artboard list (and not at the top every time). Currently its a bit annoying having to always drag it down to either the end of the list or below the one I just duplicated.
    I consider that this is a more common use case and more intuitive than always adding it on the top.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)