Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. It would be nice to group and title artboards so that it is easier to understand artboard collections

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Ditch the shared links and create a handover library as e.g. Zeplin but within Adobe XD. From there,you can choose what artboards or sections to share.

I am tired of sharing all artboards when I only need to share a few. The Flow1, Flow2 functionality is terrible. You end up with a cluster of links in the end and stakeholders get confused.

Come on Adobe!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When I select "highlight on canvas" for a component, the "0 instances found" overlay should always restart its "slide in" animation, to confirm that it was triggered by the most recent asset selected.

Right now, if the "0 instances found" bar is already on screen, and I select "highlight on canvas" for a different asset with no instances, there's no visible change indicating that XD has correctly interpreted my action and is showing me information for the second asset.

(This could also be helped by reducing the amount of time that the 0-assets found overlay bar lingers...right now it sticks…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  4. Description of the feature
    Allow me to mark all comments as read, or dismiss all notifications of comments on Adobe XD online.

Why this is valuable to you
    I have to go through lots of feedback, and it would be really helpful if the notifications would get marked as read when I read the comment in the app. In addition, marking all of the notifications as read allows me to clear up the space a lot faster rather than having to manually click all of the notifications. One last thing - it's slow to mark everything as read because the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I deleted all my wires and was surprised to discover none of the hover changes I had put in in design mode were all gone. I had to go back and fix each one which took hours. Why not have a dialog pop up that asks if you want to keep the hovers and just remove the wires that were added manually?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to set up guides from the edge of the work area/application frame instead of only the artboard work area

Ability to set up guides from the edge of the work area/application frame instead of only the artboard work area.format. This is how guides/rulers work in all other Adobe apps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Something I used to use in Axure constantly was the ability to show and hide elements on a single screen. It would open up lots of possibilities, add tons of flexibility, and reduce the number of artboards needed if in XD we could trigger actions to either show or hide one or more components on an artboard. It would be even more amazing if when choosing the show component action, you could also set the component's state.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I am the Director of User Experience for several large companies. I make an interactive prototypes for them. These companies are doing mostly Web, AR and VR applications for global audiences. That being said almost all of the applications are made with 3d animations. The limit of 20 mp4s per document will not allow XD to be used for designing this type of software because the transitions from any point in the application need to me animated footage for a seamless experience. If you want XD to be used by big companies that are designing heavy software applications in AR,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would love to see some sort of visual association with text boxes with design system character styles applied to them.

Currently, there is no way to know if a block of text has a style applied.

This will help mitigate the risk of missing blocks and having broken associations to the library when trying to update character styles on multiple mock-ups.

Could be as simple as adding a blue diamond instead of the green used for components.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I always use the same basic guides in my designs (for distance from the edge of the screen) and i have to maually add those to all screens.
    While they can be copy-pasted with the entire screen, i dont always wanna copy a screen i already designed - for multiple reasons.
    The ability to create fixed guides for a document that can be manually added to would be much apprechiated

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When artboards are grouped under a flow title, clicking and dragging on that flow title allows you to move and arrange all of the artboards associated with it.

If you have multiple flows and they are all linked, it's impossible to move a flow and NOT move any child flows under it.

It would be great if you could hold down the CTRL (Command on Mac) key to break that association temporarily while moving.

See attached image for more clarity.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Title case does not take into account grammatical prepositions, extremely frustrating to have to go through and change ever single one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. showing the image preview would help when dealing with many layers. especially the ones that are set to 0% opacity.
    I would then attach the replace image function to the thumbnail.
    Bonus: add a paste function to the "replace image" feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Figma can export their files to XD WITH all the folders. Everything is perfect.
    Why can't XD do the same when exporting XD to AE? Right now we get massive layers losing folders and all the required organization of elements.

Both products are from the same company. Seems it should be easy. :(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There is a Figma plugin for Google Fonts icons (Material symbols), could we imagine the same thing for XD ?
    https://fonts.google.com/icons
    https://www.figma.com/community/plugin/1088610476491668236

Regards

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  16. I'd like a cycle state to be added. It would be similar to toggle state but it would have multiple states. For instance, a filter button. press once filter sort ascending arrow pointing down highlighted. press again another such descending arrow point up highlighted.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Although component instances are differentiated by a different diamond icon, I still find myself accidentally modifying instances when I mean to modify the main component.

It would be useful to more clearly differentiate component instances by using a different border color so it's more obvious that I'm looking at an instance rather than the main component.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The components in my library are structured in subgroups.

Example:
    - icons
    -- navigation
    --- up
    --- down
    -- sort
    --- up
    --- down

When you use a component from the library, the component is imported as linked component. Those linked components are imported completely out of context of the original group structure:
    - up
    - down
    - up
    - down
    I can no longer see that the "up" component came from "icons / navigation" or from "icons / sort".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Requesting: Screen mode

Indesign has several screen modes for design. This feature should be brought to XD. It would be nice to see margins and preview mode with the "w" shortcut.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'm not sure why this stuff started showing up - but it's irritating to have your recent files cluttered up with stuff that is completely irrelevant, not created by me and is not recent. When looking to open a file (and get work done quickly) I don't want to have to sort through a bunch of Adobe junk to do it. I'm sure tarting templates are nice for people who are starting out and are designing solutions like those presented but is just noise for people are not. please move this stuff to some other area of the applications like…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →