Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wrong font weight on iOS device preview

When I preview my designs on my iPhone X, it always shows a very thin font weight. This makes it very difficult to design with Adobe XD. When I preview on the computer, it displays correctly but this isn't nearly as helpful to look at. The font I'm using is a Google font called IBM Plex Sans. I have confirmed it's displaying the correct font but the weight is wrong. Please help!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-investigation-in-progress  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Font spacing problem between Mac and Windows

A space between font and element is shown different for Mac and Windows. See attachment for better understanding.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The size of canvas(body) depends on high of browser.

The size of canvas(body) depends on high of browser. The body should be full screen sized but its have only half of real size.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/isli4kispsp22eu/23.wmv?dl=0
    windows 10
    chrome

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

The video linked shows content being resized to fit based on browser window size. This is working as designed.

FWIW, overlays are static and will not move based on scroll position.

Is it possible that what you’re seeing is working as expected but not as you’d like it to?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

4. Firefox: links in broswer view are shifted when artboard is to long.

Version of Adobe XD: 13.1.32.8

Steps to reproduce the issues:
    - Create two artboards
    - Make the first artboard at least 5000px tall and add an element to it
    - Link the entire artboard to the other artboard
    - Save, then publish a prototype
    - Open the link in Firefox
    - Hover around the first artboard and you will find that the right side and bottom of the artboard is not linked (no pointer cursor).

If the artboard is around 3400px tall or shorter the link does not shift. It seems that as soon as the artboard goes taller than…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings Colin:

Thanks for the detailed steps + XD file!

I did some looking and here’s what I found. On the prototype you share, I am able to reproduce the problem you state. When opening the file in XD, I noticed that you had vertical scrolling enabled on both artboards. On the home artboard viewport was set to the height of the artboard (5000). I changed that to be 1080 and now when looking at the published prototype the bottom right shows that it has a link to another artboard. However, I do notice that along the right edge there’s a buffer where it doesn’t trigger the hand pointing cursor. https://xd.adobe.com/view/48fba056-d3c5-41bd-622d-907681ca931a-3eca/ (added a shape at the bottom right for visual reference).

Looking into it more but hope the above helps in case you’re working with taller than 3400px artboards.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

5. XD not displaying web images after project reopen

When you are drag & drop images into the project from the net, and save the project, next time XD not always show every image. If you replace the missing images (from web), and save it, it sometimes remembers the replaced images, sometimes it's not. And XD not even let know if something is missing, just ignores everything. At least nice to have some kind of missing asset or something. Right now the only workaround for this issue is if you save every image you want to use, and drag & drop it from HDD.

It's relevant to me because…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Entering line spacing value changes opacity too

Adobe XD 13.0.12.14

on Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)

Frequently when I attempt to change line spacing value via the number pad the app will also set the same value for opacity.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. XD keeps crashing after October 2018 Update

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
    Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Graphics Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB
    Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

After using XD every half an hour to 1 hour or so, the program becomes unresponsive. And eventually having to force quit the software or restart my computer again and again.

According to my activity monitor, XD takes up the most memory at 5GB.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Error 44 when trying to update published Design Spec

FIX THIS! I know you're aware of it, I've read what to do about mitigating it and nothing you suggest works. Your software is broken so stop screwing around and fix it, because you are costing all of us that took a chance with you time and money.

And by the way, the fact that you haven't fixed this in months has convinced me that XD is going to end up bloated garbage like the rest of CC is now, so I will be doing all future projects with Sketch or Invision studio, because they fix their bugs in a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [Windows 10] Cannot rename artboards

1. XD ver. 13.0.12.14
    2. Double-click to rename artboards or right click on artboards layer -> Rename
    3. The selected old name can be typed
    4. Stuck for a while

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello – If you could provide the details previously requested, we can dig into what might be going on.

The issue as reported sounds like a graphic card driver problem. Have seen it in past versions and verifying the video card features meet XD systems requirements + updating the driver resolve. Can you give that a go?

Thanks!
    Nina

10. Long Press for menu not working

I just upgraded XD V13 on iOS and the long press for menus no longer works. Long press brings up a dialogue "No Microphone Access....." How can I access the menu now?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  7 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. shared prototypes not visible

Please refer to the attached video.

one of the stakeholders reported she couldn't see the new prototype at assets.adobe.com. I shared it with her. We found out, they appear when toggling to the listview and back, or when resizing the browser window.

After a browser refresh, the same behaviour occurs. Only one prototype is visible, the others appear after resize or toggle list / grid view.

Is this a known issue?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Publish Prototype Blank

I export publish prototype and blank. Design spec is good.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. prototype

Prototype dosen't load propaly or dosen't load at all after last update.

After the last update of xD I have been unable to share prototypes with my clients. After I generate the link, the following problems occur:
    1. The homepage design doesn’t show at all in Google Chrome (69.0.3497.100) After preloader, the animation doesn’t load anything, but if one of the arrows is pressed, it shows other pages.
    2. Sometimes only some of the elements appear, but not all elements included in the design in Google Chrome (69.0.3497.100) and Mozilla FireFox (62.0.2)
    3. It takes a long time to load…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello George:

Thanks bunches for the detailed report. I think what you’re seeing is something that came up in Chrome that is fixed in their next release (70). Our team is also working on updating our web player to better handle this scenario in case there’s issues with the browser in the future.

Not sure what’s going on in the Firefox case – I’ve got FF 62 on Mac and its loading great for me. I’ll give it a try and update.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

14. [Windows 10] Adobe XD closes itself when Windows go to sleep

Version of Adobe XD: 12.0.12.10 (Starter)
    Steps to reproduce the issues:
    1. Open Adobe XD on Windows 10 machine
    2. Leave the machine until it sleeps for certain amount of time, which I'm not sure how long
    3. Wake Windows up and Adobe XD magically disappears from the taskbar
    4. Attempt to re-open Adobe XD will result in fresh session which previous work is not resumed.
    Expected result: Able to resume Adobe XD work after a moderately long sleep of Windows 10 machine.
    Actual result: Adobe XD closes itself after a moderately long sleep of Windows 10 machine, attempt to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Gradient direction is different when saved into assets panel

When I'm trying to use a gradient from my assets it works, but not in the direction I saved it in.

1. Created gradient on shape
    2. Added gradient to assets (the preview in the assets shows how I saved it, in the correct way)
    3. Applying this gradient works, but the direction is from top to bottom instead of left to right.

Feel free to ask for more information! Added a image, right button is how it is applyed while it should apply like the left button.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. unselectable layers under blocked layer

When I block a layer (A) that cover a layer (B) the layer (B) is not selectable.
    this is a problem for designers from photoshop ,it use a different more logical behavior. In PS when i block a layer (A) a can't do nothing to it but i can easly select everything is "behind". In XD the only solution is move the Layer (A) and it is not a good UX for a Ux software :-D

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. XD pastes last copied thing from XD and not other applications

Adobe XD 11 (August 2018)
    Macbook Pro 15" 2017 - Mac OS High Sierra

Sometimes when I copy from illustrator and paste to XD, it will paste the last thing i copied from XD itself. However if i go back to illustrator and past, it will paste what it copied from illustrator.

I know this is an Adobe XD issue because I encounter the same issues sometimes trying to copy images from web.

Closing XD and opening it again, does solve the issue.
    but this bug has been here since I believe June release

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Unable to Publish when on VPN

Trying to publish when on my office vpn results in "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." Publishing when not on a vpn works just fine. This is a major roadblock for remote workers required to operate via vpn.

There have been a few other bugs like this opened. Adobe's response always seems to be 'working as designed' with not much explanation. The closest we've come is https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/33072070-cannot-publish-prototype-service-is-temporarily-u @Nina-Ramos suggested it's the company's vpn blocking access. After working with our IT department and following Nina's suggestion, we've confirmed that the following are not blocked:
    - Communication over port…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Configure Charles
    1. Launch the Charles app
    2. Enable SSL Proxying for the endpoints used by XD
    3. Go to Proxy → SSL Proxying Settings…
    4. Click the “Add” button
    5. Add the following hosts (leaving other fields blank):
    - Host: *.adobelogin.com
    - Host: *.adobesc.com
    - Host: *.adobe.io
    - Host: *.amazonaws.com
    6. Set Recording Settings
    - Go to Proxy → Recording Settings…
    - Select the “Include” tab
    - Add the following hosts (leaving other fields blank):
    - Host: *.adobelogin.com
    - Host: *.adobesc.com
    - Host: *.adobe.io
    - Host: *.amazonaws.com
    7. Quit Charles

Publish a prototype from XD
    1. Launch the Charles App
    2. Switch to the Sequence view in Charles
    3. Launch XD and open a design file
    4. Select the Share icon
    5. Select Publish Prototype
    6. Click “Create Public Link”
    7. When the operation completes, return to Charles
    8. Select File → Save Session As…
    9. Provide a file…

19. Latest Release Bugs

1. Shortcuts for saving files and grouping objects don't work when we have many slides in production on a single file.

2. Adobe XD freezes after PC wakes up from sleep. Resumes after 10 secs, Max.

3. Adobe XD Unable to Launch at first start after a fresh reboot. Works perfectly after a slight delay at 2nd time.

4. Exo font when used gets the top of the words cut of during typing, which makes us unable to see what's being written. But displays all of it after finishing writing.

All of the above can be reproduced.

I am using…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Using "Background Blur" slows down Adobe XD

Whenever I use "Background Blur" on an object, the software starts lagging and sometimes it also disables any keyboard actions.

System specs -
    - Windows 10 64-bit
    - 8 GB Ram
    - Intel i3 3rd generation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?