Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Design specs sharing (update & new link) become considerably slow after the update to v.19.0.22.9

Hi, i have a very annoying problem with the latest XD version. Design specs sharing (update & new link) become considerably slow after the update to v.19.0.22.9.

I've tried with a couple different files but the upload is really slow across the board. Please help!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When applying updates to new components nested inside old components, the positioning of the elements inside the new component is broken

I will describe my experience, should be easier to explain :

I have an "old" Adobe XD file, created before the major components update. I have "old" components inside this file.

I have created a new Adobe XD project to use as a component sheet.

I've created new components in the new Adobe XD file. I copied one of them and pasted it inside an old component of the old file.

Back in the new file I've made changes in one of the new components and saved.

Back in the new file, I've updated the imported component and it broke…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Copy paste from Illustrator doesn't work

Copy/paste a shape with an outline and a transparent fill from illustrator to XD doesn't produce anything.

It works if there is a fill or if I expand the appearance.

It seems that the bug exists only with a transparent background.

Mac OS 10.14.3
    XD 18.2.12.2

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  5 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Apostrophe bug with Ubuntu font

I'm having an issue with apostrophes with only one font so far which is Ubuntu font.

I'm not sure if this an actual software problem (it seems to be since it works flawlessly in other softwares such as Photoshop and Illustrator) or a font issue.

The only way I have been able to bypass it is by typing it and immediately press the Escape key to quit editing the text box.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Projects with long art boards are they distorted on design specs.

To reproduce this issue, try with the next cases:

For all define the artboard width to 320 px and add some shapes or text on artboards top.

a) Set artboard height to 2,200 px, update design specs link and enter at 200% zoom.

b) Set artboard height to 3,000 px, update design specs link and enter at 150% zoom.

c) Set artboard height to 4,200 px, update design specs link and enter at 100% zoom.

I share a video of the project where I notice that, but you can reproduce this error on new files easy.

I checked my other…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  3 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. XD Prototype Has Missing Elements

Elements and images are missing from the prototype, in my case it's in the footer. I'm running a mac and checked it on Chrome, Safari, Firefox and on my coworker's Windows computer -- all with the latest OS and software updates. I'm also using the current version of XD (16.0.2.8)

Noticing this for particularly longer artboards. This one happens to be 1680 x 8684.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. svg resize problem

Resizing of the SVG objects by using numeric keybord does not working good. Resizing with mouse is OK - see attached video

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dragging elements off artboard become hidden (intermittently)

Weird issue I noticed happening the other day, and again just now. Some elements stay linked to the artboard they previously occupied even after I've dragged them off. I don't always notice this has happened, until I select an artboard and notice elements surrounding it suddenly appear, then disappear when the artboard is deselected.

1. Version 15.0.12.8

2. Select an element and drag it off an artboard.

3. I expect the element to stay visible; I expect the element to stay visible even though it is not attached to an artboard.

4. Sometimes the selected/dragged element immediately becomes hidden, even…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  6 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please fix: Layout Grid (Columns, Rows, Margins, Gutter)

Hi please can you explain why the following doesn't work?

How is this feature complete?

Off centre grids?

Adding equal margins either side results in the other being changed automatically to the wrong width?

1900px document

I want a 1300px grid with 30px gutter.

1900 - 1300 = 600

600 / 2 = 300

Margin left 300 and then margin right automatically changes to 310?

Grid becomes off centre and 1290???

Huh?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Symbol not updating, push override not working

When I I update the symbol, either from one existing on the artboard and then push override, or dragging a new symbol from the symbol menu list and then changing that one, it doesn't update all of them.

And on top of this, when I push an override (which does not work), my cmd+z no longer works, Adobe XD stops registering changes so EDIT>UNDO is greyed out, and then if I close the document, even though I have made changes (which it's unable to register) it does not prompt me to save the changes.

Huge mess. What is going on?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jess,

Can you please clarify the issue you’re having with push overrides? Only text and images can be overridden in a symbol. If you push overrides, all symbol instances (including the symbol definition) should update with the changes in the symbol instance you’re editing.

Is this not the case for you? Does this behavior happen with all XD files, or just one file in particular?

We’re investigating the undo/redo issue.

Thank you,
    Joe

11. installed plugins missing after updating XD

After updating to the latest version of XD, my installed plugins where gone and I've had to reinstall them again.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. XD 14.0.42.14 - again problem with polish special letters - this time with "ć" and "ł"

1. Adobe XD 14.0.42.14
    2. Again after the newest (December 2018) update, there is a problem with 2 polish special letter during typing into text frame: "ć" (AltGr + "c") and "ł" (AltGr + "l".
    3. Expecting to write "ć" and "ł"
    4. Nothing happens after trying to type those letters.

Adobe! ;) ;) ;) - please ;););) again????? ;););)

Thanks!!!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. It don't work while Line Height changing

The outline of text's layout seems to be fixed ,no matter how I change the Line-height.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adobe XD suddenly keeps freezing after the latest update

XD keeps freezing after the last update. It seems like its trying to save on the background while transforming or moving an object or just about anyhting in XD. And when i quit the program it asks me to save, I agree and poef. Instant result. The freez vanished. The freez seems some sort of buffering or so.. Some mouse options also get stuck and I cant copy, paste or delete things while its freezing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Dennis:

Are you still seeing this problem? If so, it would help me to better understand what’s going with the following info:
    - XD version
    - OS version
    - Creative Cloud userID
    - Enable crash dumps and share the file, https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html

You can post to cloud storage (Dropbox, WeTransfer.com, etc) and email to xduv@adobe.com

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

15. Dissolve transition flickering (blinking) to the top of the page when not supposed to

Scenario:
    - scroll down
    - click a button which is set to "dissolve" and "preserve scroll position"

Expected outcome: smooth (fade out - fade in) transition to the next page

Bug outcome: screen jumps (flickers) to the top of the current page THEN transitions to the next page.

See this example prototype: https://xd.adobe.com/view/c11bbd2e-3158-4636-4dd1-3dadc61e3211-b72a/

I think it's similar (but not the same) to this issue: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/34939726-transitions-between-overlays-blink-the-screen

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Impossible to rotate more than 360 using auto-animate

I'm loving auto-animate, it's a great feature, so powerful but... since we can't give to any object more than 360deg of rotation, it couses an animation problem.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Publish Prototype Blank

I export publish prototype and blank. Design spec is good.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. [Windows 10] Adobe XD closes itself when Windows go to sleep

Version of Adobe XD: 12.0.12.10 (Starter)
    Steps to reproduce the issues:
    1. Open Adobe XD on Windows 10 machine
    2. Leave the machine until it sleeps for certain amount of time, which I'm not sure how long
    3. Wake Windows up and Adobe XD magically disappears from the taskbar
    4. Attempt to re-open Adobe XD will result in fresh session which previous work is not resumed.
    Expected result: Able to resume Adobe XD work after a moderately long sleep of Windows 10 machine.
    Actual result: Adobe XD closes itself after a moderately long sleep of Windows 10 machine, attempt to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Gradient direction is different when saved into assets panel

When I'm trying to use a gradient from my assets it works, but not in the direction I saved it in.

1. Created gradient on shape
    2. Added gradient to assets (the preview in the assets shows how I saved it, in the correct way)
    3. Applying this gradient works, but the direction is from top to bottom instead of left to right.

Feel free to ask for more information! Added a image, right button is how it is applyed while it should apply like the left button.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Line breaks created on Windows not recognising on Mac

I had an XD file created on Windows with text areas including line breaks created by Shift + Enter. Mac is opening this file with no expected breaks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base