Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wacom Pen doesn't work without Mouse Click

1. Version:13.0.12.14 (windows os)
    2. Open Xd , press space bar to activate the hand tool to move the canvas around and I'm unable to. This also happens when I switch from XD to the browser window then back to XD. I am unable to use the pen tool without an initial click of the mouse.
    3. I expect to see the hand tool (once the space bar is down) and to be able to move my canvas without the assistance of the mouse.
    4. Cursor arrow changes color from black to white and I am unable to move my…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save Progress Bar

A simple visual look beside the name of the project would be good to have so that the users would know if XD has accepted the Save Command. Sometimes XD hangs and CRTL + S does not save and so I would have to manually go to the menu and Save it.

Here is a Visual Concept that I made.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greeting Chethan:

Thanks for the video! The expected behavior is for the title bar to only show the term “Edited” when the file changes have not been saved.

What I think might be happening is a different bug where keyboard shortcuts stop working – https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/34689346

The team is actively working on a fix. Be sure to upvote the above linked report to be notified when it’s available.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

3. "Development" sub-menu navigation remains shown and interactive upon closing it

Ver. : 13.0.12.14

Upon opening (top level) side navigation, navigate to and expand "Plugins", and after expanding some of the active plugins and hovering back to top-level navigation, the plugins' menu remains open.

This active hover menu can be removed by clicking any of the options in it, returning XD in starting state.

Interaction showcase:
    http://take.ms/DVF7P

(You can see me managing to reproduce it briefly on 0:05 sec and later at the end where it remains active no matter the hover focus)

PS: I feel like it has something to do with expand-delay which is present when expanding "Development" submenu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Blaze:

Thanks for sharing details and video of your issue. I’m not seeing the same on my end with Win10 RS4 + XD 13. A lot of times these display performance issues are due to incompatible our outdated video card drivers. Can you see if there’s an updated driver for your video card + update?

Cheers!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

4. [Win10] Can't place a image

1. 13.0.12.14
    2. Placing an image to my design
    3. Placing an image in my design on an artboard or in a shape
    4. I can't do that
    5. Below is a GIF with this issue

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Some Fonts Assignments Do Not Transition Between Mac and PC

When I transition from my work Mac and my home PC some fonts (Roboto Condensed and Arial Narrow for example) have slightly different naming conventions, so Adobe XD does not know how to resolve them. That said with the names being so obvious and the fact they're such prominent fonts, it would seem reasonable that Adobe XD should know how to fix them or suggest the fixes. Attached are screenshots showing me repairing Roboto Condensed on my PC after transitioning files over from my Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Design spec, footer still disapear in the latest version

Hi,
    After I download the latest version. OCT 15, 2018. The bug still same. I just sent NIna Ramos my working file via wetransfer.

My system is Mac Book Pro touchbar 15inch, High Sierra 10.13.6

thank you very much!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Design Spec not downloading assets correctly

1. version 12.0.12.10

2. When trying to download the asset as an svg directly from the design spec link, the asset is missing some detail.

3. expected result - rounded square with dots inside

4. actual result - blank rounded square

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Private prototype: can't insert the emails

In private link prototype, when I try to type the email at the '@' it closes the address without allowing me to write the last part of the address.

Attached a video.

XD version 12.0.12.10 on Mac.
    Italian keyboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can't see the layer options

I can't see the 3 options: Mark for batch export, Lock, Hide.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. protopie

Converted fonts (Bitmaps on protopie) that we view on mobile phones has crisp anti-aliasing as if there is a resolution problem. Normally on XD there is no problem. But when we import into Protopie & view on mobile there are crisp antialiasing problems on font graphics.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings Erikan:

I think what you’re seeing may be due to the font not being installed on the mobile app. For this, the font license will let you know if this supported and how to do so. One possible workaround is to publish the prototype and view on assets.adobe.com.

Hope this helps!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

11. Can't save and exit

macOS Mojave 10.14

cmd+S or cmd+q doesn't work, right click and press exit on the Dock doesn't work as well. I don't know what actually save for now

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Preview 100% broken (Chrome Desktop, Chrome Android, Firefox and Safari)

Hey,

I really like designing with XD, as I am able to get nice results, fast and efficient.

BUT, there is a very big BUT! The preview is a disaster!!! (<= with at least three exclamation marks)

Most of the time it does not work as expected. If it displays content, it is missing parts, or distorts the images, or shows white areas. It's a total mess!

I decided to write this once and stop using it. All the time I am winning by using XD, I loose again, twice, by using XD preview. :-(

Come on, try harder, I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Mario:

Appreciate you taking the time to write us and share your feedback. Let’s see if we can figure out what’s going on for you.

In the case of Chrome, you might be seeing an issue with WebGL setting. I encourage you to review this help page for troubleshooting, https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-view-web-prototypes.html

For the Safari case it would help me a lot if you could share screen grab or list with the items you see missing from your design in the prototype?

For the Firefox case, there’s a known issue that has a fix in an our next release. Do you see this issue in other browsers? In the meantime, one workaround is to create new link.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

13. Error 55:1-1:-1

Adobe XD version 12.0.12.10
    Windows 10 Enterprise
    XD Project with 23 boards

Reproduction sequence:
    1) Select Share - Publish Prototype
    2) Use default selections Allow Comments and Show Hotspot Hints
    3) Press "Create Public Link" button

Expected result: A link to a prototype page
    Actual Result:
    A dialog:
    This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later ( error 55:1-1:-1).

I try my companys wifi AND also via 4G. No difference.
    (It works fine to export my project to pdf-file)

This bug has been reported many times. Why does Adobe close them without hfixing it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

The error your seeing can have several root causes which makes tracking this down take some time. Sometimes it’s an indicator there’s a problem when the file is being prepared to share. Other times it can happen because of the next work connection.

Some questions to see what could be happening here:
    - What build of Win10 are you working with?
    - Have you successfully published this file? If so, are you able to share the XD? If possible, can you post the original XD file for testing on my end?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

14. exporting to svg, results in some fonts not correctly displayed in photoshop or illustrator

XD exporting artboards to svg and opened in photoshop or illustrator, results in some fonts not correctly drawn in photoshop and illustrator. Specifically this happens with helvetica new condensed oblique. In photoshop it becomes a bold oblique and illustrator a bold font.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. opacity in dev spec

In the dev spec is not shown the value of opacity of an element.
    It's always at 100%

In my case it's a symbol grouped in a folder with a 60% of opacity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Keep behavior of eyedroppers over selected text consistent

When you select part of a text and want to change its color, it works as long as you use the eyedropper from the appearance panel, but it doesn't if you use the eyedropper available on the color picker instead. At that moment, the text is not longer selected and you change the entire color of the text box, which is annoying.

This was reported as a bug several times, but it seems it was marked as "not a bug", like it was designed as is, well, in that case, I don't understand the logic (or advantage) behind not keep…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Error sharing design specs

Error sharing design specs.

Adobe XD 12.0.12.10
    Creative Cloud Sync 4.0.1.60
    Erro generating or updating specs link.
    Artboards: 33
    File size: 30,8 MB

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Preview broke in Chrome and is not fixable by clearing browser data.

Online preview is not working, anymore. White screen in Chrome with some errors in the console and partially while on Android (Chrome). I cleared all data and even restartet. Stays broken in Chrome.

copy of Chrome log:
    main.min.js:1 A parser-blocking, cross site (i.e. different eTLD+1) script, https://c.evidon.com/geo/country.js, is invoked via document.write. The network request for this script MAY be blocked by the browser in this or a future page load due to poor network connectivity. If blocked in this page load, it will be confirmed in a subsequent console message. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5718547946799104 for more details.
    U @ main.min.js:1
    17:27:44.641…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Online Design Specifications "Forgetting" Permissions

I work in a small team sharing design specifications from multiple files with three developers. While the online tool itself is very handy, almost every day one of the developer looses her/his permission to access a design specification. When clicking on the shared link they see the statement "permission denied" although in XD the file is still shared with them. I then have to delete the permission and share it again. Perhaps as a related issue, the online overview of shared design specifications does not correspond with the permissions provided. One developer, for example, only saw one prototype in his…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base