Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. General Functionality and bad UX - Adobe Switched to Cloud Documents (bug)

I'm beyond frustrated with XD at the moment. Since switching to cloud (because we were forced to, in order to use the xd app), things have been so bad with the keyboard not functioning. Beyond that, the sign in problems and long hangs from autosave just make this app unusable.

I'm in the final stages of app design, and I had to get everyone accustomed to using cloud documents for prototyping on mobile. this was a real pain, and still I'm having complaints from where to access the files. CC files with a connection to your desktop where you can…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To help clarify: What issue are you reporting?
    1. You don’t care for Cloud documents workflow
    2. When working with Cloud documents you notice performance slow downs
    3. When working with Cloud documents you see issues with the keyboard driven commands

For No 1, you can still use XD to save files to your local drive as Lalita points out. For No 2-3 I’ll need more details to help determine what’s happening,
    - AdobeID
    - Geo location of where you’re accessing
    - XD + OS version

For your reference, here’s some documentation for Cloud document workflows in XD, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRVCuOnh4DA&;
    https://helpx.adobe.com/mt/xd/help/cloud-documents.html

Cheers!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

2. Font weight changes in text area on exit

Adobe XD Version: 10.0.42.14 (Starter)

1. Create iPhone XS artboard.
    2. Type text in point.
    3. Change the text in point to text area in the inspector pane.
    4. Change the font of the text to SF Pro Text, 17 Regular.
    4. Exit text area.

Expected result:
    The font keeps its weight and looks the same as it was edited.

Actual result:
    On exit the font changes its weight.

See the attached file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I Cant See 'animation' transtition when Link the Object on Prototype

I work on Prototype mode.
    When i want to link the object 1 from Artboard A to Artboard B, i can see the 'animation' feature ( Picture 1 )

But When i want to link the object 2 from Artboard A to Arboard B, I CANT 'animation' feature ( Picture 2 )

Any Solution ? or am i do something wrong ?

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Rianda:

I’m not totally clear if you’re trying to use auto-animate feature? In Picture 1, the action is set to transition. You can select auto-animate there. The way it’s set now, it will do a “slide up” for the entire artboard when clicking.

Let me know if this is what you’re wanting to do or if there’s something else you’re looking for. Here’s the helpx page for auto-animate for reference, https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-prototypes-using-auto-animate.html

Cheers!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

4. Color picker does not work

When i try to pick color, the cursor behaves weird. I get only black color with zero alpha-channel.

Windows 10 (1803)
    Adobe XD (13.1.32.8)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Spell Check won't change the word

even on version 14 (december) spell check shows misspelled word but unable to change (does nothing when the correct word is chosen from proofing context menu (right click)) .. the windows version is 1809 (october update)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

Thanks for sharing the video. Looking at the file, I see a color change in :02.

Can you share exact steps of what you’re doing and where it’s not working as you expected? For reference, here’s some documentation that may help clarify how the feature works today, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUM4pXfR_o0&t=103s
    https://theblog.adobe.com/auto-animate-how-to-create-automatic-animations-xd/
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-prototypes-using-auto-animate.html

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

7. I can't access/ view shared files between mac and Win10.

I can't access/ view shared files between mac and Win10.

Adobe XD V 14.0.42.14 (starter)
    Mac OS V10.14.2 (18C54)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. weird popup window.

I just opened XD and this window popd up. I couldn't reproduce it though.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [Win10] Wacom bamboo "clic" default button bug

I worked everyday with a Wacom Bamboo tablet on adobe XD at work.

Since yesterday (the day I updated XD and Wacom software), the default "clic" button (the one that triggers when you press the pen on the tablet) doesn't work anymore when I go into the Preview Mode (Using the "play" button upper right).

Of course, I can still use my "left clic" shortcut on my pen to navigate through the Preview Mode, but it's not as good as using the default clic button.

Cheers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Desktop preview showing black screen on Surface book.

Desktop preview is black on my Surface book. Using the current version of XD, updated through creative cloud. File is saved; if you clidk the play button in either prototype or design, it just opens a black page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Troubleshoot link creation errors

1. Version of Adobe XD: 14.0.42.14
    2. Steps to reproduce the issues:
    2.1 click Share
    2.2 click Share for Review
    2.3 set tile and preview options
    2.4 create Public Link
    2.5 see a progress bar
    2.6 100% creating public link...
    2.7 There was a problem uploading your design.
    Troubleshoot link creation errors(this is a link)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. link open too late

The link keeps on loading too much while trying to open the link whats the main cause of it ??????

url: https://xd.adobe.com/view/7d7e9518-37b9-4de3-4019-2a5e526266c9-0b4f/screen/67e4c88b-5d5a-438e-8650-42afcd5cd3b2/Homepage-5?fullscreen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. XD not starting after laptop shut down due to low battery

I was working on a XD file when my computer shut down due to running too low on battery. I had the file saved just before this happens. However, having the laptop (Surface Pro) plugged in now, XD would not start correctly. It would remain on the start screen where I should be able to select from the recent files but i cannot click on any tile and the window closes entirely shortly after. Same happens if I try to open XD from the Creative Cloud pannel. When I double click on the xd file I have saved on my…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hiya Elisabeth (just noticed I spelled your name incorrectly previously – apologies!) Really appreciate the additional investigation on your part.

For updating drivers, here’s some info:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023482/surface-download-drivers-and-firmware-for-surface

Depending on which graphic card you have, it would be good to check the manufacturer for newer drivers as the MS site may not have the latest. You can check in Device Manager, https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-test-a-cpu

For the file, unfortunately the file cannot be recovered from the published prototype, this is a separate file type. However, if the file was saved to Creative Cloud files, there should be a copy available.

I’m looking at the error log and see the file was saved in drive G:\ – were you collaborating with someone else on this design? I have seen where sometimes more than one user makes edits to the file on a shared location can result in this scenario.

With this message “Unable to open…

14. can't use touch screen to navigate within project

Using XD 13.1.32.8. on a Surface Pro, with the latest update I cannot my fingers on the touchscreen anymore to navigate around the different artboards I have in my project. This was the only option for me to go left and right and zoom in / out quickly. That function is gone now and the only option for me to move between artboards is to zoom out until I see the artboard I need, select that one and change the zoom setting to 'zoom to selection' to get to this board.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adobe XD can not publish prototype

After click publish prototype, it will show a progress, after that, there will be a error page, saying:"There was a problem uploading your design, Troubleshoot publish errors"

Version: XD CC 13.1.32
    Create Cloud App Language: English(North America)
    PC Region: United States
    Time Zone: UTC +08:00

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Your are offline at the moment (44:77:0). Unable to publish design link.

When trying to share my Adobe XD file (2MB). One Artboard/Screen I get the Your are offline at the moment (44:77:0) error when publising a design link. I tried logging out, restarting, logging in, but no effect. When I open another XD File and publish it, it works fine. So it must have somthing to do with my file. I also tried activating/deactivating "include elements". No effect.

Attached is the PDApp Log.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [Win10] G-sync is causing problems

Adobe XD ver: 13.1.32.8

The application automatically uses G-sync and causes interface lag when doing anything that involves movement.

Manually disabling G-sync for the application or disabling it all together seems to fix the issue.

Note: Adobe XD does not appear in the nvidia control panel but has to be manually added and then select monitor technology > Fix Refresh

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "alt" key smart guide is not working

"alt" key smart guide is not working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Plug in-No escape hatch?

The Plug-in Icondrop is very frustrating and a hassle to use. The first issue is when you try to use the plug-in, You MUST sign up for an account. Well, that's when the second issue arrises. You MUST sign up for an account, there's no way to back out of it. You can't close the app, you can't save your work, you can't do anything unless you sign up for this stupid account. This is such a waste of time, and should be fixed or eliminated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Courtney:

I think this is something the plugins can do better in reflecting. You should be able to hit ESC and exit the plugin.

Some plugins do require user accounts which at the discretion of the developer. We gave it a go on our end and it’s working so not sure what could be going on for you. I encourage you to contact Icondrop directly with details, https://support.iconscout.com/hc/en-us
    https://support.iconscout.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Cheers!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

Feedback and Knowledge Base