Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mac OS 10.13 - Can't duplicate artboard + undo/redo unavailable

Artboard can't get duplicated and once trying to - redo and undo become unavailable. Mac OS 10.14

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Apostrophe bug with Ubuntu font

I'm having an issue with apostrophes with only one font so far which is Ubuntu font.

I'm not sure if this an actual software problem (it seems to be since it works flawlessly in other softwares such as Photoshop and Illustrator) or a font issue.

The only way I have been able to bypass it is by typing it and immediately press the Escape key to quit editing the text box.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. XD Prototype Has Missing Elements

Elements and images are missing from the prototype, in my case it's in the footer. I'm running a mac and checked it on Chrome, Safari, Firefox and on my coworker's Windows computer -- all with the latest OS and software updates. I'm also using the current version of XD (16.0.2.8)

Noticing this for particularly longer artboards. This one happens to be 1680 x 8684.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. svg resize problem

Resizing of the SVG objects by using numeric keybord does not working good. Resizing with mouse is OK - see attached video

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Character styles are not tagging correctly. Changing in unexpected locations in file

I have four character styles that I am using in my file. The text is styled the way I want, but when I paste additional copy...text that is not even close to the pasted text changes style. I have before and after pictures attached to show. This has happened several times. I am on the Windows platform. Also note that the pasted text changes styles i the middle.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dragging elements off artboard become hidden (intermittently)

Weird issue I noticed happening the other day, and again just now. Some elements stay linked to the artboard they previously occupied even after I've dragged them off. I don't always notice this has happened, until I select an artboard and notice elements surrounding it suddenly appear, then disappear when the artboard is deselected.

1. Version 15.0.12.8

2. Select an element and drag it off an artboard.

3. I expect the element to stay visible; I expect the element to stay visible even though it is not attached to an artboard.

4. Sometimes the selected/dragged element immediately becomes hidden, even…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  6 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unable to select multiple layers across multiple groups

If two layers live in different groups, it's not possible to select them both. A use case for this is attempting to change the fill color for multiple layers, but they all live in different groups. This is standard functionality in other design tools.

See screen recording: https://www.dropbox.com/s/98yflc2nz9w3xlw/select-from-multiple-groups.mov?dl=0

^ I'm holding the Command key while trying to select multiple layers.

It seems this bug was marked as "by design" in a previous post, but I'd like to raise the issue again since this is a major pain point for me. Anyone else agree?

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/17260256-selection-across-groups

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

resolved-by-setting-update  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. installed plugins missing after updating XD

After updating to the latest version of XD, my installed plugins where gone and I've had to reinstall them again.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. XD 14.0.42.14 - again problem with polish special letters - this time with "ć" and "ł"

1. Adobe XD 14.0.42.14
    2. Again after the newest (December 2018) update, there is a problem with 2 polish special letter during typing into text frame: "ć" (AltGr + "c") and "ł" (AltGr + "l".
    3. Expecting to write "ć" and "ł"
    4. Nothing happens after trying to type those letters.

Adobe! ;) ;) ;) - please ;););) again????? ;););)

Thanks!!!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make XD run stable! fix bugs instead of releasing features.

I like that Adobe has released a multi platform prototyping tool with XD. Anyways it sometimes can be very very annoying working with adobe xd, since it has so many bugs. Instead of releasing new features I belive Adobe should be more focused on getting XD stable and bug free!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, see below for answers.

- Doesn’t react to key-events anymore (happens very often)

I think this may be due to known issue, https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/34689346 While not completely fixed, our latest release (XD 14) has some improvements.

- Doesn’t sync to the cloud correctly (Icons, images, etc. don’t showing up on cloud-prototype – I think in export-files as well)

I’m not sure if you mean, updating your prototype doesn’t show the changes made in the file, or saving to cloud drive does not sync the file. Can you clarify?

- Sometimes vertical scrolling by clicking shirft + scroll, doesn’t work (it is zooming instead of scrolling sidewards)

I think this is another symptom of the above keyboard response issue.

- No Pointer-Event, when hovering a project in cloud.
    Can you share more details about this? I’m not sure what you mean.

- Clients cant log into the prototype and have to…

11. Dissolve transition flickering (blinking) to the top of the page when not supposed to

Scenario:
    - scroll down
    - click a button which is set to "dissolve" and "preserve scroll position"

Expected outcome: smooth (fade out - fade in) transition to the next page

Bug outcome: screen jumps (flickers) to the top of the current page THEN transitions to the next page.

See this example prototype: https://xd.adobe.com/view/c11bbd2e-3158-4636-4dd1-3dadc61e3211-b72a/

I think it's similar (but not the same) to this issue: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/34939726-transitions-between-overlays-blink-the-screen

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Impossible to rotate more than 360 using auto-animate

I'm loving auto-animate, it's a great feature, so powerful but... since we can't give to any object more than 360deg of rotation, it couses an animation problem.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. [Windows 10] Adobe XD closes itself when Windows go to sleep

Version of Adobe XD: 12.0.12.10 (Starter)
    Steps to reproduce the issues:
    1. Open Adobe XD on Windows 10 machine
    2. Leave the machine until it sleeps for certain amount of time, which I'm not sure how long
    3. Wake Windows up and Adobe XD magically disappears from the taskbar
    4. Attempt to re-open Adobe XD will result in fresh session which previous work is not resumed.
    Expected result: Able to resume Adobe XD work after a moderately long sleep of Windows 10 machine.
    Actual result: Adobe XD closes itself after a moderately long sleep of Windows 10 machine, attempt to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unwanted top padding in Text elements

Hi Dear Adobe Team,

Please find the attachment and kindly have a look on "Upgrade" text surrounded by light blue line (i.e. text wrapper). Clearly there is an padding at the top, which is creating problems like aligning text vertically respect to its parent dark blue box. Because it is assuming that box(light blue box with dot at the bottom) height as text element height. This problem is wasting so much of time in aligning text vertically.

Hoping to see this feature in future, screenshot is attached below.

Thanks in advance,
    Milan Gautam

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Line breaks created on Windows not recognising on Mac

I had an XD file created on Windows with text areas including line breaks created by Shift + Enter. Mac is opening this file with no expected breaks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Preserve Scroll Position" is always activated although I didn't activate this option

All my Prototypes behave like the option "Preserve Scroll Position" is activated although I didn't activate this option.

Im unsing Adobe XD Version 8.0.22.11 on Windows 10.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@Christoph, I think the issue Rob is seeing is different from what you’re describing. It would help to have link to your prototype with details steps of what you’re doing and where it’s not working.

@Rob – I think you may be hitting a limitation with how things are setup based on what you’re trying to do. Wonder if adding dissolve transition improves the user experience?

17. After opening Sketch-Dokument fonts can't be found

In Sketch I had the "Open Sans Bold" "Open Sans Extrabold" etc. When I open the document in XD it can not find the fonts (but they are activated in FontExplorer X Pro via Typekit). The error message says: Missing fonts:

OpenSans-Bold-Regular
    OpenSans-Extrabold-Regular

It adds the word "regular" after every font!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. XD files created in windows, not opening in Mac

I created this file in the beta version of XD. I'm not being able to access this file in Adobe XD 2018 version mac. However, it is opening fine in Adobe XD 2018 version windows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adobe XD file won't open

I can't open any XD files, the only solution I have to open files is using the "Recent Files" that are listed when I first open the app. It works on files I have created but doesn't work on files others have created.
    Adobe XD version 4.0.12.6

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mobile App defaulting to last screen in the prototype

Platform: AdobeXD Mobile App

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10 Edge+

Description: I open a newly shared prototype from the desktop. When I open it in the mobile app, the app is opening to the last artboard created in the file (not even the last artboard in the prototype - but an extraneous artboard not connected to the prototype in the file.)

Expected behavior: The mobile app would open my prototype to the first artboard (designated by the blue "Home" tab in Prototype mode.) Also - that no other disconnected artboards would show up in the prototype (similar to the desktop experience.)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base