Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Speaker noise feedback when dragging elements outside of artboards.

Interesting screeching happening today when dragging elements outside artboards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Long prototype names in dropdown menu have no hover/pop-up (with full name)

(Hoping this is a bug and not 'by-design')

When 'Choosing a Destination' from the Prototyping menu, the layer names are truncated to fit the (very narrow!) dropdown box. As a result, I can rarely see the full name of the layer, making it difficult to know which layer to link to. If I hover on a layer name in the dropdown menu, it should either provide a hint-bubble with the full layer name or start auto-scrolling in the field to allow me to read the full name. This is a major usability issue - especially for prototypes with a large…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing your feedback Tressa! Not sure what OS you’re working with. For the dropdown menu to select name of destination artboard, I do see a character display limit for long artboard names (shapes/images are currently not available as an option for destination) on the MAC. But for Win, I got up to 80 characters and did not see the name get cut off if it’s the destination artboard it’s wired to. But I did see a cutoff in the dropdown list of other artboards. Is that what you mean?

Hint bubble sounds like a great idea! I’m thinking what you’re looking for is likely a feature request but want to make sure I understand what you’re looking for.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

3. Duplicated Elements and Symbols

I don't know what happened or how it happened, but all of the sudden, a file that I've been constantly working in for the past two weeks has had all of its elements duplicated on every artboard. At first, I thought it was maybe the symbols (this is my first time really, truly utilizing them), but I'm noticing it on elements that were there prior to setting up symbols in the file.

I have been copying and pasting elements/symbols from the Material UI XD file (xd-resources-material-design-ui), but again, I'm seeing the duplication on elements that were not created as symbols…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Protopie

Can't Export/Import XD to/into ProtoPie

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ungroup mask missing

the ungroup mask feature has disappeared, and i'm now unable to break apart a shape mask

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-investigation-in-progress  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. win10平台的字体输入选择下滑线的时候下划线样式出现异常,字体:pingfang SC

win10平台的字体输入选择下滑线的时候下划线样式出现异常,字体:pingfang SC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. There was a problem updating the prototype you previously published (error 55:18:-1).

There was a problem updating the prototype you previously published (error 55:18:-1). Choose "New Link" to create a new prototype link.

When trying to update a design spec, it throws the above error message. Please advise!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What version of Adobe XD are you working with? What type of user license? I wonder if you’re using Started and reached the limit of 1 for sharing. The messaging would be incorrect but figure it’s worth looking at. Are you working in an office network? You publish from your home network (or the other way).

8. Windows 10: Resizing (reducing) Grouped objects does not not maintain proper alignment

As shown on page 76, step 2, in the Adobe training book, "Xd CC 2018 release, Classroom in a Book", for Windows 10, the camera object (a group of several objects) does not reduce to the proper image as shown in the book - when the value, 25 is applied to the "x" value in the Property Inspector. Note, the Mac demo video included with the online training for this book DOES show the proper image when reduced. This appears to be a Windows-only issue, I believe. Sorry if this is a redundant but - I did search to see…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Appears to be a preview issue in Chrome...

Appears to be a preview issue in Chrome... Safari works fine... Chrome only displays those items that are in fixed position but doesn't display the items in my parallax that aren't

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Elements subtracted bad rendered on Device preview

When I put the design in device preview mode some objects created with subtract/intersect etc are bad rendered.

Take a look at the screenshot (on the left the XD design mode, on the right the App screenshot).

Thanks
    Andrea

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Design specs latency

There is a lack of latency on the design specs section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Didn't show the overlay moving icon if the size of overlay art board is small

I have created an art board with size "192*41" and want to overlay it on my main art board. After I choose the overlay, the move icon didn't show up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Typing the letter "J" at the beginning of a "point textbox" causes the textbox to move left 1-2 points depending on font size

Version 12.0.12.10
    Creative Cloud Sync 4.0.0.46
    Windows 10 Pro N - Version 1703
    Desktop i7-4770 - 32 GB

Whenever I type the letter "J" at the beginning of a left-aligned "point textbox", the textbox will move left 1-2 points depending on the font size. Also, when I use an "area texbox" the J visually sticks out of the text box boundary. This doesn't appear to happen with any other letter.

Upon further review, it seems that this is only happening with the font "Open Sans". It also seems that setting other fonts to italics (doesn't matter which font), the text…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Design specs sync

Hi! I have about 50 screens in my file and both design specs and prototyping have worked perfectly. But last week when I was updating the links only 6 artboards appeared in design specs and prototype. I have tried to make new links, copying the artboards into a new file and linking everything from scratch – but nothing works. No, I can see 25 artboards - so there is progress but about half of the artboards are still missing. I have the newest version of Adobe XD. The project is confidential so unfortunately I can't share the file with you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings Amalie:

Sorry to hear things aren’t working well for you.

A few things that might help you troubleshoot what’s going on,
    Troubleshooting guide for common Design Spec publish issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/design-spec-errors-workarounds.html
    Checking the services status page for any updates or issues, status.adobe.com (Creative Cloud)

Sometimes restating the system or publishing from a different network can “fix” things.

Hope this helps!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

15. Design Specs

I am trying to update design specs of my project, and appears the message "There was a problem creating your design spec.

Troubleshoot publish errors"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Artboards that are NO longer in the designfile, are still showing as artboards in the iOS app.

Artboards that are NO longer in the designfile, are still showing as artboards in the iOS app? They have been deleted in the file in CC, opened on mobile and they are still there? It is not only iPad artboards, it's like old artboards and iterations showing up. The file is 100% up to date.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. September update cannot export PDF, PNG on Mac OS

September 2018 update has broken this feature. All exported files have 0k filesize.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings Andrew:

Can you provide further details? Do see this problem in all files? What about in a project with a single shape or artboard?

I’m working with XD 12 on MacOS 10.12.6 and export of PDF + PNG (and JPG, SVG) is working without issues.

Are you able to share your file via WeTransfer.com?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

18. Cant Create a New Deisgn Spec

1. Adobe XD Version 11.0.22.10

2. On an existing cloud saved project, go to "Publish Design Specs", include assets, and hit "New Link"

3. I would expect a new design spec to upload and be published, that I can then share.

4. It uploads all the way to 100% and then tells me it could not update my design spec (even though I'm creating a new one, and I've also deleted the old spec) and gives me the error 44:47:0. After this, if I try publishing a new link again, it tells me that "There was a problem creating our…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. copy&paste from XD to other apps

It's impossible to copy smth from XD and paste it to Outlook letter for example (or another app) as picture. Then I do it I see just black rectange. Look at the attachment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Oh I see. You may be working with files the pasteboard in Win is saving in a way that Outlook can’t understand. I recommend exporting to PNG or JPG file from XD for accurate representation.

The cases for asset import/export/copy/paste the team has validated are defined here, https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/working-with-external-assets.html For other support not included, I encourage you to open a feature request for the team to review.

Hope this helps!
    Nina

20. Text

When we drag a vector illustration for Illustrator to XD, everything work fine. But text written on curved path in AI is displayed as written horizontally in XD. Please check this
    issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe XD: Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base