Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cloud Document Shared for Review does not show in one of my clients

I'm working on a project, saved as a Cloud Document, for a business that has two partners.

I've shared my design with one of the partners using the Share for Review functionality a couple of weeks ago, and it works as expected.

We have revised the design as needed since then, and now we're ready to share with the other partner. I've invited this second partner using the same Share for Review function, but he's unable to see the design on his iOS apps. The design does show up for him in his https://assets.adobe.com/shared page.

I'm using the latest Adobe…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Misnamed recent file on Start Screen

Cloud doc showing up twice in recent docs and has incorrect title in start-screen (see file for details)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Inconsistent Art Board

I created an XD file for web and the new file got populated correctly with a Web-sized artboard. I have worked on that artboard on a few days. Now, I have opened the file again and wanted to add a second artboard, and the Artboard is iPhone 6/7/8 sized (and named). It seems like the default artboard for a web-design project should be a web-sized artboard, not an iPhone one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Undo/Redo ungrouping caused XD to crash [Windows 10] [Version 14.042.14 (Starter)]

Ungrouped a repeat grid saved symbol. Tried to redo because I ungroupped too far (didn't eman to ungroup the symbol), and XD would refuse to regroup it. It then crashed after 3 seconds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pages excluded on linked prototype, unless linked to Home page

I'm having an issue on my prototype where pages are missing. I did some investigating and found out that unless a page is directly linked to the home page, it will not show up on the prototype.

This is a concern as I do prototypes for clients with products. An example would be having a main product page with products to click on to send you to a more detailed page. I link that detailed page to the product on the main product page, and it doesn't show. My current work around is to have a set of invisible squares…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Artboards on Prototype, still not linking

I'm having an issue on a bug that was marked as fixed.

See Original: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/36329020-prototype-not-working-artboards-not-linking?tracking_code=fb698cba79a4eb77e31d07622d53956c

I'm still having the exact some problem which no real luck. I use a imac so I preview at larger sizes that are 2000-2200px wide. When this happens, the link is there, and the hotspot gives a false indication on where it is. When I set the browser to something small like 1400 px wide, it's fine.

I was able to click randomly around the prototype and eventually find the link in a random spot that would be equal to the location if it was…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adobe XD stop working any time while opening opening project or changing something in win10

I am facing self closing problem many time when i start new project and create any object on XD and the XD close by self so please solve my this problem thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Missing Images when uploading prototype

When I publish my prototype, I have multiple missing images. I have tried updating to the latest version of XD and continue to have the same problem. As with other reports of this issue that are now closed, the missing images seem to always be near the bottom of the page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Mac & Win10] Cursor keeps on zooming in

Hi, I am using Adobe XD both in Mac and Win10

Seems like in both versions, I found that sometimes the cursor changed into a magnifying glass and couldn't change to the normal cursor. I had to restart the app to get it back to normal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Opening an Illustrator file in XD destroys the text-block tabs.

Opening an Illustrator file in XD destroys the text-block tabs. Then, when attempting to duplicate the original tab spacing, using repeated space-bar hits, produces poor results, as shown in the screen-shot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Problems editing text area

When yoy are editing a text area, the systems run very slow and I can't write something.
    I am typing the text very fast and the problem is that I don't see the words that I'm writing on the screen until after a while. :(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. share and save - missing details

hello there,
    I have a problem with share and saving one of my projects.
    I get missing details when I share and different missing details when I export my work to jpeg or png. attaching pic you can that the circle is empty but the same circles that I have in the project is visible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create new document window too large for screen

The window that displays when I'm trying to create a new document is too large for my screen (1280px x 800px).

Even if I hide the dock, the window will not let me make it any shorter (only thinner).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Design Specs cannot be exported anymor

Since about 2 hours it is impossible to export design specs. I have tried everything, even deleting the existing design specs+prototype for my project and creating a new link. However, only a prototype link is created when i click on "Design" and create a new link. I have tried to first create a new prototype link and THEN create a design specs link but still...only the prototype link is shown. It has worked fine until 2 hours ago and we are in the middle of a release which means the developers need the specs urgently. Quite a bummer....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

Some questions to help dig into this:
    - What version of XD + OS are you working with?
    - Are you seeing an error when you try to create Design spec link?
    - Can you retry same steps with new file that has one artboard with a single shape?
    - Can you share video of the issue?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

15. Text rendering is low quality in desktop app (but it is fine when selected or in browser review)

Using ver: 14.0.42.14 on Windows 10 64 bit

All text elements on the desktop app (in both design and prototype) are pixelated and have bad kerning.

If I select the text box so it is in edit mode, the text is correct (smooth, anti-aliased and moves to the correct position) - Upon moving away from the text box it returns to a low quality.

If I export artboard as .png it remains low quality.
    If I review the prototype in browser is high quality and everything is correct.

I have just moved from using Xd on OSX (Retina) to using…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Blurring in masked images when animating

Blurring in masked images when auto animating.
    The photos of girls are in a mask, the photos of dogs are just pngs w transparency. The larger resolution of the photo inside the mast the more it blurs between each animation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. XD share

xd v 14.0.42.14
    within prototype mode
    clicked share button (need to update and share prototype for review)
    got message "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."
    try later produces same result, persistent issue has not resolved in three days of use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adobe Cloud bug

My Adobe Cloud on the desktop is logging alone and does not stay logged in.

The attached message appears and continues giving the same error.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adobe XD glitch - export x2 retina SOLUTION

XD never exported artboards at the correct retina size when I chose 2x
    Instead I exported artboards at 1x for Web
    and this produced correctly sized 100% artwork and retina artwork!
    Sharp as in invision

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Copying blank spaces from design specs

I attached a screen recording. The issue I found is that, depending where you click in the content box to copy the content, it copies 2 blank spaces (hard returns) when you click the lower region of the box.

Whenever my devs. copy text from there, they found themselves having to remove returns from their code. This lead me to finding the bug.

PS. Shouldn't there be a Bug category for the Design Specs feature? I didn't select a category as it doesn't belong to any of the others.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base