Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Files saved in Windows cannot be opened in Mac

Yesterday I was working on a design on my Windows PC, and when I tried to open in on my Mac today it says I am running an older version and cannot open the file.

But my Creative Cloud says the XD is up-to-date. I even did check for updates and still the same. The XD Version on my Mac is 18.0.12.9 and I am not sure what is the Windows version.

If either of the OS updates faster than the other it is a big issue for the designers who work on the both platforms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Artboard exportation in HD resolution not working at all

Version of Adobe XD: 19.2.22 windows
    Steps to reproduce the issues: try to export artoboards at resolution superior than 1x (via web, iOS or Android Export)
    Expected result: Expecting to get images at different resolutions
    Actual result: All images in all folders have 1x resolution (360x640 working with android mobile artboard)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Artboard names mixed up at export to PNG

The names of the artboards get mixed up when I export to PNG. In my XD file I have an artboard named "Test - 65". In the export folder the PNG called "Test - 65" shows another artboard. PNG that represents the artboard "Test - 65" is named "Test - -6"...! very confusing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can't use any keyboard shortcut (ex. Copy(⌘C), Paste(⌘V), duplicate(alt), back(⌘Z))

Can't use any keyboard shortcut.

With the previous version, I could deal with this problem by rebooting Abode XD, or my PC.
    But with the current version, I couldn't solve it by myself.

This problem seriously stagnate my work, so I want to know the way to solve it as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Nanako

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Issue with dual monitor

While working on dual Monitor setup for sometime, XD suddenly stops recognizing Keyboard press. So when I want to pan and I hold space and click & move the mouse it will select instead of Panning. I have to open and close XD to reset the behaviour.

This happens irrespective of whether I am using the first monitor or not

XD Version : 19.2.22.3

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Incorrect License

Even though I have the correct license XD keeps telling me that I cannot generate a prototype and that I need to upgrade. Support fixed it once by connecting to my computer to edit some files, but it broke after an update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unable to shift + click and select multiple items

While holding the shift key down and selecting items I am unable to select multiple items. They are not in separate groups or different art boards. I have a video attached showing my issue. (note: I'm holding the shift key while clicking).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can't drag component from assets panel to canvas

1. 19.2.22.3
    2. Dragging component from assets panel onto canvas
    3. Place the component on the canvas
    4. Component snaps back to assets panel
    5. Atttached

This doesn't always happen but haven't found when/why its triggered.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Icons export

While exporting icons for iPhone, sometimes it happens that only 1x and 2x icons are exported but no 3x icon is exported.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Auto-Animate increment/decrement input number values

In Prototyping View I expect to be able to increment / decrement the duration values in the input fields with the arrow keys. Unfortunately it doesnt work as expected. Its inconsistent, kind of.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  4 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Layers hide/go away when deselecting

Layers automatically hide/go away when deselecting,
    When I want to deselect an object, I click in the clipboard space and the layer i am working on clears out and resets to the layer list.

Also when selecting multiple items from each artboard I am unable to see all layers and items at the same time in the layer panel. Layer behavior doesn't behave like illustrator.

Also when I lock an object it doesn't really lock, example, I lock an object, I attempt to select an object behind it and am unable to because the locked object continues to become the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

moved-to-feature-requests  ·  1 comment  ·  Core Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Changes to shared file aren't reflected for every user

Here's the flow:

- I created a shared file several months ago, Shared for review, & invited another designer to work on it.
    - The other designer worked on it for a month or so, and asked that I update the "shared for review" link.
    - I opened the file. No "Accept changes" dialogue appeared.
    - I updated the link successfully.
    - The other designer opened the preview and realized that only some of her changes appeared in the link preview.
    - When we compared the file on her computer and my computer (100% sure it was the same shared…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. XD should automatically pick up the saved location when i'm exporting the artboard as PNG

Steps are briefed here

1. I saved the XD file in my desktop location
    2. I'm trying to export the artboard as PNG
    3. XD will automatically show the different location(what i used to save different file). It should automatically pick the current location where the current file i saved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adobe XD doesn't always start

Hi,
    This bug didn't happen until recently, this is the 7th-8th time it actually happens. but it seems to be happening every day, right after I start my computer. So when I start XD, only the window with the minimize/close buttons appear, nothing more. I wait, and nothing happens. I have to close the window, then start XD again to have it working. Sometimes I have to actually repeat the above process two or three times.

I have a friend who cannot open XD at all. This is our bread and butter, these issues should not exist, especially in such…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Reset to master doesn't show master version

1. v19.2.22.3
    2. Resetting an component to master
    3. See an exact copy of the master instance
    4. Old elements of the component shows up

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Keeps crushing on windows ,unable to open creative cloud

Keeps crushing on windows ,unable to open creative cloud

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cannot use Alt to duplicate multiple artboards

In prototype mode when I try to duplicate multiple artboards with existing links by holding alt and dragging, it either doesn't do it at all or stacks a bunch of duplicates on top of the existing artboards. After attempting the duplication it somehow stops ctrl + z from working and sometimes prevents saving.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Losing information already saved

I really do not understand why some things happen with Adobe XD. this is the second time I've saved a project, and when I go to open it, it simply opens an older file, which I already had a balance before. I simply missed a day's work because XD resolved to unload information already saved in the project.

My version is on 19.2.22.3, and I attuned it to just over 1 hourr

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Immediately states out of date and needs to update on fresh install, then won't update.

Fresh download and install today via installer, states it is out of date immediately. I click 'update' rather than quit, and it just quits. Cannot install update. Never has been installed - fresh install on latest Mac OS. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that doesn't work either.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 共有機能を利用できない

組織で共有が無効になっているため、この機能は使用できません。
    というエラーメッセージが表示されます。

ネット上で検索してもどうすれば利用可能になるかわかりません。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base