Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Moving layer with shift+arrow key -> Selecting layers

Hello,
    Since today I have a very annoying problem :
    Almost every time I select a layer (on the layer panel) and I want to move it with shift + arrow key shortcut, that selects other layers in the panel.

Very disturbing, I never have that kind of behavior with this action.

1.Version of Adobe XD :
    CC Version : 4.3.0.292

2.Steps to reproduce the issues :
    around 4 times on 5 when I select a layer through the panel. When I click on the layer name (in its panel) and press an arrow key (with or without the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adobe XD: Share for Development failing with downloadable assets.

When sharing for development, the action fails if "include assets for download" is checked. My current file shows that it has 142 Assets (though I can't for the life of me find them all).
    I've searched and searched looking for duplicates or whatever. I have got to get this file sharable ASAP. The developer is screaming for it.
    This happens from within a corporate, firewalled, network and my at home network. Time of day has no bearing (as in server is up or down).
    I tap Create/Update link, the wheel spins for about 2 seconds then throws a completely detail…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  10 comments  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. You can try accessing the link again or, if the error persists

Hi

I'm facing this issues in many prototype links. Can u please check and let me know the solution plz.

Thanks
    Kasi

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  4 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Numeric keyboard not working after May update

Ctrl+2,3 and zoom shortcuts don't work after new update (May 19).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Artboards vanish when dragging between dual screens

XD Version 17.0.12.11
    On MacBook Pro 15" 2017, MacOS Mojave 10.14.4

Connect 2nd screen
    Open XD file with multiple artboards.
    Drag X window from laptop screen to 2nd screen.
    Artboards vanish and left with grey background.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fixed position item disappears

I have set up a page to include a fixed position item on the page. When I select fixed position check box and click preview or check my preview link the item disappears. When I unclick the fixed position box the item reappears. Seems to be a bug with the fixed position tool.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. XD file created on Windows break lines to Mac (when using shift+enter not recognized)

1. Version: 14.0.42.14 Windows (Starter)
    Version: 15.0.12.8 Mac (Starter)

2. when using shft + Enter is not recognized by Mac
    when using only Enter is recognized by Mac

3. New line created on Windows to be recognized by mac consistenly

4. Some new lines missing when open the file from Mac

5.1. attached screenshot file opened from Mac
    5.2. original XD file created on Windows test3.xd

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Kamen:

Thanks for including your files to help with this.

What you’re seeing is expected Shift + Enter is not recognized or needed as a way to setup single space line break. Mac and Win should both recognize “only Enter” for single line break. You can use “Line Spacing” control in Property Inspector if you’d like different spacing.

Is there something you’re specifically looking for that you’re unable to do by selecting “only Enter”?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

8. Items keeps going into the pasteboard instead of within the artboard

Trying to create auto animate between two artboards. When I need to put the items outside the artboard, it goes into the pasteboard.

There is a workaround to put them in the group so a part of it stays in the artboard. But it's still not good enough.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Responsive Size always active.

Hey guys, although I really love the new Responsive Size feature, I consider that it's very annoying to have this functionality activated by default.

In the 90% of the cases when I drop new icons from Illustrator or when I create new forms in XD itself, I have to unselect the option of "Responsive Size" because it blows up my form while resizing.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG: Background blur bug

BUG: Background blur added to shapes does not affect background when these elements have fixed positions

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unwanted top padding in Text elements

Hi Dear Adobe Team,

Please find the attachment and kindly have a look on "Upgrade" text surrounded by light blue line (i.e. text wrapper). Clearly there is an padding at the top, which is creating problems like aligning text vertically respect to its parent dark blue box. Because it is assuming that box(light blue box with dot at the bottom) height as text element height. This problem is wasting so much of time in aligning text vertically.

Hoping to see this feature in future, screenshot is attached below.

Thanks in advance,
    Milan Gautam

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. プロトタイプのコメント機能で、漢字変換を確定させるためのキー操作がコメントを投稿してしまう

ウェブブラウザでプロトタイプを閲覧している時に使えるコメント機能に関するバグの報告です。

再現方法
    1. コメント入力欄に日本語を入力する
    2. 漢字変換を確定させるためにキーボードのEnterキーを押す
    3. 変換の確定と同時にコメントが投稿されてしまう。

私が期待していた動作
    1. コメント入力欄に日本語を入力する
    2. 漢字変換を確定させるためにキーボードのEnterキーを押す
    3. 漢字の変換が確定される
    4. 未確定の変換が残っていない状態でEnterキーを押すとコメントが投稿される

すでに投稿されたコメントを編集するときも同様のことが起こります。
    コメント機能がとても使いづらくなっているので急いで直していただきたいです。

この現象を確認した日
    2018/5/23
    (5月上旬の時点では「期待していた動作」の通り動いていました)

環境
    Mac OSX 10.12.6
    Google Chrome 66.0.3359.181

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. prototype link

My Adobe XD prototype links are not holding. I am saving my Adobe XD files in the new Google Stream File drive, and I see in the manage links, the prototype link is there, although when I open the Adobe XD file to update (push to update the prototype link), there isn't an "Update link" button, it's just a "Create Link" button, even though it was already created. Somehow the actual Adobe XD file and the prototype link, are not linking.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-investigation-in-progress  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. error 1001 when click on publish

I have done all attentions on my adobe profile also have done all steps in https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/cannot-use-share-feature.html

but still i cant publish my proto type or use Design Specs

please help me and other users with the same issue. you are just addressing us to some useless approaches.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty using the share online feature in XD. The error you are seeing indicates that there is a problem with the login state on your local machine.

To resolve this issue, please first try the following:

1. Close all Adobe applications
    2. Sign out of the Creative Cloud desktop application
    3. Restart the machine

4. Login to the Creative Cloud desktop application

5. Launch Adobe XD and attempt to use the share online functionality

If the error persists after the actions above, the following steps should fix it:

1. Close XD and all other Adobe applications
    2. Sign out and then quit the Creative Cloud desktop application
    3. Open the Activity Monitor (on macOS) or Task Manager (on Win10)
    4. Force quit/terminate the following processes:
    1. Adobe Desktop Service
    2. Core Sync
    3. Creative Cloud
    5. Navigate to the OOBE folder:
    1. Mac: Users/[user…

15. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Components Panel is very slow/unresponsive in July 2019 Release

When trying to...
    - delete components
    -make components local
    - drag and drop components

Adobe Xd 21.1.12.3 application will become unresponsive and will need me to force quit the application. This has happened to me 4-5 times in the last week. I notice the application sometimes uses up to 2.33GB of memory when I have 3 files open.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Overridden properties are reset after the linked component updated

Overridden child components will be reset/removed after the parent linked component updates.
    Watch the `bug demo` video in the attachment for more details.

This Bug can be reproduced by following steps:
    1. Create a new XD file.
    2. Copy all three components in `source file` to the new file created in step 1.
    3. Replace `icon-oval` with `icon-rect` in the `list-cell` copied in step 2.
    4. Override the fill color of `icon-rect` to #ff0000(or any different color).
    5. Switch back to `source file`. Update the text position in the master component of `list-cell`.
    6. Save the changes of `source file`. …

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Sean, Su

Thanks for your report, including the steps and movie. It is reproducible, and I have logged a bug internally for it.

In general, overrides in linked components are respected. But in this case, the bug occurs when you have replaced a nested component in a linked component, and then make a new component from this linked component. After updating the master component in the source file, the replaced nested component does indeed revert back to the prior nested component in the linked component, so the “replaced” override is getting lost.

As a temporary workaround until it’s fixed, if you instead first create the new component from the linked component and then replace the nested component – when you update the master component in source you won’t encounter the bug.

Kind regards,
    Joe

18. Auto-animate transitions don't show properly the first time they are run in 'share for review' link

...but they do show properly after that first time. It flashes white during the first attempt and you miss some or all of the transition.

They were working just fine before the May update.

ver 19.2.22.3
    - Share for review
    - open link
    - run through any auto-animations
    expected: auto-animations play
    actual: flashes of white happen during animation, so you miss some or all of the animation...only the first attempt. ever attempt after that is fine.
    would be a bit annoying to tell a client, "just run through everything twice, then you're good!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  4 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pasting clipboard shapes while editing the artboard name freezes the software

If I copy shapes to the clipboard and accidentally paste it while editing the artboard name the software almost crashes, takes around 3-5 mins to come back and paste the SVG code of the shapes I did copy before.
    I wish you guys could block the ability to paste the shapes SVG codes while editing the artboard name.
    This silly mistake has been happening a lot to me, renaming artboards properly is something crucial for my work and I'm used to copying and pasting other artboard names and edit just a part of it. But it happens that between renaming…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  4 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mac OS 10.13 - Can't duplicate artboard + undo/redo unavailable

Artboard can't get duplicated and once trying to - redo and undo become unavailable. Mac OS 10.14

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base