Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hovering the cursor does not match the selected object.

In the assets panel, the selection of objects does not match the position of the mouse cursor. Better seen on video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hL0LFATNTc

Version: 16.0.2.8
    Creative Cloud Sync: 4.2.0.25
    Win10: 1803 OS Build 17134.590

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-filed  ·  0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CTRL + arrow and CTRL + SHIFT + arrow Doesn't Work in Layers Panel

From the Assets Panel:

- double click on a symbol to edit the name (e.g., Symbol 256)
    - position the cursor at the end of the name (e.g., after the 6)
    - press CTRL + Left Arrow to quickly jump to the previous word break
    notice: the cursor jumps to the word break, as expected (e.g., before the 2)
    - press CTRL + Left Arrow again
    notice: the cursor jumps to the next word break, as expected (e.g., before the S)
    - do the same thing with CTRL + SHIFT + <Arrow> to quickly select text from the current insertion…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. xd closes and eat memory when switching number of monitors

XD closes or eats my memory when I go from dock station to laptop and back again. Sometimes it craps out and nothin will load, i'll have to force it shut and then open it back up again off my dock and just working off the laptop. Other times it tries to close itself and I'll have are you sure you want to exit windows when I put my laptop to sleep and then wake it back up. It seems like the switching from laptop view with 2 additional monitors to only laptop is the issue.

laptop
    i7 2.8 16gb…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fonts with similar name activates wrong font from Adobe Fonts

When designing with a font from Adobe Fonts. And then watching design in Adobe XD app on Android another font is activated automatically.

The font i wanted to use: https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/t26-carbon

The font that gets activated and shows up in the XD app: https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/carbon

I tried deactivatinf back and forth but the wrong Carbon always activates by default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Publishing (Share) with Auto-Animate breaks Prototype

When I create a prototype with auto-animate animations in it and share it, the prototype breaks in the browser. Links don't work, some pages won't scroll. Graphics look more pixelated. Not sure why it's breaking but I tried every scenario possible with new and existing documents. Same result.

As soon as I remove the auto-animate, it works perfectly in the browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  5 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Trying to save file to cloud - get endless spinning wheel

Hi, I can't save any files to the cloud, when I try I get the "Saving" screen with spinner forever.

I'd really love to preview the prototype I'm working on, on my phone, this issue is a bit of a blocker at the moment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adobe XD - when logged in, public link does not display in browser (XD v 16.0.2.8 enterprise acct., macOS Mojave )

When logged in from the browser, the public link does not display, and only shows as a blank page. But once you log out from the browser, the link displays.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Color pallet using image

Creating color swatch from Psd or vector in XD is possible. How to create color swatch using image file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have to press/release Control while holding spacebar to get the artboard to move

I can only space+drag the Adobe XD artboard on my Windows 10 HP Spectre if

1. I hit spacebar
    2. hit control while still holding the spacebar
    3. Release control, keep holding spacebar
    4. Click left trackpad button while continuing to hold spacebar. Then, the artboard will move as expected.

When I use XD with this same computer with my external trackball, I don't have to use the control-release in step 3. This is what I'm expecting.

But without the external trackball and just using my laptop as is, if I don't do it in exactly this order, every single…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Eye Dropper locking up

1. Version 16.0.2.8
    2. Clicking on the eye dropper locks up the tool and no color selection can be made.
    3. Click eye dropper tool will move around the screen color is selected on click.
    4. The eye dropper tool on click the magnify circle opens in the location of the icon and does not move around the screen. Esc will exit this.

OS Mojave 10.14.3

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. XD not opening in Windows 10

I cannot open XD on my Windows 10. It starts but it closes automatically after a few seconds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pixelation

The desktop online version of the app renders the images properly while the iPhone app doesn’t. Any idea why this occurs, which didn’t before, and when will it be fixed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 'Background Blur' over 'Shadow Effect' displays unexpectedly on Preview Mode

Blur effect displays differently (takes into account shadows, I think) in Preview Mode and in Design Mode.

I would prefer it was rendered consistently as it is now on Design Mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. OSX mac sierra 10.13.6 and windows 10 OS 17763.253 not able to open xd file due to an update message

Getting the message: This was created with a newer version of Adobe XD. Please update Adobe XD to open it.

I got adobe xd version 15.0.12.8 on mac and pc, I saved the file yesterday 07.02.2019. But when I try to open the file today I get the update message.

So now my adobe xd file is in limbo, I am not able to open it either from mac or pc.

MAC osx High Sierra version 10.13.6
    PC: Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.253

I have also tried to restart my mac and pc, but it did not help.

a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fonts not displaying correct weights after editing.

I can confirm that https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/13167330-font-rendering-with-wrong-weight-unless-editing is not fixed or has reappeared in my Adobe XD V: 15.0.12.8

Fonts are selectively displaying weights after editing. During edit the font size/weight are as listed in the TEXT pane. Unselecting the text causes it to go to some "lowest weight" sizing.

Thanks for your help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Delete multiple colors from palette not working

version 15.0.12.8 (starter)

Descp: Multiple selection is completely buggy on Windows 10. SHIFT or CTRL keys does not respond to user action as they should.

This feature was working ok a few versions ago.

See the VIDEO. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Nonchalanto,

Thanks for your report. Unfortunately, I’m not able to reproduce the problem in XD 15.0.2.8 – could you please provide a few more details?

• System specification (Hardware make/model, Win10 version)
    • Are display drivers updated to the latest version? As well as any dedicated mouse and keyboard drivers?
    • Does this happen with all XD documents, or just one?

Thanks,
    Joe

17. equest for troubleshooting of the drag and drop problem

1. 15.0.12.8
    2.To whom it may concern
    Hi, this is Yang who is the one of Adobe XD users.
    My co-workers and I try to use this program but we are currently in troble with minor problem.
    When I use it with a private computer, I am able to drag and drop elements to the ArtBoard. However, the function dosen't work with an office computer.
    The funny thing is that these two comupters are installed same version of Windows. Please let me know how to resolve this problem as soon as possible. I appreciate for your help.

Sincerly,

Soobin, Yang

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Record preview stuttering

Just did a 1 minute record preview of a self running sequence (no interactivity, just "fake" user usage). Sadly, for the first 10 seconds or so, there are "frozen" frames which looks stutter-y on playback. Very noticeable.

Also, as an aside, would be nice to choose 30FPS instead of only 60FPS (maybe that option could save me right now).

I can send the file direct, but as it's company work I can't post it here.

Using MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016), macOS 10.14.2 (18C54), XD 15.0.12.8

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adobe XD deleted my files

I installed XD on Windows 10 but did not sign in into Adobe Cloud. Then I worked quite a whole day offline without Internet connection. After reconnecting to the Internet again, Adobe XS crashed and my files, icluding the folder they were stored in, disapeared. I rebooted my PC and a new shortcut icon had been placed on my desktop: "Adobe Creative Cloud".
    The "Adobe XD" icon on the desktop has lost its symbol - it's now white but still works. It's linked to "Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte!App".

The files are lost - I have lost a whole day of work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Gerfried:

Let’s see if we can figure out what’s going on.

First, it’s not really possible to install Adobe XD without signing into Creative Cloud application. Can you confirm how you acquired the XD application installer?

When you say XD crashed, what do you mean specifically? Were you working in XD at the time? Did you see any errors at the time?

Finally, when you say you lost all your files is it that they are no longer visible in the Home Screen or Recent Files list? What folder location were the files being saved at prior to the application crash?

Thanks for your help in digging into this!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

20. Nudging with option

Make it possible to move an object with the arrow keys when option/alt is pressed. Right now you have to release the key in order to move it but then you don't always see the pixel distances.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base