Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe XD for Jira brokes Jira login/logout page

Hello,

When I add Adobe XD add-on 1.0.7 in our Jira Server 7.13.0, it has an impact on our connexion & deconnexion pages. Do you know that issue?
    I attach two screenshots.

Thank you.

Regards,

Antoine Fémolant

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Complex Animations appear jittery on Adobe XD app on iPhoneX

I created an app and the prototype runs smoothly on both the web and inside the Adobe XD application on my Macbook Pro. But when I load the prototype on my phone using a USB cable, it appears jittery.

I noticed it's only for this Adobe XD file but not my other files. I don't really know what is the problem but it is awfully slow.

Please download this file and preview this on your phone to see the jittery animation bug.

Cheers!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ( Mac OS ) Error 52 - When opening cloud document.

Software Info:

Mac OS - Mojave 10.14.4.4
    XD - 18.1.12.1
    Creative Cloud Desktop - 4.8.1.435
    Core Sync - 4.2.1.51

Adobe Log Files - Sent uploaded location link to xduv@adobe.com

Problem:

When trying to open a cloud document in XD, presented with an Error 52. Please see attached file for reference.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Alex:

Sorry to hear you’re seeing an error when opening XD Cloud document. Sometimes the Adobe Sync service gets into a bad state and this can happen.

Some troubleshooting I encourage you to try:
    - Restart the system (how many times have you heard that? :)
    - Create/save/close/open new cloud file
    - Retry opening your file

There’s also a scenario where pending updates can interfere with Adobe Sync. Here’s a page with details on how to proceed, https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html

I’ve reached out directly for log file request.

Hope this helps!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

4. Edges of a duplicate shape are visible from behind the original

If I have two "duplicate" shapes of different colors stacked on one another, the edges of the one behind are visible, almost as if there's a border (though it is in fact borderless).

XD ver 18.1.12.1 on Mac

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Black screen for Mobile & warped view on tablet. When viewing public link.

Black screen for viewing mobile via public link.
    Warped/squished view on tablet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Share for development, only 2 screens appear.

Created the link (share for development) suddenly I appear to not be able to update my 'share for development' link. Very annoying as my team and me come from a Sketch background. My creative director is laughing at me..
    "Just use Sketch"..I can see his point.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Matt,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble using the sharing functionality in XD. If you can describe the issue you are seeing in a little more detail, I can help figure out what’s going on.

From the subject of your post, it sounds like your published prototype or design spec does not contain all of the screens you expect it to?

If that is the case, this is likely due to the fact that not all your screens are wired from the home artboard.

When publishing, XD includes all artboards that are accessible FROM the home artboard. This means that if there is an artboard that is only wired TO the home artboard, or not wired at all, it won’t be included in the prototype.

We have some enhancements in progress to help make this easier to understand and reduce the friction around sharing workflows in general.

If…

7. Refresh rate drop to as low as 5fps on 120Hz monitor

I have an Acer Predator X34P monitor with 120Hz refresh rate. It has a builtin fps counter and when i start adobe xd, there is a huge fps drop depending on where my cursor is. I tried disabling NVIDIA GSYNC, updated to latest driver and it did nothing.
    What should I do ? Adobe XD is now pretty much unusable now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. After Effects Crashes during save and appends strange sequence of numbers to file (see image). This did not start happening until 16.1.1

Every few times After Effects tries to save in 16.1.1, it crashes and creates a weird file with a four digit and a ten digit numeric string attached (see image). The crash seems to happen in files using Video Copilot plugins, but this never happened until the recent update to 16.1.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-notXD-otherApp  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. MacOS: disconnecting larger screen external screen results in inactive area

After disconnecting my macbook from my usb-dock with a bigger screen, part of XD becomes unresponsive and does not react to any input.

Video: https://youtu.be/L1GrDwxqTp4

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remove fractions of pixels

Whenever I see something out of alignment is caused by fractions of a pixel 11.9, 12.6 etc. and it's impossible to fix it by click and drag I have to manually type in width 200px to correct the designs.

What use cases are there for designers needing fractions of pixels as the default state?
    Align to pixel bug does not fix this issue, it can mess up the designs even more as others have pointed it out with svgs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Asset Search Cursor Jumps While Typing

Repro:

- Search assets for “symbol 34”

- Highlight “34” to change your search string to “symbol 35”

- Type “35”
    - Notice: after you enter “3” the cursor jumps to the beginning of the line and adds the “5” in the wrong place

See attached file for screenshots

p.s. wouldn't it be great if I could paste screenshots directly into this text box like I can in Jira and other bug tracking tools :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Color picker lag motion

while i used the color picker, i have a problem the cursor lag movement. it move delay.
    i used OMEN Mouse 400 on window 10 with Adobe XD 18.0.12.9 version. but i used another mouse and touch pad on the same computer it works perfectly. so when i used a OMEN Mouse 400 on another computer( MacBook Pro) it works without any delay.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  2 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Right Hand Menu Goes Black when switching between Design and Prototype mode.

When switching from Design to Prototype mode - Right hand menu goes completely black. Switching from Prototype back to Design shows the menu. Anytime the switch occurs the right hand menu goes black. Running latest XD 18.0.12.9 on 13" Macbook Pro ver. 10.14.4.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. CC Libraries graphic are low resolution when imported

Some (not all) graphics which are made in photoshop become very small/lowres when imported into XD.

When they are imported in some photoshop file, everything looks great.

Is there some maximum resolution that XD can handle?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adobe XD closes after going to full screen or switching between design and prototype tabs

I've added the dump file in a previous issue I filed - but with no response for over a month.

Its been two updates since I filed my last issue and the problem presists. I can't go full screen and can't go to prototyping without the software closing.

Here's the dump file:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YLJFYu3Pqb0RJiaZ-zFlzUK8cN0R1Afj/view?usp=sharing

Please help! I can hardly work with XD for quite some time and its my main work tool :(

Linked to my previous issue:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/36657961--win10-adobe-xd-closes-when-either-going-full-scr

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Black screen when trying to desktop preview

My Adobe XD version is 12.0.12.10.

I've been trying to prototype a mobile app but it doesn't seem to work. When I click 'Desktop Preview' it just comes up with a black screen with a white line through the middle.

It would not work with the image 'prototype 1'. However with 'prototype 2' it works.

I don't see it being a dimension issue as I've already reduced the dimensions of the mock ups in prototype 1 to something lower to fit the screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. .sketch file rendering bug: Button text alignment

When opening a .sketch file, the text on the buttons doesn't keep its alignment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Some elements are missing when exporting x2 or x3

Some elements are just not exporting when I choose my Artboard and export it for Web/iOS in x2 or x3. We tried it on several Mac's already. the artboard is quite big 1400 x 21963.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adobe Illustrator Scripting VERY slow - C#

Hello,

i'm developting a small library to access PathObjects in Illustrator (works fine for CS2, CS5, CC2015) - but i have performance problems with CC2019. I am using VS2017.

Code looks like:

Type AIType = Type.GetTypeFromProgID(AIAppName);

dynamic illuApp = Activator.CreateInstance(AIType);

if (illuApp == null)

{

return;

}

if (illuApp.Documents.Count < 1)

{

return;

}

System.Array lll = illuApp.ActiveDocument.selection;

if (lll != null)

{

for (int i = 0; i < lll.Length; i++)

{

dynamic path = lll.GetValue(i);

if (path != null)

{

var lll2 = path.PathPoints;

Application.DoEvents();

int iSelCount = lll2.Count;

if (iSelCount >= 4)

{

string sss = path.typename;

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-notXD-otherApp  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Interface icons missinng

Often interface icons like drop down triangle, check mark that appears next to "saved", aren't displayed correctly

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base