Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Text Style doesn't follow reformated text.

When I have a mix of text styles (say regular and bold weight of the same font) in a body of text, inserting new lines above the 'minority' weight causes it to 'lag' behind as the text is displaced.

This has the effect of moving the area that is in a different font weight backwards through the body of the text such that earlier words are now in that minority weight.

In the images attached note the style of the three phrases "Similar Solutions"; "Similar Problems"; and "Extended Logic", and the passage "freeist associations possible".

As line spaces are inserted…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Responsive artboard doesn't work in reviewer mode

Responsive artboard works well in design mode but if I export it to "reviewer" there is nothing responsive anymore (tried 100 different settings - no chance)

xd version:18.2.12.2
    mac os: 10.14

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Misaligned highlight on assets panel

I just wanted to select the type styles to delete them and yeah this weird bug happened.

Check the gif.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I have a problem running adobe xd although I have updated all drivers in my laptop(window 10)

I have a problem running adobe xd although I have updated all drivers in my laptop(window 10)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  1 comment  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3d preformance

Hey,

I create a 3D Illustration in Illustrator, to paste it in my Xd Prototype.
    After that, my Auto-animation was rly bad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. renaming a symbol in assets panel does not rename to layers panel

when I rename a symbol in the assets panel, the symbol name does not change in the layers panel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  5 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Text bounding box cannot be made to wrap around the text without padding

Hello,

I've been having an issue with the text boxes XD creates.
    Whenever I use the font Playfair and Lato (both Google fonts) I get a padding from to top and bottom of the text box.
    This becomes an issue because these files get exported to Zeplin, and our developers see CSS that doesn't actually exist, sue to extra spacing creating by the padding of the text box.

Is there any chance this could get fixed soon?
    Thank you so much!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adobe XD hang my PC and crashed on Windows 10 home, corrupt the cloud documents

Adobe XD hang my PC and crashed on Windows 10 home, corrupt the cloud documents

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Text Colour change bug

Slows down and lags while changing text colour. Happens each and every time.
    Re-installing XD won't fix it.
    Re-installing complete CC won't fix it.
    We need at least temporary fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. XD mobile prototype does not open in full screen

I tried to view prototype on my phone using Chrome, and I have enabled full-screen prototype in XD but my prototype is not displaying in full screen. There is white space on both the sides and browser doesn't go to full screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you please share the prototype link with us privately so that we can take a look on our side and investigate?
    It might be because of how you have defined the viewport for the artboard inside of XD. But it would be good if we can confirm the same.

11. in symbol not flipped...

If the figure in the symbol is flipped horizontally or vertically while the symbol is rotated, it is enlarged.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Undo is greyed out

I updated recently, this function was working fine until after the update.

1. Version: 18.1.12.1 running on Windows 10 Pro.
    2. Working in Adobe XD - adding and changing items
    4. Undo is greyed out, ctrl+z not working either. Only option is to restart program, and if you are really unlucky, then you have bad changes that you now need to redo completely to fix because undo didnt work previously, and you had to save work with errors in to not lose other valuable work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. localization bug in the Plugin panel

When the Plugin panel is opened in Ja_jp, each plugin entry has a text "その他を表示", which really doesn't make sense. I assume it means "show more" or "show details", and if so, it should be "詳細を表示".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  0 comments  ·  Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SVG Gradient Export Angle Wrong

XD version: 18.1.12.1

When exporting the attached icon file to SVG the coloured gradients in the top of the illustration are on the incorrect angles when displayed on the web.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SVG Gradient Export Angle Wrong

XD version: 18.1.12.1

When exporting the attached icon file to SVG the coloured gradients in the top of the illustration are on the incorrect angles when displayed on the web.

Attached is the incorrect exported svg as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. No paste on out of view artboards

When I have a common element, say navigation, that is all wired up and I want to preserve the wired links I copy/paste in Prototype mode. I typically do this with a single paste after selecting multiple artboards and this generally works well. However, I just noticed that if I select multiple artboards and some of the artboards are out of view when I go to paste, only the visible artboards receive the pasted item(s). Seems to be true in Design and Prototype view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Prototype Link not updating

I have a file that I've had a link to share for review for over a month. Yesterday I made some updates, and then went to update the link again, and it's not updating. I tried it again a few times today, and even opted to get a new link, and that new link isn't including the updates either.

I am on version 18.1.12.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry to hear you are having trouble using the sharing feature in XD. Can you provide a little more detail about what you are seeing missing when doing an update? Are you changing the content of an artboard and it isn’t showing up in the updated prototype? Or are you missing entire artboards you have added? Note that XD only publishes artboards that are accessible from the home artboard.

If you are still having trouble, please send your XD file and the URL you are trying to update to AdobeXDSharingSupport@adobe.com and we can investigate further.

18. Safari browser conflicting with show square grid shortcut (⌘+')

Version 18.1.12.1, CC 4.2.2.13
    Mac OS 10.14.4

Not sure which side it is on - could be an OS issue. It's been driving me crazy for weeks as toggling square grid on and off is probably most used shortcut. I've discovered that launching Safari stops this keyboard shortcut from working. I have checked system preferences and forums, and deactivated all the possible keyboard shortcuts I can find. The only work around I have so far, is to log out, restart my computer, and then use Chrome or Firefox. Showing Guides is unaffected (⌘+Shift+')

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adobe XD error 47

Hi; none of my previously designed Adobe XD will open! I get the following error message:

There was an error opening the file Copy of "my filename.xd" (Error code: 47)

Adobe XD 18.1.12.1
    Open Adobe XD, file, open, my file
    I expect my file to open
    Get the same error message

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Glad we got a chance to connect directly on this Raul!

Happy I was able to share about XD Cloud docs! And that it will be a better workflow for you. From our discussion, the system you’re saving your files is not as reliable as you’d like and was resulting in the problem. If you do manage to get the files and they’re not working, reach out and we’ll go from there.

Thanks!
    Nina

20. Error trying to update an existing prototype

Adobe XD Version 18.1.12.1 (Start), Creative Cloud Sync 4.2.1.51

Process:
    1. Open existing XD file.
    2. Click 'Share' button at top right. And select 'Share for Review'.
    3. As link already exists I choose 'Update' and then, 'Error 55:47' occurs.

*Clicking 'New link' always works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Alba,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble updating your prototype. Are you sure you haven’t deleted the prototype? An Error 55 indicates that the prototype you are trying to update no longer exists.

One way to confirm is to do the following:

1/ Visit https://assets.adobe.com/links
    2/ Confirm you see the prototype you are trying to update.
    3/ To ensure you are looking at the right one – click the thumbnail to open the prototype in your browser. Note the URL.
    4/ From the XD desktop app, open the link you are trying to update by clicking on the Open in browser button in the XD sharing popup.

If the two links match, and you see receive an error 55 when trying to update, please send an email to AdobeXDSharingSupport@adobe,com with the URL to the prototype, and we can investigate further.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base