Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Icons export

While exporting icons for iPhone, sometimes it happens that only 1x and 2x icons are exported but no 3x icon is exported.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto-Animate increment/decrement input number values

In Prototyping View I expect to be able to increment / decrement the duration values in the input fields with the arrow keys. Unfortunately it doesnt work as expected. Its inconsistent, kind of.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  4 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Layers hide/go away when deselecting

Layers automatically hide/go away when deselecting,
    When I want to deselect an object, I click in the clipboard space and the layer i am working on clears out and resets to the layer list.

Also when selecting multiple items from each artboard I am unable to see all layers and items at the same time in the layer panel. Layer behavior doesn't behave like illustrator.

Also when I lock an object it doesn't really lock, example, I lock an object, I attempt to select an object behind it and am unable to because the locked object continues to become the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

moved-to-feature-requests  ·  1 comment  ·  Core Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Changes to shared file aren't reflected for every user

Here's the flow:

- I created a shared file several months ago, Shared for review, & invited another designer to work on it.
    - The other designer worked on it for a month or so, and asked that I update the "shared for review" link.
    - I opened the file. No "Accept changes" dialogue appeared.
    - I updated the link successfully.
    - The other designer opened the preview and realized that only some of her changes appeared in the link preview.
    - When we compared the file on her computer and my computer (100% sure it was the same shared…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. XD should automatically pick up the saved location when i'm exporting the artboard as PNG

Steps are briefed here

1. I saved the XD file in my desktop location
    2. I'm trying to export the artboard as PNG
    3. XD will automatically show the different location(what i used to save different file). It should automatically pick the current location where the current file i saved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adobe XD doesn't always start

Hi,
    This bug didn't happen until recently, this is the 7th-8th time it actually happens. but it seems to be happening every day, right after I start my computer. So when I start XD, only the window with the minimize/close buttons appear, nothing more. I wait, and nothing happens. I have to close the window, then start XD again to have it working. Sometimes I have to actually repeat the above process two or three times.

I have a friend who cannot open XD at all. This is our bread and butter, these issues should not exist, especially in such…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Share for review creates low resolution jpegs

No matter the resolution I created my jpegs when I share for review the prototype link looks low resolution. Is this a setting?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reset to master doesn't show master version

1. v19.2.22.3
    2. Resetting an component to master
    3. See an exact copy of the master instance
    4. Old elements of the component shows up

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Keeps crushing on windows ,unable to open creative cloud

Keeps crushing on windows ,unable to open creative cloud

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cannot use Alt to duplicate multiple artboards

In prototype mode when I try to duplicate multiple artboards with existing links by holding alt and dragging, it either doesn't do it at all or stacks a bunch of duplicates on top of the existing artboards. After attempting the duplication it somehow stops ctrl + z from working and sometimes prevents saving.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Losing information already saved

I really do not understand why some things happen with Adobe XD. this is the second time I've saved a project, and when I go to open it, it simply opens an older file, which I already had a balance before. I simply missed a day's work because XD resolved to unload information already saved in the project.

My version is on 19.2.22.3, and I attuned it to just over 1 hourr

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Immediately states out of date and needs to update on fresh install, then won't update.

Fresh download and install today via installer, states it is out of date immediately. I click 'update' rather than quit, and it just quits. Cannot install update. Never has been installed - fresh install on latest Mac OS. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that doesn't work either.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 共有機能を利用できない

組織で共有が無効になっているため、この機能は使用できません。
    というエラーメッセージが表示されます。

ネット上で検索してもどうすれば利用可能になるかわかりません。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix position doesn't works

1.- 19.1.22.6
    2.- I design the screens, group some elements (to make some footer) and press "fixed position".
    3.- That works that funcionality. I need it a lot, to test my prototype.
    4.- This group disappear when I try to see it like preview on my notebook or mobile. It worked for me, until October (2018).

PS: I wrote months ago, and there's no answer.

Thanks in advance!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Auto Animate Dissolves instead of animating - Chrome

The auto animate feature dissolves instead of animating on web prototypes. This doesn't occur in every instance in the prototype.

Just started running into this issue, has been working fine until now. I've tried on multiple browsers with no luck.

I can share a screen capture video, just not in public.

XD Version 19.1.22.6

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sharing Prototype limits to 11 pages

Every time I share a prototype it limits to 11 pages. When there is no prototype in the design (like no animation/actions) it shows the full 18 pages.

I tried renaming dartboards, restarting, and creating a whole new file and it keeps happening.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Xbox Controller does not recognized

I ve tried so many projects, news one and I uninstalled and installed XD three times but my controller has never recognized. The keyboard works but not my controller. I asked on the slack group and we adviced me to close (steam, origin etc...) but nothing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

moved-to-feature-requests  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Crash on XD at startup (V 19.1.22)

After I run the XD (V 19.1.22) I see a grey screen then it freezes, after a couple of seconds it crashes. The previous versions work fine.

Also, when installing both versions at the same time, the oldest version fails at installing on Creative Cloud App

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sometimes copying guides is not active

Sometimes copying guides is not active - not sure way. With right-click on the guide and "Copy" is not available.

Windows ver. 19.1.22.6

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Windows: Clicking Escape doesn't exit Options panel when focus is on Lock icon

Version: XD19

Steps:
    1) Draw a rectangle
    2) Set width value, press tab
    3) Set height value, press tab
    4) Lock icon is focused

Expected: I expect to be able to exit just like I can in any of the other text fields, however the blue outliner is telling me the lock icon is still active.

Actual result: I cannot exit, lock icon stays focused.

Workaround: Press tab once more and you can exit again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base