Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unresizable Main Window Obscured by MacOS Menu Bar

On a 13" Retina MacBook Pro Early 2015 model, when launching XD, the first window that appears (presumably the primary or welcome window), where you either start a new design or open a previous one, is set to a fixed size. Unfortunately, the particular size it's set to is so large that it's covered by the MacOS menu bar on the bottom, which means it's impossible to see or read content that's underneath it unless you set the menu bar to auto-hide in the MacOS system preferences. The window doesn't allow maximization, so unless the page is large enough to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Importing assets scatters the order

After importing assets from a cloud document, the order of the assets in the panel is randomly sorted, where in the original document it is different because it has been purposefully manually organized.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. No snapping with inner elements while resizing artboard.

Hi guys!

I'm having this annoying bug when resizing the artboards trying snap to a footer in it.

If you try to make the artboard snap to the bottom of the footer (Or any other element contained in the artboard) the snap lines don't appear, but, if you take that element outside of the artboard and then resize the artboard to it, then it will snap.

Shouldn't this work both ways? for outer elements and inner elements when talking of the artboard?

Check the attached video for further example.

Cheers!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Repeat Grid cropping with shadow

Is there any way to make your repeat grids stop taking into account the shadows width/height?

This is exactly the same problem that we had with the Component Cropping, and that was fixed already, but it was maintained on the repeat grid https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/37640830-component-cropping .

I attach an example of the problem.

cheers!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adobe Xd too slow and crashing (MacOS Mojave) (Xd Version 22.0.12.12)

Adobe Xd version: 22.0.12.12.
    Very slow, crashing all the time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Undo (cmd+z) stops working

Undo stops working specifically after copying and then pasting a component. The undo command is greyed out in the menu and the key command is inoperable for any subsequent changes. You have to shut down the project and reopen to resolve it. I'm having to be careful not to paste any components at the moment.

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6
    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. REPEAT GRID BUG/PROBLEM: Bounding box expanded beyond elements with drop shadows

You've fixed the bounding issue on components but it's still a problem with the Repeat Grid function.

Look at the attached file, please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. scroll bar

Is there any way for XD to make side vertical scroll bar visible for vertical scrolling. This is on the page where the user can view the pages and can add comments? The scroll bar is there but not visible. I can scroll up and down with my mouse using the invisible scroll bar.
    XD 2019 CC
    Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (32-bit)
    IE 10 and above

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Missing Fonts feature doest not appear on new files after recent updates

We have different team members using Mac and Windows, this usually causes a lot of fonts conflicts, we have been using the Missing Fonts feature to work around this but after the recent updates, the Missing Fonts feature does not appear on newer files. What happened?
    Please find attached one screenshot of an older file showing the Missing Fonts feature and also the Font conflict alert on the properties panel. And a screenshot of a newer file for testing that is not showing the Missing Fonts feature but still showing the Font conflict on the properties panel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Component text colour doesn't update

I have a UI Kit stored as cloud document. This kit contains a colour palette and a number of reusable components.

Some of colours defined in this UI Kit are, for example, a primary and secondary text colour.

The scenario is as follows:
    I create a new document and I import the assets from my cloud-saved UI Kit.
    I place a component, containing text, on my artboard.
    I edit the text of within the component.
    If I now go back to my master document, and edit the primary text colour, that colour does not reflect on the instances of the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Aligned left elements are moving when resizing a mask

Hi there,

I have several elements in a mask, these elements are all aligned left and they all have a fixed width.

When I resize the mask they move... but only when I make the mask shorter, they do not move if I make it longer...

Any idea?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Component bounding box issue with Lines

On version 22.0.12.12 on Mac 10.14.1

When lines are turned into components they seem to have strange issues with the bounding box when resizing them. See attached video.

Not sure if it's related, but they also seem to disappear periodically from view unless I reset them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adobe XD open and closes, don't start.

Hi. After every actualization my Adobe XD open for a while and then, he closes before even started. So, I have to
    uninstall and install the drivers of my graphic card, every single time, is very annoying.

So, what can I do to this won't happen again?
    P.S: My drivers are always updated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Component broken and can't delete

I'm using 20.0.12.12

There is a component that is broken. There is no way to delete it, and you can't drag it onto a page. All linked instances are showing the red link icon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. polygon tool. when i create a polygon, i cannot use up and down arrow to add or decrease sizes

1. version 22.0.12.12, and i am using a window 10 system PC
    2. create a triangle by using polygon tool, and press up and down arrow key
    3. i expect the size would be increased or decreased.
    4. the size doesn't change but the shape start move up or down.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Font Baseline and Accents

When selecting certain fonts in XD, from Adobe Fonts and other foundries, the baseline/line-height is way off. This makes it incredibly difficult to create visuals which are accurate.

I've attached an image showing the issue (also shows how off the colour is between the two apps! #4a0c90)

Also, when adding accents, these get chopped off when editing text and then appear after editing is completed. :/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Component name reset

Component names keep resetting to "Component-1..etc" even after I rename them. On Desktop this is ok. However when viewing the prototype on iOS app the transition animations don't render correctly. I have to fix the names of the components for the animations to work correctly.

The issue occurs on iOS 12 & 13, and MacOS Mojave
    Here's a demo file showing the issue on iOS and MacOS
    you can see that the Prototype on MacOS handles automate (even with the wrong component names wrong) just fine, whereas the iOS app does not render the animations properly.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RlswXysAUB5c3S2oKzsHzbY-2crmTbNr
    Additionally, I am…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Design Specs a bit slow, has poor latency.

This is not exactly a bug, more rather like a request to improve performance for the design specs on the browser. Spec sheets on the browser are a bit too slow, almost unbearable. It's very possible that it's my computer only as the devs don't seem to have a problem with them. Just a bit of a bummer because Adobe XD performs brilliantly on my computer and it'd be nice if I could explore my own design spec sheets.

Here are my computer specs if it helps:

macOS High Sierra (version 10.13.6)
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)
    Processor: 2.3 GHz…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ungrouping components also ungroups sub-components included

If you ungroup a component that incorporates other components, the other components are also ungrouped.

Eg: Component is a contact form, with text, line shapes and pre-existing components for text input. If I ungroup/release this, the pre-exisiting components are also released. They stay in a group, but aren't a component anymore.

I'd expect the ungrouping to only be 'one-level' deep.

Hopefully that makes sense. I'm running Xd 22.0.12.12

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for the extra information – this happens with linked components that have nested components and you unlink the outer component. I believe there are historical reasons for this behavior, but it’s reasonable to say it is also unexpected behavior and so I have logged a bug internally for it.

As a workaround, you could first convert the linked component in the Assets panel to a local component, and then ungroup it. That will provide the desired behavior when you ungroup the outer component.

Thank you,
    Joe

20. Design Specs Not Working For Some Components

If a design using components is uploaded as a Design Specs link (for development) sometimes these items are grouped and developers can get no information from them. This isn't the case for every component though.

Eg 1: The navigation section in my file is a component. It contains shapes, text and other nested icon components. According to the design specs, this is just one big rectangular block.

Eg 2: The buttons in my design are components. Within the design specs link, these are easily looked at as 2 separate parts - shape and text.

Eg 3: The footer is similar…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base