Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Content disappears if artboard is a certain length

Hello

I read this was fixed with the recent update but I'm still having the same issue. Basically when my artboard reaches a certain length the content either disappears entirely or gets cut off.

This is useful when designing a one page website where the content exceeds a certain length.

Thanks

James

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

Yes, the issue was resolved in our latest release. But perhaps you’re seeing a different case that’s similar?

Some details to help dig into this:
    - XD version
    - OS version
    - XD prototype link
    - XD file if you can
    - What length is the artboard you’re seeing problems with?
    - Have you tried making some edits & resharing? Perhaps it needed a refresh for the changes to show up.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

2. Can't name layers with AltGr characters like {[]}

Can't name layers with AltGr characters like {[]}, Windows 10, XD 13.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

What keyboard shortcut modifier in addition to AltGr? Can you use the special characters you mention by selecting them in the keyboard directly? They do work for me on EN setup with RS4 + XD13.

Have you by any chance installed any plug-ins? It’s possible the developer may have mapped the keyboard shortcut previously set by the OS for these special characters.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

3. XD files overwritten by old file.

I have worked on a project for a while. I last updated and published it mid-October. However I cannot find that file. It is not in my trash, which I haven't emptied since September. It is not in my cloud files. It is not on my Mac. All that remains is the derivative file with the same name which was last modified in February, without any of the last 8 months of work. It appears all my work has been written over by an 8 month old save with the same name.... Please help me find a solution to this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Liam:

Can you tell me what version of XD you’re working with? What about OS version.

What location were you saving the file you mention. Was it ever saved to an external drive? Is it at all possible you renamed in the Finder? What about recent files? Is there an instance there that appears to point to
    the more recent version of the file?

Unsaved files at exit appear in recent list with “*” icon in name. If there was any app issue, crash recovery may have kicked in. For that case, temporary files are saved in the following location: ~/Library/Application/Support/Adobe/Adobe XD CC

Is it possible that you opened the old file unintentionally and save to same location as your updated one?

Let me know if any of the above helps.

Cheers!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

4. Imported Sketch-project stops being editable

Running the latest version of XD, imported a project from Sketch V52.2. All assets imported okay, but when after making one edit, all artboards stops responding to clicking and keyboard shortcuts. I can still save project and use the main menu, but I have close the document, reopen it in order to make one edit and then it stops responding again. The layers are not locked, I can lock and unlock them with no change. The document only becomes editable again when I close and re-open it, but for one edit only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. World ready only translates on language

Get this error on one of my artboards not sure if it's on the plugin side or XD.

It's the world ready plugin that it happens with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

third-party-plugins  ·  0 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Grid jumps back to deafult after setting

Grid jumps back to default closing app.

I have on numerous occasions run into the grid resizing itself to default, after adjusting it - and closing the document when finished. Working on a mac (high sierra) my XD (13.0.12.14) on reopening a document has changed its grid.

I want a 12 columns grid with some gutter - nothing fancy - but its doesnt keep .

pls fix this :)

Thanks

Wouter - 0031648509525

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. error code 47

I got error code 47.

Adobe XD CC version: 13.0.12.14
    macOS High Sierra version: 10.13.6

Please fix it quickly.
    Thank you in advance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Can you please tell me more about your issue?

• does it happen with any file?
    • does it happen with only 1 file?
    • where is the file located on your system? Local drive/cloud?
    • how did it happen? Is it a new file or an existing one?
    • was the file working properly before the upgrade?
    • did you machine crash at any point while dealing with this file?

Cheers,
    M.

8. Linked files not updating properly

When I copy paste a File the Linked Files revert back to a state that does not exist any more
    ERROR:
    1. Symbols have to be unlinked and then copy pasted in section. Very laborious activity, even then it a hit or miss.
    2. Sometimes, it's impossible to copy paste. T
    3. The descriptions change to an old state that does not exist in any files anymore. This is by far the most annoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-investigation-in-progress  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [Windows] Space bar stops being able to pan randomly

Updated this morning. Build 13.0.12.14

Randomly, it seems. The space bar stops working to switch tools to allow for art board panning.

I don't have any repro steps yet but when I do I'll update.

Also no real way to demo it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Scott:

Thanks for sharing your observations! There’s a number of things that could be going on.

We’ve got an ongoing issue whichI think may be the most likely given what youv’e shared, https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/34689346

One of the top culprits is outdated drivers. I’d definitely recommend seeing if there’s any updates for your card. We’ve also started to see some performance slow downs in XD with Win10 RS5 (1809).

Let me know if any of the above seems like what you’re observing or if you think we’re looking at new stuff.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

10. Tags on comments are not properly sanitized

When writing comments on Adobe XD, the sanitisation of the string (removal of possibly harmful script tags from the text) seems not to be done in the best way.

Some html tags are converted to plain text (like <div> or <b>) but some, including unrecognised tags, just disappear from the comment.

I found that when replying to a comment trying to use words between <> to state a dynamic text and that disappeared from the final comment. In the attachment is the same comment posted and when editing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. XD Plug-Ins

There are many programs that don't give you an option to get out of the system. You have to proceed and "sign-up". The only way to get out of it is by opening your task manager and forcing XD to quit... not the ideal. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Guardado de archivos en assets.adobe.com/files en formato zip

1. Version de Adobe XD 13.0.12.14
    2. Guardar archivo en Creative cloud files en formato .xd
    3. Poder ver mis archivos en mi andorid.
    4. El archivo se guarda en formato .zip

Cada vez que guardo un archivo .xd en mi "carpeta creative cloud files" para poder observarlos desde mi android, el archivo se guarda en "assets.adobe.com/files" en formato zip y no me deja verlos en mi android.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Greetings Domingo:

I’ve seen this in a different post. The current workaround is to sync the folder to your local drive and open from there. Something else that has helped some users:
    - Copy the file to a local folder on your computer
    - Open it in Adobe XD
    - Save it under a different folder in CC
    - Sync the folder

Hope this helps!
    Nina
    Adobe XD
    Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

13. Scroll speed too fast in google chrome preview

Scrolling prototype is too fast in google chrome preview.
    When I open any prototype and scroll with scroll_button it directly scroll to end of page and when scroll up it move to start of page.

This happen in chrome only it works fine on firefox. I don't know if it is problem with browser update of not. because previously it was working fine.
    Please heck accordingly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adobe XD auto ainmate dont works in windows not a single time after rleasing i am tired of following youtube ivideos i fllowed Adobe XD own

Adobe XD auto ainmate dont works in windows not a single time after releasing i am tired of following youtube videos i also followed Adobe XD own tutorials

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fonts available in Photoshop but not in Adobe XD

I've installed several fonts on my Windows 10 system ( in C>Windows>Fonts), and they are available for me to use in Photoshop , but Adobe XD shows them (as well as other fonts) as missing fonts. Can you please tell me how to fix this, so I can create my prototype? The fonts I'm trying to use in XD are the Apple fonts (SF Pro Display and SF Pro Text).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Text objects not responsive

Using XD Version:13.0.12.14
    Mac OSX 10.12.6
    Processor: 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
    Ram: 64 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Harddrive: 200 GB SSD
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA TITAN Xp 12287 MB

Everything about XD seems to be functioning fine until I want to edit a text object.

Steps to reproduce the bug:
    Create a new file.
    Start designing with shapes.
    Add a text object with 5-10 characters - (no problems)
    Add another text object with 5-10 characters - (no problems)
    Click on one of those text objects to edit it...
    Wait for XD respond to your input.
    If you type…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Old revision is displayed when opening workfile - new work missing

Yesterday I opened a file to continue work. An old version was opened at first, but after I had desperately tried to open various files - my latest work suddenly appeared when I opened the same file I had tried initially.

I created a new file (save as) in order to make sure that I had a new revision available. Today the same thing has happened. My work from yesterday is gone and the additional file (rev b) I made yesterday is missing from folder. I am only left with the initial file I made.

I experienced a lot of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 版本12.0.12.10,很多SVG无法直接导入!

以前的版本可以直接粘贴导入的svg图形,现在都不行了!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Online prototype very slow, laggy and jerky

I have a website - about 10 pages, all images are scaled before importing and are at 72di (all under 300kb) so no reason that there should be a size issue.

When previewing my self and my client cannot scroll - it's very laggy and jerky which is causing me to use Invision as it's unworkable.

It's been like this for a few months - I though the updates would solve the issue.

It's not my computer or internet connection as the issue is the same whereever I test it - even on a brand new macbook with a 100mbps…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the update Nathan! I’ve had a colleague give it a go on 10.13 with external monitor and they’re seeing what I do where it takes ~20-30secs to load the design, but after that navigation is quick.

For Surface, I’ve seen a lot of issues when users don’t keep the video card drivers up to date. So that’s the first place I’d start. I’d check the webgl settings, especially in Chrome.

Can you share specific artboards where it’s slowing down? That may help to see what might be happening.

20. New Drag Feature

Tried out the new Drag gesture. As explained in the new video, I replicated same design. and prototyped. But it just does not let me drag. Instead it fades. The feature does not work at all as shown. tried multiple times. I tried this on my Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base