Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Still can navigate wired artboards in IOS preview

In the Windows preview screen linked artboards work as described here: https://helpx.adobe.com/br/xd/help/adobe-xd-on-mobile-faq.html
    but in the iOS app the user still can scroll right and left to navigate through linked artboards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Resize problem with "Line" object

Adobe XD version 13.1.32.8

After the update of this morning, I wanted to draw a "line" object on a prototype existing before the update. I wanted it to be horizontal (L=998, H = 0). But, when I enter the "0" on the "H", the software just make everything disappear.

This didn't happen before the update I made today. Thus, making me think this is a bug.

Cheers!
    Anthony

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can't open Apple Design Resources for iOS on Windows

I recently tried opening the Apple Design Resources made by Apple for iOS that can be found on this website https://developer.apple.com/design/resources/ and it starts downloading a .dmg file that isn't supported by Windows. I tried unzipping the file using 7Zip and WinRar but the only files I get are the ones that I attached below. I know this is not a problem of Adobe Xd itself but because of this problem there is no way for Windows users to use the official Apple Design Resources. I also tried downloading the Photoshop resources but I get an error when opening the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can't add more than 11 character styles

XD version 13.0.12.14
    Mac OS X 10.13.6

I usually need about 20 or more to account for responsive breakpoints.

For example, an H1 could have two size variants, one for XS screens and a second for XL. I'd have to create a style for each size (i.e. H1 XS and H1 XL). Attached is an elements board for clarity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings Michael:

I’m working on Mac + XD 13.1 (our latest release) and able to add 20 character styles. Not sure if there’s a limit, but for sure not 11 on my end :)

Can you provide detailed steps of how you’re going about adding that 11th style? Is it possible that you might have a text object selected which already has character style saved in the assets panel?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

5. Black Overlay over menu bar and toolbar, very irritating experience even after November update

Adobe Version: 13.1.32.8
    Windows 10 ( Cumulative update - November )
    Bug History: Existing from October update

Bug description: A black overlay is being generated on all the menus and the side toolbar every time I open Adobe XD. This bug makes the entire XD interface a black and white screen, losing the visibility of menu text and icons.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Eyedropper broken on Mac OS Mojave

On the latest version of Mac OS Mojave (10.14.1), Adobe XD's eyedropper tool gets "stuck" and only chooses colors from the actual eyedropper icon itself. It seems to be a graphics issue in connection with Mac OS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Design Specs stalling at 10%

Design spec pauses at 10 or 11%

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Text boxes do not import correctly from Photoshop

When I import a file from Photoshop to XD, all of the text moves to the upper left hand corner of the canvas and is grouped in strange arrangements. I've attached the example psd and resulting xd file below. This happens with every PSD file I open.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. line spacing is (slightly) greater than defined

Adobe XD 13.0.12.14
    macOS Mojave 10.14.1

Video description: https://youtu.be/4Tka6cI7i00
    STEPS:
    - Create a text field, define a line spacing
    - define a fixed height for an area text.
    - Line spacing in text field adds up 0.25pt to 2pt extra (whenever it is bellow the default line height for a certain text size)
    - This produces some text fields clipping off the last line of content.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greeting Yoni:

This is working as designed today. Each font has it’s own spacing so when set it adjusts to accommodate that. It looks like ~1:13 you switch to area text which adjusts to show the text within the viewable area based on the size set. So that’s also working as expected.

There’s a few feature requests that look to capture some of what you’re looking for, https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/18672550-snap-text-box-height-to-line-spacing-value

I encourage you to vote and add your comments if the above line up with what you’re trying to do. Or open a new one for anything you’re not seeing that you’d like to have in XD in future versions.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

10. Extension 'API ERROR' modal stuck and freezes Adobe XD window

Not sure if it is Adobe XD bug or the Extension itself.
    But I was working offline on a file and wanted to export to HTML 5 for exploration purposes, using 'Lightning Storm CC plugin' (v18.10.11) and i got a API ERROR modal which i can't remove and can't do anything with the window, can't even quit or save the file.

Other Adobe XD windows remain normal, only the one with modal isn't responsive

using Macbook Pro 2017 15" High Sierra, Adobe XD 13.0.12.14

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't install XD CC from restricted user.

Can't install XD CC from restricted user. After priviliges prompt the error is Installation failed. When i installed on admin account the rest of users don't see the app in CC app panel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. primaire altboard defines size... but if changed or removed doesn't scale preview

i made an dartboard with double size 2048x1536 but after I made smaller dartboards, then when I previewed the smaller ones I saw it very zoomed in.
    so I thought it was the combi...
    i removed the big one and kept the 1024x768 iPad format dartboards...
    with the same preview link ... no chancing still wrong
    so I made a new link
    and it worked.. but after making an icon on the startscreen of my iPad to play it full screen... it was wrong again!!!
    so I think this is a bug ;-)
    and I hope this help you, in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. comments truncated

Guest comments are truncated and not viewable. I'm can not view entire comments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

resolved-by-setting-update  ·  2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Cursor doesn't show active tool

Version 13.0.12.14

Regardless of what tool is selected, the cursor shows the selector tool until you actually click on something. Then it returns to the selector tool cursor as soon as you stop clicking.

This means that, when you're working quickly, you often don't know what tool is active, resulting in many mis-clicks. Users have to constantly scan the toolbar or do "trial clicks" to find out what tool is active.

The cursor should always show the active tool.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Tom:

Thanks for sharing your feedback! I wonder if what you’re seeing is expected.

I gave it a go on my Mac system w/XD 13 and here’s what I see. When I place cursor over pasteboard or artboard area, and select different tools using keyboard shortcut, it changes to reflect the active tool. If I use mouse, on mouse-down in tools bar, the cursor remains an arrow but changes to the actively selected tool when hovering over pasteboard or artboard.

If you’re seeing something different, post further.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

Can you give this a try and let me know if you see the same?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

15. PSD Inner Shadow

Hello,

Hello,

I haved a simple shape with an inner shadow in Photoshop as a PSD file. This inner shadow disappears when opening it in XD.

You may replicate that with that simple PSD file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Greetings:

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Unfortunately this is working as expected currently. The best way to manage this now is to save as png in PS and import. Though I’m guessing you might want all the layers available to edit in XD.

I did a bit of looking over in the XD feature request forum and nothing popped up as specifically addressing this. But I encourage you to take a look and upvote posts that support your requirement. As well as open new report detailing what you’re trying to do so the team can better understand what you’re looking for.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

16. Colors on Chrome

Hello.
    When I look a prototype published on Chrome, images are darker than the reality. On all the others (Edge, Mozilla, Explorer...) colors are correct. Is it a bug fixed by a patch or something known ?
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Android Nav Bar Overlays on Fixed elemented bottom menu

When we share a prototype that has a bottom menu navigation; if your stakeholders take a look at on web with an android device they can not see bottom menu; because Android bottom black nav bar covers the whole menu. So if you have bottom menu you can not share the prototype with stakeholders. Urgent problem. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Holding spacebar + mouse drag does not move the artboard

This is a unique situation that only seems to happen inside a virtual machine. I am using VirtualBox version 5.2.20 r125813 (Qt5.6.2).

When attempting to move around the artboard using the space bar + mouse drag it doesn't work. It does display the 'hand' icon but the nothing happens.

This works fine when using Adobe XD (13.0.12.14) on a physical host.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Error in sample code in plugin docs

The sample code in the docs for styling text contains a bug:
    https://adobexdplatform.com/plugin-docs/tutorials/how-to-style-text/

node.styleRange should be node.styleRanges

Might be the reason some folks are having issues with other plugins. Here's a video showing the difference.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Prototype share suddenly not appearing

Our designer has been sharing an XD prototype with great success until now - suddenly won't open in Chrome on my iMac (and did before) . Still opens OK on MacBook Pro. These errors show:

3-3aa4579535c2a83eccdd.js:1 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'disable' of undefined
    at _glDisable (3-3aa4579535c2a83eccdd.js:1)
    at /view/338f6f0f-2d31-46d6-4906-7dc6399e75ac-45be/screen/c9977b57-452c-43a7-ad7b-b562c99a35e6/iPhone-6-7-8-Home-Menu/wasm-function[1815]:17
    at /view/338f6f0f-2d31-46d6-4906-7dc6399e75ac-45be/screen/c9977b57-452c-43a7-ad7b-b562c99a35e6/iPhone-6-7-8-Home-Menu/wasm-function[870]:26
    at /view/338f6f0f-2d31-46d6-4906-7dc6399e75ac-45be/screen/c9977b57-452c-43a7-ad7b-b562c99a35e6/iPhone-6-7-8-Home-Menu/wasm-function[1423]:34
    at /view/338f6f0f-2d31-46d6-4906-7dc6399e75ac-45be/screen/c9977b57-452c-43a7-ad7b-b562c99a35e6/iPhone-6-7-8-Home-Menu/wasm-function[1740]:53
    at /view/338f6f0f-2d31-46d6-4906-7dc6399e75ac-45be/screen/c9977b57-452c-43a7-ad7b-b562c99a35e6/iPhone-6-7-8-Home-Menu/wasm-function[1199]:281
    at n._SpWebGLView_initialize (3-3aa4579535c2a83eccdd.js:1)
    at g (3-3aa4579535c2a83eccdd.js:1)
    at Fr.xr.initialize (3-3aa4579535c2a83eccdd.js:1)
    at bundle-e2bafdbd7802ec411415.js:185
    30new-relic.js:22 Uncaught Error: webglcontextcreationerror: Could not create a WebGL context, VENDOR = 0xffff, DEVICE = 0xffff, Sandboxed = no, Optimus = no, AMD switchable = no, Reset notification strategy =…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base