Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MacOS: disconnecting larger screen external screen results in inactive area

After disconnecting my macbook from my usb-dock with a bigger screen, part of XD becomes unresponsive and does not react to any input.

Video: https://youtu.be/L1GrDwxqTp4

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove fractions of pixels

Whenever I see something out of alignment is caused by fractions of a pixel 11.9, 12.6 etc. and it's impossible to fix it by click and drag I have to manually type in width 200px to correct the designs.

What use cases are there for designers needing fractions of pixels as the default state?
    Align to pixel bug does not fix this issue, it can mess up the designs even more as others have pointed it out with svgs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Asset Search Cursor Jumps While Typing

Repro:

- Search assets for “symbol 34”

- Highlight “34” to change your search string to “symbol 35”

- Type “35”
    - Notice: after you enter “3” the cursor jumps to the beginning of the line and adds the “5” in the wrong place

See attached file for screenshots

p.s. wouldn't it be great if I could paste screenshots directly into this text box like I can in Jira and other bug tracking tools :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Color picker lag motion

while i used the color picker, i have a problem the cursor lag movement. it move delay.
    i used OMEN Mouse 400 on window 10 with Adobe XD 18.0.12.9 version. but i used another mouse and touch pad on the same computer it works perfectly. so when i used a OMEN Mouse 400 on another computer( MacBook Pro) it works without any delay.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  2 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Right Hand Menu Goes Black when switching between Design and Prototype mode.

When switching from Design to Prototype mode - Right hand menu goes completely black. Switching from Prototype back to Design shows the menu. Anytime the switch occurs the right hand menu goes black. Running latest XD 18.0.12.9 on 13" Macbook Pro ver. 10.14.4.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. CC Libraries graphic are low resolution when imported

Some (not all) graphics which are made in photoshop become very small/lowres when imported into XD.

When they are imported in some photoshop file, everything looks great.

Is there some maximum resolution that XD can handle?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adobe XD closes after going to full screen or switching between design and prototype tabs

I've added the dump file in a previous issue I filed - but with no response for over a month.

Its been two updates since I filed my last issue and the problem presists. I can't go full screen and can't go to prototyping without the software closing.

Here's the dump file:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YLJFYu3Pqb0RJiaZ-zFlzUK8cN0R1Afj/view?usp=sharing

Please help! I can hardly work with XD for quite some time and its my main work tool :(

Linked to my previous issue:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/36657961--win10-adobe-xd-closes-when-either-going-full-scr

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Black screen when trying to desktop preview

My Adobe XD version is 12.0.12.10.

I've been trying to prototype a mobile app but it doesn't seem to work. When I click 'Desktop Preview' it just comes up with a black screen with a white line through the middle.

It would not work with the image 'prototype 1'. However with 'prototype 2' it works.

I don't see it being a dimension issue as I've already reduced the dimensions of the mock ups in prototype 1 to something lower to fit the screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. .sketch file rendering bug: Button text alignment

When opening a .sketch file, the text on the buttons doesn't keep its alignment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Some elements are missing when exporting x2 or x3

Some elements are just not exporting when I choose my Artboard and export it for Web/iOS in x2 or x3. We tried it on several Mac's already. the artboard is quite big 1400 x 21963.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adobe Illustrator Scripting VERY slow - C#

Hello,

i'm developting a small library to access PathObjects in Illustrator (works fine for CS2, CS5, CC2015) - but i have performance problems with CC2019. I am using VS2017.

Code looks like:

Type AIType = Type.GetTypeFromProgID(AIAppName);

dynamic illuApp = Activator.CreateInstance(AIType);

if (illuApp == null)

{

return;

}

if (illuApp.Documents.Count < 1)

{

return;

}

System.Array lll = illuApp.ActiveDocument.selection;

if (lll != null)

{

for (int i = 0; i < lll.Length; i++)

{

dynamic path = lll.GetValue(i);

if (path != null)

{

var lll2 = path.PathPoints;

Application.DoEvents();

int iSelCount = lll2.Count;

if (iSelCount >= 4)

{

string sss = path.typename;

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-notXD-otherApp  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Interface icons missinng

Often interface icons like drop down triangle, check mark that appears next to "saved", aren't displayed correctly

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't scroll on a touchpad

I'm working on:
    System Model: HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-cn0xxx
    OS Name: Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1992 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

While on sample kit downloaded from "File -> Get UI Kits -> Wireframes", whenever I zoom in using Ctrl+"+", I am unable to scroll up or down to see the elements on the document, and no scrollbars appear on either the bottom or the sides. I tried page up and page down buttons on the Keyboard and the arrow keys as well. Nothing works, I'm unable to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Savin loop with shared files

Whenever I open a XD file I have shared in my CC files section and the autosave process starts in the background (Saving...) it never stops, when I try to stop the app by clicking the X in the corner it generates a message saying the document cant be saved properly. The only way to get out of this loop is to kill XD via Ctr+Alt-Delete. I'm on Windows. Always up to date on both OS and XD. This has been going for a long time and its just one out of several issues I have when TRYING to work…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. closing xd

closing xd last version when I chosee prototipe in windows 10 home

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Half of a white screen

I don't know why, though recently, every time I try to change the name of any of the artboards of my prototype, this happens (see screenshot (44) ). And the interesting thing is that with the white half of the workspace, the mouse that is usually a black cursor edged in white reverts to it's usual white cursor edged in black when hovering around there. Adding on, the white half is dead space, no images, artboards or text can be put there. If anything, the only other way I could describe it is that the program would then act like…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. My Adobe XD didn't start

I can't start adobe xd. It just shows gray screen and after few second close.
    I try to uninstall adobe xd and adobe creative cloud but it didn't work.

Version of Adobe XD : 17.0.12
    Window 10 version 17763.379

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Copy & Paste problem

when i copy and paste text from art board to another art board, it give me a code like this "
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg&quot; width="76" height="19" viewBox="0 0 76 19">
    <text id="Percentage" transform="translate(0 15)" fill="#afafaf" font-size="16" font-family="SFProDisplay-Regular, SF Pro Display"><tspan x="0" y="0">Percentage</tspan></text>
    </svg> "

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. XD freezes on copy-pasting hidden objects

- Create a Rectangle.
    - Hide it.
    - Copy (Ctrl+C).
    - Paste (Ctrl+V) or right-click on Artboard.

After this XD will freeze for about 30secs.

XD 17.0.12.11
    Win10 x64

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adobe Font 'Interstate Bold' not working in live preview

Using the font 'Interstate' on a project. Have activated the family from Adobe Fonts but some of the weights aren't working on preview. Regular, extra light and black all work fine, just bold and light. It's falling back to some other sans-serif on those two

Version of Adobe XD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base