Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. error 44:76 with include Assets for Download

Trying to update and share a link with developers. I have 159 assets and 48 screens. I can get the file updated and shared with the assets turned off. Turn on the option for sharing the assets, gets to 100% and 30mins later times out/errors out. All my assets are SVG icons and PNG image files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adobe XD Update 20.2.12.1 Lag, Stutter, Freeze

So i made the mistake of updating my XD yesterday thinking that the newer version would run some of the new features better, but it has caused my whole computer to stutter and lag every few seconds whilst XD is open. I dont know why its done this, but i know its happened because of the update, i went back and installed and old version and tested and sure enough it was the update.

This has all happened unfortunately after files that are active for work have been save and now can only be opened with the new version. I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It will not allow me to type

I am creating a website I’m wireframeing. I created a rectangle box and I am trying to type inside of the rectangle and it won’t let me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Renaming input stays empty/Cursor dissapears/Text i type doesn't show

There have been numerous occasions (multiple times daily) when i try to rename a layer, and due to a file autosave or another undetectable issue my cursor dissapears, the input stays empty and i can't type anything anymore. This is so persistent that i have to quit xd most of the time. Sometimes switching between prototype and design brings back my cursor and text i type, in most of the instances it stays away.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Interface display problem: random black backgrounds

Just upgraded my Windows 10 and using the latest version of XD, seeing random black backgrounds every where, which makes impossible to work. No change by switching between windows dark and light mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Copy Text Element and Paste in text element. Html code result

When I was copied some text element and paste in text element again, it was seen html code. gif has been added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Not able to open XD

When I open XD from either desktop icon or directly from CC installer all I get is a big white screen. When I re-boot Windows I'm able to open XD but it opens slowly. After closing XD I'm unable to open it again and I get the same white screen, so I'm forced to re-boot Windows again and so on. Its been going on since the latest may update of XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Roll back

Unable to roll back to prior version. Sometimes theres another version number available under the Manage link in the CC installer, but if I choose that I get a text saying theres a newer version installed, so then I have to uninstall XD and repeat, but then I receive the same message telling me theres a newer version installed etc. I'm caught in this loop. It's very unstable cause if I try again, there's no option under Manage for choosing other versions all of a sudden. I can close the installer and return to it and suddenly there are two…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

third-party-plugins  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reset repeat grid spacing when set to 0 first

Made a repeatgrid from a component, reduced spacing to 0 and continued to work. Now i want to increase the spacing between items, i can't select the 'spacer' anymore. Just shows a single pixel line which i can't select.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. cross mark

There is a cross mark for the dialog boxes or the menus. which i couldn't even know how to explain. please go through the menus in the images. there is a white, water mark like thing on the menu lists.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Eye Dropper Tool flickers

The eye dropper tool flickers in and out of the screen when the magnifying glass goes through the different colours in my project as exemplified at around the 18 second mark on the following video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Double-click to modify text while moving the mouse, XD will crash and exit directly

Double-click to modify text while moving the mouse, XD will crash and exit directly. Please fix it!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SHIFT to constrain fails on inner elements within a component

XD Version 20.1.12.4
    Windows 10 - 1809 (OS Build 17763.557)

When editing ("double-clicked") a component with an inner element, if I try to constrain the size of the inner element using SHIFT, it does not constrain the size. The behavior works as expected when editing inner elements of a group ("double-clicked") but not within a component.

Draw a large circle.
    Draw a smaller square within the circle.
    Select both shapes.
    Align middle + center both shapes to each other.
    Create a component from the selection (CTRL-K).
    Double-click the component to go into editing mode.
    Select the inner square.
    Hold SHIFT…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. export to Zeplin

Export to Zeplin doesn't contain the groups as elements just export as group and no developers can't take assets inside this groups.

So i have to Un-grouping them and mark as export one by one.

Need solutions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

third-party-plugins  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Error code 88

Cannot open file

There was an error opening the file Untitled-2.xd.
    This is not a valid xd document.

XD version provided in the screenshot attached.

Windows 10 operating system

The files were saved in the my own system.

impact- the saved work cannot be retrieved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. full screen

When opening a file on an external monitor and then going full screen sometimes the artboard area is very small and you must scroll and zoom inside this window. See video

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. App is blocked by system administrator

From last Tuesday, after the update Adobe XD is not starting and throws an error that the app is blocked by system administrator. All other Adobe creative cloud apps working except XD.

1. 20.1.12
    2. On launch from Creative cloud and desktop app
    3. Application starts
    4. This app is blocked by system administrator error. I have creative cloud license.
    5. Windows 10 1803 version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. paragraph spacing on live preview (mobile)

When paragraph spacing is applied to a text area there is some strange behavior when viewing through a connected mobile in preview. The paragraph spacing appears randomly where there are no line breaks. It is fine when viewed through the preview on my main mac screen though. Not sure what could be causing this but there's definitely no rogue line breaks in my text area.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. can not share XD file in any ways online:

1. XD version: 20.1.12.4, Creative Cloud Sync 4.2.7.2
    2. Open a XD file - Select "Share" button - select "invite to edit", "share to review", "share for development" --- after creating link process, it all ends with error;
    3. when select "manage link" -- open default browser and go to adobe account page. can't find a link management page.
    3, expect to create a link to share;
    4, can not access, all end with error after the creating link process

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base