Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe XD getting closed automatically

I downloaded the Adobe XD from creative cloud, but without any notification the tool getting closed automatically when I maximize the window or when I try to open any Adobe XD file. And my friend shared a file through creative cloud I couldn't open that also. Kindly help me on this issue. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Linked component layers go out of component bounding box when renamed

I have a master asset file called "Icons" and I have taken all of my icon components and added them into a nested component in a new document to showcase all icons being used throughout our product.

To make things easier I have gone through to each icon and renamed them, however when I opened the document with the nested component and pressed "Update" to bring in the new names it took every nested component and moved the icon outside the component bounding box resulting in me having to manually move 85 icons back into the component viewport.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. XD very subtly flickers when open for too long

I have had the issue (on Mac and Windows), that XD at some point starts to flicker whenever it has to be redrawn (eg. when moving the cursor across or when panning the canvas.

The effect is very subtle and only noticable on darker elements.

I have attached a file that shows it in action. Its very subtle, so maybe not that easy to spot on the video, but it really strains the eyes when working. (at least for me)

I am using dell monitors both at work and at home, however different models.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. copy and paste into another document

I wanted to move the design to another document. Unfortunately it looks different there. all components jumped back to the original.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  9 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adobe XD: cannot deploy in Windows 10 1809

When I try to run the Adobe XD setup (version 21.0.12.11) in Windows 10 1809, one of two things happen:

If I'm the local admin, it installs fine, but only for that user. No powershell window pops up.

If I run it as the System user using psexec or Kace or Altiris, I see a powershell window pop up, but then it ultimately fails.

This seems to be the powershell command, but I think the error is with the 3rd dependency having "a newer version already installed".

C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Powershell.exe "Add-ProvisionedAppxPackage -Online -PackagePath "C:\adobeTemp\ETRBF5F.tmp\1\SparklerApp\SparklerApp.appx" -DependencyPackagePath "C:\adobeTemp\ETRBF5F.tmp\1\SparklerApp\Dependencies\x64\Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.appx" ,
    "C:\adobeTemp\ETRBF5F.tmp\1\SparklerApp\Dependencies\x64\Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.Deskto p.appx",
    "C:\adobeTemp\ETRBF5F.tmp\1\SparklerApp\Dependencies\x64\Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1. 3.appx",
    "C:\adobeTemp\ETRBF5F.tmp\1\SparklerApp\Dependencies\x64\Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.4.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Installation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Error Invalid Document Type

Hello,
    My PC turned of while designing and on re-opening, it showed this error what can I do.

Thanks

A Screenshot is below

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pasted components are linked to old version of file

I had a document which has become corrupted, showing the unable to save error whenever it's opened. I copied the contents of that file to a new document, but when I copy and paste a component from the new file to a master file, that component is linked to the outdated component from the corrupted file.

The components in the new file are the master components, with no noticeable links to the corrupted file.

1. Version 21.1.12.3
    2a. Create a master document with components linked from another file.
    2b. Copy components from corrupted file to new document.
    2c. Make changes…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. xd memory leak

I've been working with Adobe XD since it was "Project Comet". Now using the latest version 21.0.12.11. I was happy with XD performance and its lightness. But It's getting slower day by day, consume more memory, sloth response, getting hanged. Opening a XD file (19.1MB) takes too many time. I've shared the attachments to understand the problem better.

Thanks,
    Rouf

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug

When moving any illustration from illustrator to XD, the stock changed automatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Overlay loses its position if you change the animation.

Say you create an overlay and position it. Then you decide you want the overlay to slide left rather than dissolve. If you change the animation you'll have to reposition the overlay.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-open-to-fix  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Background blur effect disappears in web prototype

STEPS:
    • create a shape over any UI and switch its background blur option on;
    • in the Desktop Preview all works fine
    • in the XD mobile app all works fine
    • in the web prototype the blur effect is missing.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. program crash

The leader always crashes the program again. I already talked to the support and they helped me too. Unfortunately without success

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. SVG Gradient is rendered incorrectly in XD vs Illustrator

I have a logo created in Illustrator which has a two colour gradient. When the SVG file is imported into XD, the colours of the gradient are rendered incorrectly. When that same SVG is loaded into Illustrator the gradient is identical to the source Illustrator file.

I'm also unable to edit the direction of the gradient when clicking on the fill in XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Buttons display wrongly and unable to save changes after being idle for a while

1. Adobe Xd 21.0.12.11 (Starter)
    2. Open a Xd file, do some editions. Open another program or do whatever else to blur Adobe Xd window. After being idle for a while, go back to Adobe Xd.
    3. Work normally.
    4. Buttons display wrongly (some buttons icons replaced each other) and unable to save changes. I can't close Adobe Xd, either. I had to force the close through Windows Task Manager.
    5. Attached image shows some buttons with errors and the '*' next to the document name indicating changes were not saved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Drop shadow ruins image quality when exporting to pdf/svg

When I'm trying to export my XD file in a pdf or SVG format it ruins the quality of the shape or image if I use a drop shadow. If I remove the shadow, the quality is maintained. Can you fix this problem somehow?

Adobe XD version: 21.0.12.11

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Adobe XD crashes

After latest update (v. 21) the program fails to start. I can only see an initial white screen, and then it shuts down.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. One window of XD will make my MacBook Pro soo hot. Am I the only one with this issue?

MacBook Pro gets HOT while using XD on just average use. But not with any other apps. Is this normal or Am I the only one with this issue?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. In addition to the white screen and the sudden turn off, the zeppelin connection is lost. It feels uncomfortable because it is unstable.

When running, use xd as a white screen and suddenly turn off the zeppelin connection. As a result, the xd program is turned off all of a sudden and feels uncomfortable.

실행 시 흰 화면으로 뜨고 갑자기 꺼짐현상과 더불어 제플린 연동이 끊김 현상으로 xd를 사용하며 계속 갑자기 xd 프로그램이 꺼짐 현상 등 불안정하여 불편함을 느낍니다.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Design Specs: individual character-select (in single text-box) no longer working

Apparently the Design Specs view was recently updated. My devs like the overall concept alright, but they cannot click-in to select individual characters within a text box. This is problematic, since, as the designer, I can apply different fonts, styles, weights, and colors to different characters - all within a single text box.

I guess they used to be able to double click to access the exact specs for the characters inside the text box, but now only the text box is selecting.

So, either the designer should not be able to change the characters within the text box (please,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Paste, Undo, and Save

After extended use of XD 30+ minutes, copy paste, undo (ctrl+z and manual), and File rename stop functioning.

This requires XD restart to regain these functions.

2 other teammates are reporting the same issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base