Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe XD is constantly crashing on MacOS 10.14.4 when opening a File

After updating MacOS to the latest version 10.14.4, Adobe XD keeps crashing when I try to open any .xd file.
    Reinstalling the Application did not help to solve this problem.

MacOS 10.14.4 / AdobeXD 17.0.12.11

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. After cloud documents XD takes forever to launch/start

Hi, since last update where adobe introduced save to cloud when I start XD the window is blank for a very long time. Everything is slow, laggy, and the save button freezes randomly, even when document is saved on the computer and not cloud. The new update has made working on XD very frustrating.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Color change animation

Hello guys, I really don't know if this is a real bug but I should report, when auto animation, the object color don't make the transition steps, the color change suddenly, is that a real bug?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Crashes every time I click in Prototype

I can design and sometimes it crashes but not oftenly. But then, whenever I click in the prototype menu the program crashes.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Vector from CC Libraries loads blurry

With the new update I've tried utilizing the new ability to use vectors in CC Libraries. However, when I drop them into my XD document, they never load fully and just show blurry with a refresh button over top.

I've tried closing all of my adobe tools including the CC software manager as well as tried refreshing the images several times in XD.

Currently on a Mac Mini.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Text changed using new features does not convert in developer mode

See screen grab. Text was highlighted and changed from caps to sentence case using new casing feature. When shared for development text still showing as capitals to copy and paste.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Share for Development  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cannot edit bounds of Components

Hi, I'm trying to get my hands on the new Components for Adobe XD 19 and I find it really confusing. My XD version is 19.0.22.9.

Please view this video to see steps involved in the issue: https://www.loom.com/share/f6066984a6d54ca89b752ca923c1a0c8

As you can see in the video, removing an object within the bounds of a component does not resize the component accordingly, so there will always be an extra space left afterward.

I click and click but at lost with how to remove this extra space gap. Can you please show me how? Thanks:)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  7 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Unable to update links for development

Hello,

Since updating Adobe XD this morning, I'm unable to update the existing link for development. Couple of my colleagues are experiencing it too.
    Error msg:
    There was a problem updating the link you previously created(error 55:47:-1). Choose "New Link" to create a new link.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Image masked with path are not visible after XD update

After XD update some images masked with path are not visible in the browser. I tried everything, once the mask is changed from the shape to the path it becomes not visible. I can see it in XD but it doesn't work when I generate the link. Tommorow I have to share project with my client. I wan't to go back to the previous XD version, where everything was fine but I can't cos my project was created in the newest XD, and there is no way to save the file differently.....;( ;( ;(

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug: freeze when dragging layers

I've had this happen a couple times. I try to drag a layer when designing and it freezes over everything on my monitor. Only fix i've found is restarting my computer. Super annoying - please fix. Thanks!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't use Hand tool with Wacom (pan)

Pressing the Space Bar while using Wacom doesn't shift to the Hand tool so I may pan the document as in using the mouse (on all of adobe software).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [Win] Frequently Crashing

Frequently Crashing (while open XD app, maximize XD app window, while zooming, if open any multiple files also)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Prototyping and Copy & Paste

The current version does not allow copy-Paste to preserve interaction wires/links
    Ability to copy wires along with assets. For example, if I have a home button that will always link to the same page, it would be helpful if I didn't have to wire the button each time. This would also be helpful when duplicating artboards so the links stay intact. For example, if I need to show a dropdown menu, I would do this by duplicating the artboard and adding a wire to the dropdown menu. In this case, I would want all the existing wires to stay the…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@Antonio – The case you link to has been fixed. t’s possible that copy/paste action is happening when file is in Design mode, which does include interaction. But for this issue, I think it’s likely the keyboard stops responding which user can switch focus away and back to XD (or restart app) for resolution.

14. ui symbol font

Currently XD doesn't seem to support UI Symbol Fonts (copying the character from a universal character map and pasting into a text field) . Regardless of having the Font style set to Segoe UI Symbol Font, which should support all the characters in the library.
    This would allow for more versatile use of symbols (color, resizing, etc.) based on a standard and supported Symbol Font library.

This would also be useful for design specs, as my Dev's could pull the symbol font info, without me having to provide them with symbol files.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Share specs of table's elements

I have a shared link that doesn't spec all the elements in a group (in this case is a table - datepicker).

I attached a file with an example of the problem. In this case, it gives the specs of the horizontal lines group, some of the lines and other elements but doesn't read some lines the numbers and the blue square.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Numeric keyboard not working after May update

Ctrl+2,3 and zoom shortcuts don't work after new update (May 19).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "Reset to Master Component" Ignores Sub-component Overrides

When selecting "Reset to Master Component" it seems any overrides on subcomponents are ignored. Instead it cascades, rolling sub-components back to their master.

You can reproduce this by creating a component with the letter A, duplicating it, overriding the second and creating a wrapping component (so the component is "A" "B").

Duplicate this component ("A" "B") and update the Master Component to "Y" "Z".

Finally select "Reset to Master" on the ("A" "B") duplicate component, it should reset to ("Y" "Z") to reflect our overrides on the Master Component. Instead it resets to ("Y" "Y").

It appears rather than "Rest…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fixed position item disappears

I have set up a page to include a fixed position item on the page. When I select fixed position check box and click preview or check my preview link the item disappears. When I unclick the fixed position box the item reappears. Seems to be a bug with the fixed position tool.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Repeat grid is now including shadow in the spacing value

When an element has a shadow and a repeat grid is applied the spacing option now includes the shadow width or height as part of that padding.

version: 14.0.42.14

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG: Background blur bug

BUG: Background blur added to shapes does not affect background when these elements have fixed positions

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base