Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Apostrophe bug with Ubuntu font

I'm having an issue with apostrophes with only one font so far which is Ubuntu font.

I'm not sure if this an actual software problem (it seems to be since it works flawlessly in other softwares such as Photoshop and Illustrator) or a font issue.

The only way I have been able to bypass it is by typing it and immediately press the Escape key to quit editing the text box.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Text fonts and weight changes when copying and pasting

When copying and pasting a block of text with different fonts and weights, the styles get mixed up in the pasted version. This happens with alt-copying and cmd-c cmd-v.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Problem with Typing Text in Farsi/Persian Language

Characters disappear in Farsi language while typing and selected text, but after type mode it shows the text well. it wouldn't let you to see what you are typing and what can you select in a typed text in Farsi.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Text field size with bugged on edit mode with font size more than 22.

on the video included I show how it mess with block of view in edit mode.
    As I understand there are some max size of font rendering block, that are not affected when not in edit mode. If take off restriction on size that possible to view it vould be great.
    Basically on last 10-15 sec/ there are few sizes of font, if small (up to 20 or so) it displays correctly, if more than 20 it works similar to clipping mask and cut out character field in exit mode that became almost impossible to edit it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Copy & Paste problem

when i copy and paste text from art board to another art board, it give me a code like this "
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg&quot; width="76" height="19" viewBox="0 0 76 19">
    <text id="Percentage" transform="translate(0 15)" fill="#afafaf" font-size="16" font-family="SFProDisplay-Regular, SF Pro Display"><tspan x="0" y="0">Percentage</tspan></text>
    </svg> "

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adobe Font 'Interstate Bold' not working in live preview

Using the font 'Interstate' on a project. Have activated the family from Adobe Fonts but some of the weights aren't working on preview. Regular, extra light and black all work fine, just bold and light. It's falling back to some other sans-serif on those two

Version of Adobe XD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Geomanist font rendering (WIN10)

Text rendered with the Geomanist Regular font looks exactly same as Geomanist Book. Seems like XD is not able to apply the Regular font variant properly. This problem is not present in Illustrator or MS Word.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Problem with additional self generating top padding / spacing when working with type.

This happens with all fonts. The font used for this example was Roboto Regular 141px. The text should be rendered as in Illustrator. Example of the problem attached.

Adobe XD version: 16.0.2.8 (however this is a problematic issue since the very beginning)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  0 comments  ·  Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pasting Text - problem with some characters.

Pasting Text - problem with some characters, with accents or most used on brazilian-portuguese like "ç", ã, é and others.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base