Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I can't open XD

When you try to open it, it just crashes and closes

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [macos 10.14.2 Mojave] Macbook pro trackpad slow and laggy performance when using pinch to zoom

1. Version of XD

2. Open Xd file with 60 artboards, try to pinch to zoom in and out.

3. pinch to zoom should work without any lag and from the first pinch gesture

4. actual result is it takes at least 3 to 5 tries for Xd to recognize my pinch action to respond, which results in a laggy and frustrating experience.

Additional info:
    tried pinch to zoom on Photoshop, works flawlessly

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Re-ordering layers stops working

Sometimes trying to move layers it simply won't work. Layers stay frozen in place. Have to close and re-open the app.

And whenever this happens when I quit the app I get an error message saying "XD currently used to share content", which doesn't happen when I normally close the app. (Win10 only, haven't had this happen on my mac)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Published link not fully previewing

Preview link is not showing all components? But shows them on the document and displays fully in the "play" button function

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. High CPU usage during idle

Version of Adobe XD: 12.0.12.10
    CPU: Intel i7-7700HQ
    RAM: 16GB

This is a duplicate of https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/19836358-high-cpu-usage-during-idle but that bug is listed as inactive and is not able to be voted on or added to.

Everything runs fine when I am using the computer, but if I close the display while the laptop is plugged in and not sleeping then XD takes 30-40% of the CPU and runs the computer HOT. This is a problem if I just set the computer down on the arm of a couch or chair and then come back to find…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings James:

Appreciate the link to earlier issue post. I did some digging on my end and found the problem reported there has since been fixed. Thinking that what you’re seeing may have a different root cause.

Some questions to help with figuring this out:
    - How did you determine XD CPU usage if the laptop is closed?
    - Is anything else running aside from XD?
    - Is XD the focus app when you close the laptop?
    - Do you note this issue in other cases (like if XD is idle and laptop is open)

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

6. Writing languages LTR in adobe xd on osx

Why not solve this problem?
    My os is osx (mac os). In adobe xd I can't type Arabic and Farsi.
    All right-to-left languages.
    As I type, I can't see what I've written.
    Please solve it, it's been almost a year !!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adobe Xd too slow and crashing (MacOS Mojave) (Xd Version 22.0.12.12)

Adobe Xd version: 22.0.12.12.
    Very slow, crashing all the time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adobe XD open and closes, don't start.

Hi. After every actualization my Adobe XD open for a while and then, he closes before even started. So, I have to
    uninstall and install the drivers of my graphic card, every single time, is very annoying.

So, what can I do to this won't happen again?
    P.S: My drivers are always updated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Huge memory leak after pasting an artboard in an artboard name field… by mistake

I wanted to change an artboard, so I copied its name and deleted it. Then, I duplicated another artboard (⌘+C, ⌘+V). I didn't realise at first that I an entire artboard was in my clipboard so I went to paste it in the name field of the new artboard (on top of it, not in the side panel) 😬
    The software froze, my computer started ventilating loudly, and after a minute or two, the software was using 18.59Go of memory 😳

Infos:
    - I am using the latest version of Adobe XD: 21.2.12.3 (Starter)
    - I have a MacBook Air…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. canvas dragging interaction bug

At some point during working with Adobe XD canvas dragging interaction (Spacebar key + mouse click) stop working and there is no hint about what is going on. If I wait for couple minutes and come back to continue my work - dragging interaction works again. Super annoying!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Floating artifact appears when dragging layer

See included pics.

When attempting to drag a layer, drag suddenly stops and floating artifact appears. Closing XD does not clear the artifact right away... only after some time (X) does the artifact suddenly disappear.

Version of Adobe XD: This is not easily found... I have the latest version as of the time of this submission.
    Steps to reproduce the issues: Ehhh.. drag a layer??? It doesn't happen all the time. I can tell you I just restarted the laptop, plenty of RAM and scratch disk space...
    Expected result: No artifact... keep focus on drag until mouse button is released …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. xd memory leak

I've been working with Adobe XD since it was "Project Comet". Now using the latest version 21.0.12.11. I was happy with XD performance and its lightness. But It's getting slower day by day, consume more memory, sloth response, getting hanged. Opening a XD file (19.1MB) takes too many time. I've shared the attachments to understand the problem better.

Thanks,
    Rouf

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. program crash

The leader always crashes the program again. I already talked to the support and they helped me too. Unfortunately without success

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. One window of XD will make my MacBook Pro soo hot. Am I the only one with this issue?

MacBook Pro gets HOT while using XD on just average use. But not with any other apps. Is this normal or Am I the only one with this issue?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adobe XD Update 20.2.12.1 Lag, Stutter, Freeze

So i made the mistake of updating my XD yesterday thinking that the newer version would run some of the new features better, but it has caused my whole computer to stutter and lag every few seconds whilst XD is open. I dont know why its done this, but i know its happened because of the update, i went back and installed and old version and tested and sure enough it was the update.

This has all happened unfortunately after files that are active for work have been save and now can only be opened with the new version. I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Eye Dropper Tool flickers

The eye dropper tool flickers in and out of the screen when the magnifying glass goes through the different colours in my project as exemplified at around the 18 second mark on the following video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. XD just ate hours of my life

Saved file to the cloud and it froze. This is fine but when i reopened my file it corrupted the whole thing. like half my views are missing.
    TLDR; make backups not on the cloud.
    thanks adobe

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. shutting all of sudden while working

Why my Xd is getting closed while I'm working on it, its so frustrating, all the changes which I made during the time its not getting saved and quitting all of sudden, please fix this. Instead of coming up with new updates every time, fix this issue first. I have to work on the same thing twice because of this quitting problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Windows version flash back problem

system:window 10;version:19.2.22.3

This is really too bad!
    Every time I use the software quickly, I will blink away for no reason. As a result, I did not save my work content and repeated the previous step. I hope you can pay attention to this problem

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Selecting object or text shows no visual highlight / feedback on Windows 10

After using XD for a few hours I find that the UI no longer shows highlighted text or objects. To clarify, when you normally select text within a box, the text reverses out of a darker colour. With this bug you do not get any visual feedback that the text is highlighted. Also at times the UI gets unresponsive, with dragging or zooming disabled. Fortunately, CTRL+S still functions and a quick restart fixes the issue.

This is Windows 10, XD 19.1.22.6 on a Lenovo Yoga. Although I have also been able to replicate the issue on another studio desktop, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base