Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Prototype blurry and squished

Prototypes are sometimes squished horizontally, blurry, or only show half the layout! It happens randomly, has nothing to do with monitors or browsers...done lots of testing in the office on different machines.

I have to send layouts to client today! Will have to send JPGs instead, very disappointed with the application.

My XD version is up-to-date XD CC, using a MAC.

Any help would be appreciated. If we cannot use the prototype feature XD is useless.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-fix-in-progress  ·  14 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Color change animation

Hello guys, I really don't know if this is a real bug but I should report, when auto animation, the object color don't make the transition steps, the color change suddenly, is that a real bug?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. XD Prototype Has Missing Elements

Elements and images are missing from the prototype, in my case it's in the footer. I'm running a mac and checked it on Chrome, Safari, Firefox and on my coworker's Windows computer -- all with the latest OS and software updates. I'm also using the current version of XD (16.0.2.8)

Noticing this for particularly longer artboards. This one happens to be 1680 x 8684.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dissolve transition flickering (blinking) to the top of the page when not supposed to

Scenario:
    - scroll down
    - click a button which is set to "dissolve" and "preserve scroll position"

Expected outcome: smooth (fade out - fade in) transition to the next page

Bug outcome: screen jumps (flickers) to the top of the current page THEN transitions to the next page.

See this example prototype: https://xd.adobe.com/view/c11bbd2e-3158-4636-4dd1-3dadc61e3211-b72a/

I think it's similar (but not the same) to this issue: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/34939726-transitions-between-overlays-blink-the-screen

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prototype not found

Link to prototype results in error message, "Prototype not found"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Preserve scroll position flashes top of artboard briefly

1. Version 14.0.42.14

2. How to reproduce: move between two artboards with preserve scroll position turned on while scrolled down. Keep default transitions (dissolve).

3. Expected: goes from artboard 1 to artboard 2 while maintaining position and transitions smoothly.

4. Actual: briefly flashes the top of artboard 1 before showing artboard 2 at preserved scroll position

5. Video included.

Am I missing something? Or did the new update cause this little glitch?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The size of canvas(body) depends on high of browser.

The size of canvas(body) depends on high of browser. The body should be full screen sized but its have only half of real size.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/isli4kispsp22eu/23.wmv?dl=0
    windows 10
    chrome

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

The video linked shows content being resized to fit based on browser window size. This is working as designed.

FWIW, overlays are static and will not move based on scroll position.

Is it possible that what you’re seeing is working as expected but not as you’d like it to?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

8. Publish Prototype Blank

I export publish prototype and blank. Design spec is good.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. prototype

Prototype dosen't load propaly or dosen't load at all after last update.

After the last update of xD I have been unable to share prototypes with my clients. After I generate the link, the following problems occur:
    1. The homepage design doesn’t show at all in Google Chrome (69.0.3497.100) After preloader, the animation doesn’t load anything, but if one of the arrows is pressed, it shows other pages.
    2. Sometimes only some of the elements appear, but not all elements included in the design in Google Chrome (69.0.3497.100) and Mozilla FireFox (62.0.2)
    3. It takes a long time to load…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello George:

Thanks bunches for the detailed report. I think what you’re seeing is something that came up in Chrome that is fixed in their next release (70). Our team is also working on updating our web player to better handle this scenario in case there’s issues with the browser in the future.

Not sure what’s going on in the Firefox case – I’ve got FF 62 on Mac and its loading great for me. I’ll give it a try and update.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

10. Elements don't showing up in review

Some of the Elements I created for a prototype wont show up in preview mode, neither online nor offline. I had this problems several times before, and it absolutely leads to irritation of the client.

PS: Since XD is a professional tool this is a no-no!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for your reporting. Can you please provide few more details?

1. What is the size of images used in artboards?
    2. Incase of long artboard, total length in pixels, viewport size?
    3. Does it contain timed transitions?
    4. Any specific browser missing of images observed?

Please share the published link to look into the problem.

Thanks,
    Muthukumar

11. Prototype crops some pages in Edge & Explorer

When I share a prototype with AM's & clients viewing on PC Edge & Internet Explorer some of the pages cut off the bottom of the design. Works find in Chrome so we can get around it for now but not ideal when sharing with clients and we don't know what browsers they have. I've added some screenshots of the pages that are cropped and one that is as it should be – all in the same prototype.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The time in XD does not work if I have language of my PC other than English !

Hi, I have problem using XD because when My PC language is different from XD language the time transition in prototype will not work

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Overlay bug in Prototype

Applying one overlay is fine. However when you move on to another page and apply a transition, overlay is already selected. It should just add another overlay, but it doesn't, you have to switch to a different type of transition, then switch back to overlay for it to work. If you don't do this, in Preview, the overlay appears over a black or white background as if overlay wasn't applied at all.
    Not a huge problem but wastes a bit of time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Copy - paste linked asset symbol, interactions/links are lost

XD v 14.0.42

If I copy and Paste a linked symbol with an object inside which has a link/interaction to another artboard the interaction disappears.
    I tried when the document was in the cloud, when it was saved in my computer and even with a new document, behavior is the same - links/interactions are lost after I copy-paste an asset symbol which is linked.

Interactions will stay if I use alt+drag.

Expected Result: Wire link remains in newly pasted symbol.

Actual Result: Wire link is removed in newly pasted symbol.

I use Windows 10

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings:

Are you copy/pasting the symbol while in Prototype mode or Design mode? If it’s Design mode, the interaction will not be maintained.

Here’s what I do and note that behavior is working as I expect it:
    - In Document 1, draw elipse, convert to symbol
    - Create new document (Document 2), copy symbol from Document 1
    - Add two more artboards in Document 2
    - Switch to Protytpe mode, add interaction from symbol to Artboard 2
    - Copy + paste symbol in Artboard 3. This also shows wire to Artboard 2

Hope this helps!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

15. Overlays appear blurry/low resolution in preview mode

Adobe XD v12.0.12.10 on Mac (I can't update yet because of my OC version)

Overlays appear blurry/low resolution in preview mode.

Seems like the prototype preview isn't rendering overlays properly, making them look blurry compared to the elements in the base artboard.

Attached screenshot shows an overlay (hover effect) on the left and the base artboard on the right. Naturally we need the overlay to be as crisp & clear as the rest of the interface.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-investigation-in-progress  ·  8 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Still I see white spacing on left and Right in mobile clickable prototype. Even after the update of V12.0

After new version release 12.0 still I am seeing white space when I use clickable prototype link. Please check my attachment taken screenshot from mobile

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Area text box does not display entire text in XD Preview view (and sometimes Zeplin)

When a design is previewed on Adobe XD app (iOS and Android both), the content of the text boxes with Area Text is not displayed completely. As a result, the design review process is impacted very negatively. The problem goes away when the text box is changed to point text. And sometimes this problem also reflects in designs exported on Zeplin.

Attached are screenshots and a XD file for your reference.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Browser Prototype artboards don't scale to fit screen size

When viewing a Prototype in a web browser, artboards no longer scale to fit monitor screen size. Neither pressing the "Open in browser" and copying the link into a browser will scale the artboard. Usually doing this will scale my artboard to fit what every monitor screen size I am using.

I have tested in Google Chrome, Firefox and Edge, all with the same result.
    50% of my artboard is no longer visible. The artboard size I use is 1280x720.

The issue only started today (19th Sept 2018), worked fine yesterday.

Version of Adobe XD used: 12.0.12.10

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Some screens not displayed sometimes with error

1. Adobe XD 18.0.12.9 (starter)
    2. A pattern is not clear yet, but I noticed that usually tapping/clicking on what I've set up for a back button.

I tried to enable the Chrome hardware acceleration using those steps but that link is not working, but I checked how to do that anyway it was already enabled.

3. I'm expecting the prototype to simply work as I've set it up. I already checked all links and hotspots. They're where they should be. There doesn't seem to be any problem there.

4. After tapping on a back button or sometimes just going…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Prototype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Projects with long art boards are they distorted on design specs.

To reproduce this issue, try with the next cases:

For all define the artboard width to 320 px and add some shapes or text on artboards top.

a) Set artboard height to 2,200 px, update design specs link and enter at 200% zoom.

b) Set artboard height to 3,000 px, update design specs link and enter at 150% zoom.

c) Set artboard height to 4,200 px, update design specs link and enter at 100% zoom.

I share a video of the project where I notice that, but you can reproduce this error on new files easy.

I checked my other…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe XD: Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base