Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Importing assets scatters the order

After importing assets from a cloud document, the order of the assets in the panel is randomly sorted, where in the original document it is different because it has been purposefully manually organized.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. REPEAT GRID BUG/PROBLEM: Bounding box expanded beyond elements with drop shadows

You've fixed the bounding issue on components but it's still a problem with the Repeat Grid function.

Look at the attached file, please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Component text colour doesn't update

I have a UI Kit stored as cloud document. This kit contains a colour palette and a number of reusable components.

Some of colours defined in this UI Kit are, for example, a primary and secondary text colour.

The scenario is as follows:
    I create a new document and I import the assets from my cloud-saved UI Kit.
    I place a component, containing text, on my artboard.
    I edit the text of within the component.
    If I now go back to my master document, and edit the primary text colour, that colour does not reflect on the instances of the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Aligned left elements are moving when resizing a mask

Hi there,

I have several elements in a mask, these elements are all aligned left and they all have a fixed width.

When I resize the mask they move... but only when I make the mask shorter, they do not move if I make it longer...

Any idea?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Component bounding box issue with Lines

On version 22.0.12.12 on Mac 10.14.1

When lines are turned into components they seem to have strange issues with the bounding box when resizing them. See attached video.

Not sure if it's related, but they also seem to disappear periodically from view unless I reset them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. replaced nested component position override link broken

When I swap a nested component for another and then move the original nested component the children do not change position. I would want this swapped component to retain its position link to the master.

I often create a generic component with a space for an icon or a button. When I swap in either a new state for the button, or a new icon I want to be able to move the position of this "generic" icon or button regardless of which one it actually is. See video where the circle replaces the square, I want both to respect…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Color Assets and Document Colors work differently

The functionality of the color swatches differs when either imported from another document or created in the current document. I would expect both to work the same way.

I assumed that when you change a hex color it changes that color throughout the document. With imported swatches they act more as a "style" in the sense that even though that hex is the actual color of an object if the imported swatch is not applied to the object the color will not change.

I like the idea of having styles, but I would prefer them to be called out differently…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mouse Pointer getting stuck on text-select cursor

Since the latest update, my mouse pointer keeps turning into the text-select cursor, even when I have not yet interacted with that feature. It usually occurs when I'm hovering over the right side-pane or when my cursor is over the left menu bar, then when I hover over the canvas or artboards, it turns back into the arrow-selector.

The mouse still acts like an arrow selector even when it looks like the text selector.

It doesn't prevent any functionality, but it is super annoying - especially when I'm trying to place the arrow pointer over a small touch-point area.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Art board not getting copied to another document

Design elements are not getting copied into another document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Copy paste from Illustrator

There are times when I'm copy/pasting an icon from illustrator and it just won't paste when its an icon using a border - not a fill. As soon as I make it a colour fill, it pastes okay.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adobe XD getting closed automatically

I downloaded the Adobe XD from creative cloud, but without any notification the tool getting closed automatically when I maximize the window or when I try to open any Adobe XD file. And my friend shared a file through creative cloud I couldn't open that also. Kindly help me on this issue. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. copy and paste into another document

I wanted to move the design to another document. Unfortunately it looks different there. all components jumped back to the original.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  9 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug

When moving any illustration from illustrator to XD, the stock changed automatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Background blur effect disappears in web prototype

STEPS:
    • create a shape over any UI and switch its background blur option on;
    • in the Desktop Preview all works fine
    • in the XD mobile app all works fine
    • in the web prototype the blur effect is missing.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Gradients from Illustrator look wrong in XD

Sometimes artwork with gradients imported from Illustrator does not look right in XD. Please see attached an example. Also, those gradients cannot be edited on canvas in XD. The AI file with the problem is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gxdiqmtwatx7d9/feather.ai?dl=0

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. copy / paste a layer name causes a duplication bug

XD V. 20.2.12.1
    Windows 10

While I copy a part af a lyer name then paste it in another layer name it pas it twice and I have to undo with ctrl-z the seconde duplication. See GÌF for details

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Renaming input stays empty/Cursor dissapears/Text i type doesn't show

There have been numerous occasions (multiple times daily) when i try to rename a layer, and due to a file autosave or another undetectable issue my cursor dissapears, the input stays empty and i can't type anything anymore. This is so persistent that i have to quit xd most of the time. Sometimes switching between prototype and design brings back my cursor and text i type, in most of the instances it stays away.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Interface display problem: random black backgrounds

Just upgraded my Windows 10 and using the latest version of XD, seeing random black backgrounds every where, which makes impossible to work. No change by switching between windows dark and light mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base