Adobe XD: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

XD Known Issues list,
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/xd/kb/known-issues.html#main-pars_text_2544517

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Win10] Application stops responding (keyboard)

Version 9.1.12.3
    Creative Cloud Sync 3.0.3.6
    Windows 10 PRO · Version 1709
    Lenovo X1 Carbon i7-6500 · 8 GB

Xd succesfully launch, but after a while (randomly between 10" ~ 5') the keyboard stops working. Not writing in text fields, not editing any UI field, not shortcuts. I have to close the program and launch it again.

Please, fix this problem because further than annoying, it makes really difficult to continue working with this fantastic app.

Thank you,

Francesc

459 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

314 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings Everyone!

I’m pleased to share Microsoft has provided a fix for this issue via optional patch updates. To obtain, check for software updates.

For details on the update see the following links:
    - Win10 RS4 (Build 17134.753), https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4493437/windows-10-update-kb4493437
    - Win10 RS5 (Build 17763.475)  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4495667/windows-10-update-kb4495667

Thanks everyone for your continued feedback and support! Have a wonderful weekend.

Cheers!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

2. XD to AE export not working

Windows 10 user, latest builds of Xd (14.0.42.14) and Ae (16.0.1 (build 48)) installed, when attempting to export assets from Xd to Ae, it does not work. Workflow is: 1) select assets from within Xd 2) select Export/After Effect from Xd menu, 3) nothing happens. Interesting, but after one attempt at exporting, any subsequent attempts show the export to AE option grayed out. I have tried with AE open and closed with the same result.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Touch Screen no longer works in Preview Mode - Worked perfectly prior to December 2018

Button transitions just flash when pressed on touch screen, even though they work correctly when clicked via mouse.

The touch screen worked perfectly over the last few months, I'm assuming it quit working with the last update (or around that time). My touch screen works with every other item in XD and any other application, it just won't activate the transitions in 'Preview Mode'

I have the lastest update of XD - Version 14.0.42.14
    Windows 10 PC

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SVG import problem

I could import SVG files before I did the update. I can't import svg anymore after the update. You can test svg files on the following sites.

https://undraw.co/illustrations
    https://thenounproject.com/

XD Version 12.0.12.10
    Windows 10 Pro 1809

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Win10 RS5 (Preview OS): Can not copy vector from illustrator to adobe XD

Hey I can not copy from Illustrator to Adobe XD. I try to use everything way to copy but I can not do that.
    I used windows 10 Pro 17713.1002
    XD version: newest update today.
    Illustrator 22.1

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fixed  ·  11 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Assets reordering after creating a new symbol

I was pretty excited with the latest update that I could organize my assets in an order that works best for me. I spent some time going through my current project in reorganizing my symbols and as soon as I created a new symbol the order got all jumbled up. I went through and reorganized them again, later on created a new symbol and once again they got jumbled up again.

I was excited for this improvement but disappointed it isn't working out.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Exporting SVG is not accurate

Importing into Illustrator brings some issues concerning the correct color assignation for some elements. Everything else seems to be at the correct place.
    In internet browsers the svg file looks alright but my colleagues have issues importing the files into their development environment, same as I do in illustrator.
    Please fix!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Not Able To Install Any Plugins

I am unable to install any plugins in the October 2018 release version of XD

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cannot copy certain nested components

I created three nested sub components from a master component (see attached file) to create a list showing different states of the same list entry type. One of them works as intended (the top one). The other two consistently have the following issue: When I try to copy and paste either of them (1) copy and paste do not work, (2) I can no longer save the document, and (3) Undo/Redo stop working.

I then need to reopen the file for issues 1-3 to work again. However, it is never possible to copy the components. Also Copying the artboard containing…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Component: Original box size remains after reducing font size

Reduce font size in a master component (example: change from 13 px to 12px)
    Box size remains the same as original
    Attempting to resize box with handles further reduces font size. Component box size remains proportionally larger than text box size.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear XD Community,

Thanks for your feedback and for sharing with us the areas that we need to invest in and improve on.

We have introduced several enhancements to components in XD August release. Those enhancements address the following:

1) Drop shadows and blurs will be rendered outside the component bounding box, which will help with layout and pixel alignment. For existing components with those issues, right-click the master component and select ‘Fit Bounds to Content’ to reset the bounds on the master component and all instances

2) Component bounds will automatically adjust (expand or shrink) to fit the content within the component while keeping all component instances in sync. For existing components with those issues, right-click the master component and select ‘Fit Bounds to Content’ to reset the bounds on the master component and all instances

3) No more Fractional Pixels with responsive resizing components

To learn more about…

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Resizing hints popup

the popup which is attached is not closing. I've to close the window and reopen the XD to close this and it will popup again when i tried to resize anything.

Am a facing an issue with the keyboard shortcuts from launching of adobe XD. Sometimes keyboard shortcuts are not working like Ctrl+Z etc..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Elements in components resize when changing the size of the component without the responsive enable

My version of Adobe Xd is 20.0.12.10 but the bag was also tested in the latest version.

When I disable the responsive of a component and the change the height, all the elements inside the components resize. What I expect when I change the height and the width of the component, it will only change the hitbox of the component and not the size of the elements inside.

It's really annoying because when I create components and then later an element inside become bigger than the hitbox I want to change the height/width of the component to not get a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. component size

The "frame" of a component is clipping. I think it shouldn't or it should be an option. For example: When I just want to enlarge the background beyond the "frame" of my component i have to resize it (which will move the content along with the background. When i resize only the background, it remains clipped.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. XD shows "fonts are missing" for Adobe CC Fonts

XD Version: 16.0.2.8; Creative cloud sync: 4.2.0.25

A team member switched over to Adobe XD and provided us with a file to open and modify. The fonts that we own via Adobe Fonts (CC membership) work in every other Adobe app but XD. The team member who created th file works on Mac and has no issues.

These fonts show up: in Adobe Fonts (CC), Windows, and other Adobe apps. I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling to no avail.

This behavior occurs on both my desktop and laptop, so I do not believe it is my environment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fixed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Voice triggers doesn't work on overlay screens

Voice command doesn't work on Overlay screens, but it will work if you run overlay screen directly by selecting Artboard and preview it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-fixed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Application Quits while connecting to a secondary monitor

While Connecting to the thunderbolt display, Mac Monitor 27" Adobe XD quits.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Drag scroll bug (Oct 2018 version)

As you can see from the attached file(s) for some reason I can only drag elements from the middle of the spaces in between items within a group to start the drag animation and then the return animation seems to only play back when it's 'in the mood'...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sketch v52 is not imported properly

Projects saved in Sketch v52 are not imported properly in XD. For example, backgrounds and fills are not rendered. Also, not all art boards are visible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. after update lot of bugs

Responzive pop up window (cant be turned off)all time when text editing... Ctr+z (undo) does not work ... text editing does not work program freez after minutes..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base