Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Eyedropper Reticle Renders Slowly/Strangely

The eyedropper reticle renders very strangely and sort of disappears. Visually, the reticle gets locked at fixed point on the screen and then dissolves in the direction the pointer is moving.

I'm using:

macOS Mojave v10.14.5
    Adobe XD v21.1.12.3

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Buttons display wrongly and unable to save changes after being idle for a while

1. Adobe Xd 21.0.12.11 (Starter)
    2. Open a Xd file, do some editions. Open another program or do whatever else to blur Adobe Xd window. After being idle for a while, go back to Adobe Xd.
    3. Work normally.
    4. Buttons display wrongly (some buttons icons replaced each other) and unable to save changes. I can't close Adobe Xd, either. I had to force the close through Windows Task Manager.
    5. Attached image shows some buttons with errors and the '*' next to the document name indicating changes were not saved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Drop shadow ruins image quality when exporting to pdf/svg

When I'm trying to export my XD file in a pdf or SVG format it ruins the quality of the shape or image if I use a drop shadow. If I remove the shadow, the quality is maintained. Can you fix this problem somehow?

Adobe XD version: 21.0.12.11

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Paste, Undo, and Save

After extended use of XD 30+ minutes, copy paste, undo (ctrl+z and manual), and File rename stop functioning.

This requires XD restart to regain these functions.

2 other teammates are reporting the same issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Newly installed font not showing.

Adobe XD - Version: 20.2.12.1 (Starter), Creative Cloud Sync 4.2.7.2

I installed the Eczar-Regular.ttf google font. It shows up in Affinity Designer and WordPad, but it's not showing up in Adobe XD, even after restarting the program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. XD fail to sync cloud document after launch and crash app

Windows 10
    Version : 17th june + bugfixs

Sync files from asset.adobe.com at launch fail and kill adobe XD app 😖

Also when I open local file after few secondes (asking save before closing app).

Bonus : I can't Download file from website so I can't access my file anymore! 😓

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Exporting to After Effects issues

I'm having problems with how objects are rendered in AE after export from XD.

1. Objects with gradients are converted to JPGs
    2. Blurred object with gradient applied doesn't show up at all
    3. Shadows are rendered differently than in XD (different blur and radious)
    4. Shadows and low opacity objects don't show up in preview in AE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Save discards changes

Added 20 prototype links on reapeatgrid atoms towards overlay modal.
    Manual save, switch to design mode, edit, back to prototype mode, changes lost.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Error Export to Zeplin

Adobe XD 20.2.12.1 -- Windows 10 -- Selection of work tables to export to Zeplin. (CNTROL + ALT + E), but the error appears xdtool.exe (55665 dump)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It will not allow me to type

I am creating a website I’m wireframeing. I created a rectangle box and I am trying to type inside of the rectangle and it won’t let me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Copy Text Element and Paste in text element. Html code result

When I was copied some text element and paste in text element again, it was seen html code. gif has been added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Not able to open XD

When I open XD from either desktop icon or directly from CC installer all I get is a big white screen. When I re-boot Windows I'm able to open XD but it opens slowly. After closing XD I'm unable to open it again and I get the same white screen, so I'm forced to re-boot Windows again and so on. Its been going on since the latest may update of XD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Roll back

Unable to roll back to prior version. Sometimes theres another version number available under the Manage link in the CC installer, but if I choose that I get a text saying theres a newer version installed, so then I have to uninstall XD and repeat, but then I receive the same message telling me theres a newer version installed etc. I'm caught in this loop. It's very unstable cause if I try again, there's no option under Manage for choosing other versions all of a sudden. I can close the installer and return to it and suddenly there are two…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

third-party-plugins  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. export to Zeplin

Export to Zeplin doesn't contain the groups as elements just export as group and no developers can't take assets inside this groups.

So i have to Un-grouping them and mark as export one by one.

Need solutions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

third-party-plugins  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Error code 88

Cannot open file

There was an error opening the file Untitled-2.xd.
    This is not a valid xd document.

XD version provided in the screenshot attached.

Windows 10 operating system

The files were saved in the my own system.

impact- the saved work cannot be retrieved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. full screen

When opening a file on an external monitor and then going full screen sometimes the artboard area is very small and you must scroll and zoom inside this window. See video

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Rotating and Scaling

When I merge and then rotate objects the responsive resize moves behaves in such a way that it doesn't take into account rotation instead inheriting its anchor from the original group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Unable to move preview window to other Desktop on Mac

How to recreate (view attached file as well)
    - Open an XD file on a Mac
    - Launch the preview window
    - On the trackpad, swipe up with 3 fingers to see currently open windows (should also see additional desktops at the top of the screen)
    - The XD preview window disappears, so you can't move it to another Desktop

Previously, until a recent update, the XD preview window appeared with all other open windows when swiping up with 3 fingers, and you could click and drag it to another desktop.

Computer is a Mid-2014 Macbook pro running macOS Mojave…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. shades, text imput

1. hello how long are we going to wait to fix the shades in component ?
    2. sometimes my adobe xd freezes when I write an object size or I work with a text tool

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base