Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Decimal values while transforming (windows)

Hi,

I'm using XD on windows 10, and whenever I transform an element, (icon, shape, logo), the system always changes to decimal values.

While the "Align to pixel grid" helps sometimes, others it just distorts the shape
    /icon path.

Ideally, by default, all values should be rounded, and if there's a need to use decimals simple deactive an option or something.

This problem is really killing my workflow.

Howard Pinksy addressed this issue 2 months ago on dribbble saying it was being fixed, but so far no improvements.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-in-progress  ·  4 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Uppercase text on mobile version of XD

Text style like "Uppercase" doesn't apply to mobile XD version, the only way to see text like it should be - to write it with caps lock or shift. Selecting "TT" icon makes sence only on desktop app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. undo

Undo and redo are not working. Also, I can't copy an item with option + drag like I'm used to.

I have the lastest version of XD (20.0.12.10). I've reset the computer, restarted XD, saved my file to both cloud and desktop, logged out of CC and logged back in, quit CC and restarted. It's still doing this.

You never really realize how essential Cmd Z really is until it stops working.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Error loading recent prototypes on startup screen

When I first start the application, in the recent tab, an infinite loading stays on the screen trying to load my prototypes, if I restart the application it brings my prototypes of formal fast, loading appears and soon the prototypes are loaded, only in the first this bug occurs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 'paragraph spacing' causes 'point text' to behave differently

Changing area text into point text usually leaves the text layout the same but changes the bounding box to only large enough to contain the text. I do this often as I like text areas to be snapped to the smallest height of the content but retain the width I want. With a paragraph spacing set on a text area converting to point text distributes the lines of text in the same size frame instead of leaving the text and changing the frame.

Steps to reproduce:
    -create a text area with more than one paragraph in it
    -add paragraph spacing …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keyboard not responsive - have tried 34689346

In reference to: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/34689346--win10-application-stops-responding-keyboard

Keyboard is STILL intermittently unresponsive - I want to throw my computer, desk, monitor clean out the window and then burn everything.

This has gone on way too long!

Windows 10 Pro: 1809
    Build: 17763.529

Please advise?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. No saving to the cloud document.

No saving to the cloud document.
    I've started a new document, work on it a couple of days, then I start to have problems with Undo functionality. I decided to restart the app. when I close the document I receive the error message with the text "blah blah We cant save you document". When I reopen my file there are no changes at all in it. Nothing, that I worked on, was saved. It like program crash back in 2005.

Imac 27, late 2015

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Shortcut CMD + - stop working after update on version 19

Zooming shortcuts stopped working on new version 19 of XD. Classic key +/- works well, but Numlock keys +/- stopped working. Using iMac.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  4 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adobe XD opens with blank white screen and disappear in windows 10

I have tried all workarounds mentioned in adobe forums and yet no luck. Tried re-installing the program/downgraded nothing did worked out. I have attached a screenshot of the white screen and after around 20 seconds the window disappears.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Interface icons missinng

Often interface icons like drop down triangle, check mark that appears next to "saved", aren't displayed correctly

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Layers shifting between Mac/Windows

I'm working on a Mac (10.14.3) - My colleague is opening the same file on Windows (10.0.17134) We both have Xd version 17.0.12.11.

Bug: When a file is opened on Mac, saved then closed, then re-opened on Windows, some elements shift position (upwards) between the two systems.

If the file is amended on Windows, saved, then opened on Mac, the changes are applied as 'over-corrected'.

Eg: My file (Mac) has a 20px button with text vertically centred. When a colleague (Windows) opens the file the text has shifted upwards (the shift seems to be a random value) - if they…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-investigation-in-progress  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. USB preview doesn't update after previewing a cloud doc

After previewing a version of our layout that has been saved to cloud, the mobile app no longer previews documents via USB tether.

Regardless of whether we choose live USB preview, or preview of a cloud doc, it only previews the last cloud doc viewed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "There was a problem creating a new cloud document" every time I start a design.

Every time I open and select an a size for my design I get an error and the artboard disappears. Especially frustrating when making custom sizes.

Version of Adobe XD: 16.0.2.8

Steps to reproduce the issues: Open a document and click on a template.
    Expected result: template loads
    Actual result: Template loads, then an error occurs and the template disappears.
    XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional): Attached

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. XD can't create new document (Error code: 3624)

I can't seem to create a new document on XD. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

1. XD Version : 16.0.2.8
    2. To Reproduce : Open XD > Click on any new document button > Error code appears
    3. Expected Result : Blank document
    4. Actual Result: Error message that says "Can't create document Error Code: 3624)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fonts with similar name activates wrong font from Adobe Fonts

When designing with a font from Adobe Fonts. And then watching design in Adobe XD app on Android another font is activated automatically.

The font i wanted to use: https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/t26-carbon

The font that gets activated and shows up in the XD app: https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/carbon

I tried deactivatinf back and forth but the wrong Carbon always activates by default.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Trying to save file to cloud - get endless spinning wheel

Hi, I can't save any files to the cloud, when I try I get the "Saving" screen with spinner forever.

I'd really love to preview the prototype I'm working on, on my phone, this issue is a bit of a blocker at the moment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Comments are missing in design spec link.

I've recently updated my Adobe XD application and hadn't updated any design specs links. On a design spec link from before I updated XD, my comments were completely missing. The comment icon was gone. I went back into the XD file and clicked on the 'Share for Development' action to see if my share settings were still the same, and they were. Then, I went back to my design spec link in my browser and my comments were back.

Not sure if it was because I updated my XD application, but this is very concerning because my client team couldn't…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Jennifer:

I think what you’re seeing is expected. “Share for Development” creates design spec usually shared with developers who are coding based on the design.

“Share for Review” allows user comments. Can you retry updating the file using this option? Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

18. Double paste

Good evening to all. Everytime I paste text from different source (blocknotes, website) it happens twice. So the simple Ctrl+c, Ctrl+v results in a double text paste.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. drag symbol

Cannot drag any symbols onto my artboards from the symbols sidebar! I drag one symbol over and when i let go to drop, the symbol just bounces back to the symbols bar. I am able to copy and paste fine from an existing instance of the symbol already on the canvas.

Ver: 14.0.42.14

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Problems editing text area

When yoy are editing a text area, the systems run very slow and I can't write something.
    I am typing the text very fast and the problem is that I don't see the words that I'm writing on the screen until after a while. :(

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base