Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ALt + drag to duplicate artborad doesn't work only on one particular artboard

Version of XD i'm using is 19.1.22.6/
    For some reason I'm not able to alt+drag one specific artboard to duplicate it.
    Undo function is also disabled. Not sure if it got something to do with issue with duplicating artboard but it started to happen at the same time. I have to say, that other documents, as well as other ARTBOARDS in this particular document work just fine.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bug-needs-more-info  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Assets, color picker is missing

I just install Adobe XD 19.1.22.6
    and follow the introduction tutorial (in app and video)

In step 09, I notice that in the asset panel, when right click on a color and select "Edit", there is no more the color picker (pipette icon).

I guess that would be handy to put it back.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Colour Palette Bug

Colour Palette Bug

Hi I am using Adobe XD with version 17.0.12.11 . While dragging the point of colour from colour palette to change the colour of something whole xd freezes and colour changes very slowly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cannot open .xd files located in Box Drive

1. Adobe XD CC Starter 16.0.2.8 on Windows 10 Professional 1803 / 1809
    2. Repro step- Double-click an XD file located in the Box Drive folder.
    3. We expect to be able to open XD files from synced drives in the same way that they work from the local filesystem.
    4. The XD application opens and users are presented with 'There was an error opening the file (Error code: 165) ' . Launching XD manually and then attempting to open the file from within the application doesn't work either, there is no error but the file is not opened and…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings Chris:

Do you see this problem when working with local files? Doesn’t seem like it but wanted to confirm.

The best way to have files synced to cloud, is by using XD Cloud file saving, https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/manage-work-cloud-documents.html

To help investigate what might be happening, can you do the following:
    - Run Creative Cloud log collector tool
    - Post resulting logs in cloud drive (WeTransfer, Dropbox, etc) and share link with me xduv@adobe.com, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

5. Saving in Document Cloud fail

Saving a prototype in Document Cloud fail!

Windows 10 x64
    16GB Ram
    i7 Prozessor
    XD Version: latest

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Shapes get converted to Path

When ever I copy a shape (Rectangle, Rounded Rectangle, Circle) from one document into another XD document, few of the shapes gets converted into a paths automatically. This behaviour is quite often happening often now.

This is quite frustrating because we have auto-animate transitions and
    everything messes up.

Using Adobe XD 14.0.42.12

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Open file stored on computer has become extremely slow after XD started automatically saving to cloud

Hi, I didn't opt to save my files on the cloud. I saved my files on my computer, and it feels like users are being penalized for not using the cloud. It takes forever to access files from the "My computer" tab. The section takes several seconds to refresh, it happened instantly earlier, before the save to cloud.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello:

Sorry to hear you’re having problems working with XD.

Can you share some details to help with investigation?
    - OS version
    - AdobeID
    - Country location
    - Network (home/office)
    - Adobe Sync version, in Creative Cloud application go to Preferences>Creative Cloud> Files

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

8. Text disappears

When clicking on a text box to edit, the text goes white providing little feedback and making it difficult to edit efficiently.

See attached.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  6 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pinch to Zoom Stops working Unless toggled off and on again on Mac

I'm filing this as a new bug because A) I couldn't successfully vote for another version of this bug and B) the bug was labeled as not reproducible. It still happens and is a problem. toggling pinch to zoom off and on fixes it, but it is annoying.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Long Press for menu not working

I just upgraded XD V13 on iOS and the long press for menus no longer works. Long press brings up a dialogue "No Microphone Access....." How can I access the menu now?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

limitation-with-workaround  ·  8 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unable to Publish when on VPN

Trying to publish when on my office vpn results in "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." Publishing when not on a vpn works just fine. This is a major roadblock for remote workers required to operate via vpn.

There have been a few other bugs like this opened. Adobe's response always seems to be 'working as designed' with not much explanation. The closest we've come is https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/33072070-cannot-publish-prototype-service-is-temporarily-u @Nina-Ramos suggested it's the company's vpn blocking access. After working with our IT department and following Nina's suggestion, we've confirmed that the following are not blocked:
    - Communication over port…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Configure Charles
    1. Launch the Charles app
    2. Enable SSL Proxying for the endpoints used by XD
    3. Go to Proxy → SSL Proxying Settings…
    4. Click the “Add” button
    5. Add the following hosts (leaving other fields blank):
    - Host: *.adobelogin.com
    - Host: *.adobesc.com
    - Host: *.adobe.io
    - Host: *.amazonaws.com
    6. Set Recording Settings
    - Go to Proxy → Recording Settings…
    - Select the “Include” tab
    - Add the following hosts (leaving other fields blank):
    - Host: *.adobelogin.com
    - Host: *.adobesc.com
    - Host: *.adobe.io
    - Host: *.amazonaws.com
    7. Quit Charles

Publish a prototype from XD
    1. Launch the Charles App
    2. Switch to the Sequence view in Charles
    3. Launch XD and open a design file
    4. Select the Share icon
    5. Select Publish Prototype
    6. Click “Create Public Link”
    7. When the operation completes, return to Charles
    8. Select File → Save Session As…
    9. Provide a file…

12. Overrides in Master Components (consisting of other MCs) do not populate to instances

Hello XD Team,

Overrides in Master Components (consisting of other MCs) do not populate to instances.

1. Create a master component (e.g. rectangle + text).
    2. Groupe 3 instances of this new master component and make a new master Component out of this group.
    3. Change any visual appearance withing the new big master component (eg. rectangle color / text color)
    4. paste an instance of this MC and see, that the color changes will not be displayed

this is a core functionality for us at IBM. Before this is fixed, we can not productively use XD.
    I really hope…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Is "make local component" removed in recent release?

When I right-click a linked component there's no option to make it local anymore.
    Is this a bug or you removed this function?
    It's quite useful, please don't remove it!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Cannot drag layers that are inside a masked group

It is currently not possible to drag a layer to change its position in the layer panel if the object is within a masker group (includes repeat grids).

I'm already used to using the Ctrl [ and ] shortcut to move layers up and down, but I still find myself sometimes dragging the layer out of convenience and forgetting it doesn't work. I also see other users often mention the same issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unable to drag layers of elements or components

1. Version 21.2.12.3 (Starter) running on Windows 10 Home.
    2. Keep left mouse button pressed while hovering a component or element layer to move (drag).
    3. Rearrange layers, drop them into an existing folder or artboard in case of components.
    4. Nothing happens. Layers remain static.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Undo and save option stop working after movig elements to different artboard

Undo option dissapears as well as save (only save as stays) after alt+move element from one artboard to another.

version 21.2.12.3

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cannot Rename objects, or Art boards, Xd freezes then crashes

XD Version: 21.1.12.3

At Present I am unable to rename any object, group, component, or art board in XD. I can double click and right click to rename it but XD doesn't accept keyboard input, or when it does it appears to white out the height or width of the attribute editor panel.

Restarting XD only appears to reset the bug and it will begin happening after a short period of work. In a recent rare case I was no longer able to deselect an object to rename another which resulted in XD crashing.

I can't share…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Editing master components

Editing a master component (symbol) does not populate to any instance. e.g. Adding text to the master component does not change any instances.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Joe,

Are you certain you’re actually editing the master component? If you right-click on an instance and choose Edit Master Component, it should select or open the master component for the instance. A visual cue is you will see a green diamond in the upper left corner when you have selected a master component.

Another circumstance in which a change in master won’t be synced in the instance is if you’ve already overridden the instance – i.e., you edited the text in the instance before you changed the text in the master component.

Please let us know if either of the above two scenarios are what you ran into. If not, please add more details about what you’re seeing.

Thanks,
    Joe

19. Jira user with apostrophe has page update issue with Adobe XD add-on

We experience an issue with Adobe XD for Jira add-on.
    We believe the issue is potentially caused by apostrophe in Jira username.

After installing the add-on, this particular user sees page ‘freezing’ whenever she updates the ticket such as comment.
    The comment gets published, but she has to refresh page to see the update.

She can reproduce the issue on two different machines (MacOS, Windows) with different browsers.
    Below is the error message in console log.

Note, when we disable the add-on, the issue goes away.

Jira version: 7.13.0
    Jira Core version: 7.13.0

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-filed  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. After 3 hs of work, Undo, Redo and Drag+Alt function ceased to work

Yesterday morning I updated Adobe XD to it's newest version. Today I was working in a very important proyect and after 3 hours of work Undo, Redo, Drag+Alt and copy+paste of components ceased to work. Im doing what I can with Ctrl+D (duplicate) to keep working but its really frustrating.
    I already tried all the solutions I saw on previous posts
    - Restart application
    - Restart CPU
    - Change window and then go back to XD
    - Save

I need to fix this ASAP.

EDIT: Just tried opening Creative Cloud and from there the XD and seemed to work. All…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base