Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: User Voice Bugs forum is now read-only. To learn more about this change, visit https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/38475424

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Duplicated Elements and Symbols

I don't know what happened or how it happened, but all of the sudden, a file that I've been constantly working in for the past two weeks has had all of its elements duplicated on every artboard. At first, I thought it was maybe the symbols (this is my first time really, truly utilizing them), but I'm noticing it on elements that were there prior to setting up symbols in the file.

I have been copying and pasting elements/symbols from the Material UI XD file (xd-resources-material-design-ui), but again, I'm seeing the duplication on elements that were not created as symbols…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ungroup mask missing

the ungroup mask feature has disappeared, and i'm now unable to break apart a shape mask

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-investigation-in-progress  ·  2 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Typing the letter "J" at the beginning of a "point textbox" causes the textbox to move left 1-2 points depending on font size

Version 12.0.12.10
    Creative Cloud Sync 4.0.0.46
    Windows 10 Pro N - Version 1703
    Desktop i7-4770 - 32 GB

Whenever I type the letter "J" at the beginning of a left-aligned "point textbox", the textbox will move left 1-2 points depending on the font size. Also, when I use an "area texbox" the J visually sticks out of the text box boundary. This doesn't appear to happen with any other letter.

Upon further review, it seems that this is only happening with the font "Open Sans". It also seems that setting other fonts to italics (doesn't matter which font), the text…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

bug-needs-more-info  ·  1 comment  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Design specs sync

Hi! I have about 50 screens in my file and both design specs and prototyping have worked perfectly. But last week when I was updating the links only 6 artboards appeared in design specs and prototype. I have tried to make new links, copying the artboards into a new file and linking everything from scratch – but nothing works. No, I can see 25 artboards - so there is progress but about half of the artboards are still missing. I have the newest version of Adobe XD. The project is confidential so unfortunately I can't share the file with you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Greetings Amalie:

Sorry to hear things aren’t working well for you.

A few things that might help you troubleshoot what’s going on,
    Troubleshooting guide for common Design Spec publish issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/design-spec-errors-workarounds.html
    Checking the services status page for any updates or issues, status.adobe.com (Creative Cloud)

Sometimes restating the system or publishing from a different network can “fix” things.

Hope this helps!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

6. Design Specs

I am trying to update design specs of my project, and appears the message "There was a problem creating your design spec.

Troubleshoot publish errors"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. September update cannot export PDF, PNG on Mac OS

September 2018 update has broken this feature. All exported files have 0k filesize.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Greetings Andrew:

Can you provide further details? Do see this problem in all files? What about in a project with a single shape or artboard?

I’m working with XD 12 on MacOS 10.12.6 and export of PDF + PNG (and JPG, SVG) is working without issues.

Are you able to share your file via WeTransfer.com?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

8. Sign in request

XD constantly requests signing in? Is there a good reason for this? If I'm already signed in to CreativeCloud this is irritating. I wouldn't want to sign in to every creative cloud app individually so why would is this happening?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Transparency Bug

Greeting! Im using XD on a macbook pro 15' mid 2014.

Everytime I open my XD project, some shapes get 80% transparency out of nowhere.

So everytime I work on this project, the first thing I have to do is check all
    shapes on the file... Its taking too much of my time. Im even leaving the file open so I don't have to do it again and again.

Please Fix!
    tks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Artboard Title Text overwrites

As previously described, however that report has been closed, so I need to open a new report here.

Place an artboard to the extreme right hand side of the work area and then see if you can edit the name. The edits overwite the old name and scramble the display. The name still displays correctly in the layers pallet.

I don't have the problem with artboard name edits in the left part of the screen/work area!

This does need some attention.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Clicking more then three times on a grouped object causes artboards to freeze, saving then enables the artboards again.

Clicking more than three times on a grouped object causes artboards to freeze, saving then enables the artboards again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Greetings:

Wondering if this might be a symptom of https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/34689346 where users find the app stops responding but changing focus away and back resolves. I do note you make a different observation in that saving the file action recovers.

Not something we’ve specifically observed on our end. Do you see this every time you click 3x into every grouped object? Or is it occasional. Can you try instead of saving changing focus away and back to XD to see if that fixes it as well?

Thanks!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

12. Issues with large artboard

Version of Adobe XD: 11.0.22.10
    System: Windows 10 (updated), GeForce GTX 750 Ti (drivers updated)

Issue 1:
    When a large artboard (32232px heigh in my case) is exported or shared, some content near the bottom of the artboard is missing.

Expected result:
    Attached as expected.png

Actual result:
    Depends on the size.

@1x edges are very pixelated. See attached result.png (even more noticeable for vectors; see icon.png)

@2x some elements disappears. (mostly shapes with shadow and raster images) See result@2x.png (this button is built using two shapes - dark overlay which is still visible and "base" with applied shadow where only…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. live preview doesn't works

version: 11.0.0 (11791)

I'm using MacBook for designing and I used to preview it in my google pixel 2 XL, it works fine up to a point after the android pie upgrade, it totally sucks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. open new

I can't open/create new files

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Windows] Adobe XD ignores Handwriting input settings on Windows 10 1809

There's an issue with Adobe XD on Windows 10 1809 that it ignores settings which disables handwriting input panel if system has Windows Ink enabled. Briefly said Adobe XD turns unusable with Windows Ink while using Wacom tablet.

I've been trying to analyze and fix these issues myself to no avail - Touch and Handwriting service set to disabled and not running, computer policy (gpedit.msc) set to disable input panel + handwriting panel set to docked mode. Result is that Adobe XD shows handwriting input panel even this feature is disabled in the system and ignores windows settings.

I consider…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Tom!

Somehow this post got lost in the shuffle. My sincere apologies for the delayed reply! it looks like there may be two things here: Win10 1809 build updates to inking + XD being UWP app. From the discussions and review I had on my end, the behavior you describe in XD is same in other UWP apps for these devices.

All this said, wondering if there’s been further updates in the MS side that may have improved this. Do let me know.

Truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    Nina

16. Application not even opening

version 14.0.42
    when you click on the application it opens the adobe xd application for a sec and then closes automatically

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Greetings:

Do you see any errors when this happens? Have you successfully worked with XD in the past? Or is this your first time installing.

You may be seeing this due to XD not obtaining the required permissions. To help address, please follow the troubleshooting steps in this help page https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/exit-code-183-while-installing-adobe-xd-windows.html

Hope this helps!
    Nina
    Adobe XD

1 2 7 8 9 11 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base