Bug details

Nested components resest when dragged from the panel

Windows, XD Version 20.1.12.4
A nested and modified component resets to its master state while dragged from the panel

1. I have 2 components used for form buttons and form background
2. I use these components inside a new component and apply modification to the button to suit my needs
3. Then if I drag the new component from the panel, the button resets to the master form
4. If I copy it from my artboard, it works as intended

See Gif and xd file for details

4 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Vnz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Vnz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, thanks for the feedback
    I think you misunderstood my point, I just wanted an instance of a button to be slightly different from the master but still rely on the master for some parameters.

Anyway, after trying to make a capture to explain the process, I found out that it works finally fine. I think the bug occur because I worked with assets created using the old component system form a file created prior the may update. See the difference with a component created with freshly added instances against the old one. I used the same technique for both component... strange

• Divya Thakur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi ,

Greetings..
    I checked your shared file.
    The nested component you have created is made of instances of 2 different master components.
    Until , you change the master components , changes will not be reflected in nested component either.
    If you want your nested component to be responsive to the changes ,then use master components instead of their instances in forming nested component.

Please check the gif file for better understanding.
    And still you have any queries ,then feel free to report.

Regards,
    Divya
    Adobe XD

If you wanted to know if the nested component is an instance or a master, then the answer is it's an instance. In that case, reseting the nested component while adding an instance is plain dumb. I do want some parameters to be dependent of my master button (such as color or round angles) but I don't want the modified parameters to be reseted (such as text of the nested button). Which is the behaviour that happen when I copy an instance on the artboard or when I do the trick detailled before.

Hi,
    I'm not sure to understand your answer... You want to know if I'm editing the master component rather than an instance of it?

If that's what you meant, then yes, I'm editing the master component on my artboard (see xd file in the first post) and the expected behaviour would be that when I add a new instance, the nested component shouldn't be reseted.

As I said in my second comment (see xd file attached too) If I duplicate the nested component, then delete the first one to replace it by the copy, it works fine.

Do you need a more detailled video of the actions involved ?

• Divya Thakur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Could you please provide below details ?

1.Are you creating nested components using instances or master components.
    If instances , than changes in the nested component will not reflect in the asset panel.
    But if you are using master component than only changes will reflect in the asset panel.

I hope this information will be helpful for you.

Regards,
    Divya
    Adobe XD

Feedback and Knowledge Base