Bug details

"Sorry, we can't open this document" on Cloud Document

- Adobe XD (Feb 2019 update)
- Creative Cloud 4.8.0.421
- Creative Cloud Sync 4.1.0.29
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, build 17134)

Let me explain the issue here
I was using XD and was working on a cloud document
Then my laptop shutdown abruptly
Ever since I restarted the laptop and I tried to access the particular cloud document I was working on, it gives this error "Sorry, we can't open this document". Meanwhile, it shows as part of my Cloud Documents.

The blue marker in the image is pointing at the document I have an issue with

10 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Olamide shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@D_Gill, Christoph:

Can you share some system logs to help with investigation? Please post to cloud location and email link to xduv@adobe.com Be sure to include system details & add post link for reference.

Details:
- XD version
- OS version
- CoreSync version
- Creative Cloud desktop application version

Logs,
- Adobe Creative Cloud logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Thanks!
Nina

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

fyi I have the log file for this, please direct message me to receive it.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem.

19.2.22.3, Creative cloud sync 4.2.5.1
    Mac OS 10.14.4
    Creative cloud app 4.8.2.476

I have uploaded my log files (Computer called katherinesophieanne) couldn't find an email that Adobe said was sent.

By the way if all your apps made these details cut and paste-able that would make all this easier.

• Alex Shafren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To get around it for now. You need to open the file on another computer. I use Mac but if I log into XD on a PC, it will let me open the file and then I can save a copy and reopen it on my mac.

Give it a try with another Mac also if you don't have access to a PC

• Gina Moraida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trying to access a few files that were saved to the adobe cloud. The downloading wheel keeps spinning and I also receive that this file can't be open.

• D_GIll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Most of my Xd files are saved in cloud documents, some of the files were still working yesterday, but some cloud document files started to take really long to open or it would just display "Sorry, we can't open this document". Unlike other adobe CC document cloud, Xd has its own managing UI for its documents. These documents cannot be downloaded, thus I can't access any of my work files.

I've tried this help page (https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html) but still no luck opening older documents.

OS Version: macOS 10.14.3
    CC Version: 4.8.1.435

• Christoph S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I saved a file this morning and now I'm not able to open it anymore. One other file is still working.
    How can I restore this file or is all of my work lost now?

• Olamide commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this same problem now. In my case it stopped opening the cloud document when my PC shut down abruptly. Ever since I restarted the PC and open the XD app I get the error "Sorry, we can't open this document"

• AdminNiharika Jha (Software Engineer, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Can you please try logging out and logging in with a different ID (if you have) or might be try logging out and logging in with the same ID on device B. Hope it works.

Let us know. I have raised this issue with the team here.

Regards,
    Niharika Jha
    Adobe XD

• HoaiLe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

- Adobe XD 15.0.12.8, Creative Cloud Sync 4.1.1.32
    - I have 2 Divece, 1 account. Device A it ok but device B can't open file on Cloud Document.
    - Install XD > Check Cloud Document > Open file > Error "Sorry, we can’t open this document."

Feedback and Knowledge Base