Bug details

Shapes get converted to Path

When ever I copy a shape (Rectangle, Rounded Rectangle, Circle) from one document into another XD document, few of the shapes gets converted into a paths automatically. This behaviour is quite often happening often now.

This is quite frustrating because we have auto-animate transitions and
everything messes up.

Using Adobe XD 14.0.42.12

3 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Muhammad Faizan Atiq shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mike R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been such an annoying issue, and if you don't catch it, and you double click and save, your corner radius properties get lost forever... I've had to rebuild several designs because I need to adjust the corner radius, but I can't because they've been converted to paths. I just wonder why, why is this being done automatically? Who's asked for this feature?

Can you guys please merge this bug with this one? https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/19961512-rectangle-still-converted-to-path-sometimes-if-you

• Muhammad Faizan Atiq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let me try to reproduce it.
    But FYI This mostly happens when we move objects between different XD files i.e. from on abc1.xd to abc2.xd

• AdminRandy Edmunds (Software Engineer, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did a very quick test and was unable to reproduce the problem. Can you provide more details on how we can reproduce problem?

Also there are a couple subtle ways to convert shapes to path.

1. Double-Clicking on a shape converts it to a path. If the shape has an image fill, then you have to double-click on edge to convert to path.

2. If you turn off Responsive Resize, then resizing a shape that has been rotated can convert it to a path to correctly skew it.

Could you be hitting one of these?

Regards,
    Randy

Feedback and Knowledge Base