Bug details

Inconsistent Art Board

I created an XD file for web and the new file got populated correctly with a Web-sized artboard. I have worked on that artboard on a few days. Now, I have opened the file again and wanted to add a second artboard, and the Artboard is iPhone 6/7/8 sized (and named). It seems like the default artboard for a web-design project should be a web-sized artboard, not an iPhone one.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Holger Winnemoeller shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Holger Winnemoeller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's a video of me reproducing the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wfqm0jzhn26goo/XD-demo-Artboards-1.mp4?dl=0
        -- When I first came across this issue, I didn't notice the choices of Artboards on the right. I'm pretty sure that XD has been updated since I created this specific file, so the behavior now might be different... Or I just never saw it then
        -- I did notice that (now) when I create a document with a custom size (say 512x512) the default artboard that gets added is of the correct size (512x512), as expected... Yet for the file that I demonstrate in the video, I still get an iPhone artboard...
        -- It seems like the behavior of XD is to use the "last used Artboard size" when clicking with the Artboard cursor in the document. And that you can add other sizes with the toolbar on the right. Correct?
        -- If so, there should be an entry for the custom sized document that I created. In the above example, I could not find a 512x512 artboard choice in the Artboard-size toolbar on the right.
        -- Also note how that specific file is listed twice in my start screen
        -- Also note how that file's name is listed as "untitled-1" in the start screen (incorrect), whereas it is listed correctly as "Inspire Temp Designs.xd" when opened.
        -- Maybe it's just a version thing where the version of XD that created that specific file used a slightly different format for the file structure?!?
        Current XD version: 14.0.42.14 on Macbook Pro

• AdminLalita (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Holger,

Could you please elaborate on how did you add second artboard?
        If you check XD toolbar on left side, there is an artboard options. Clicking on that will list all available artbords options from which you can choose.

Please let us know if that is not the case with you. XD version and OS would help us investigating this. Do share that.

Regards,
        Lalita
        Adobe XD

Feedback and Knowledge Base