Bug details

CC Library doesn't show Transparency

Hello there,

I'm not sure if this has changed since the update, but on Mac ver 14.0.42.14 the CC library does not show Transparency in the preview. This means its hard to tell which Icon I'm trying to place:

See here:

Bridge is on the left (see there is Trans) XD is on the Right

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kieran Kelly shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CC library with transparent background for white items

We have white icons, and we can't see our icons on white background.
        Please make it as illustrator library : transparent background and list aspect to see the name of the element

• AdminLalita (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Kieran,

I see some name difference in cc library loaded in bridge and in XD. Just want to be sure that its same.

Could you please confirm that? Meanwhile we will cross check at our end too.

Regards,
        Lalita
        Adobe XD

• Daniel Galan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After updating recently to version 14.0.42, a white canvas has now appeared between my symbols' artwork and the checkered background in my CC Library in XD.

This white canvas blends with my white icon collection and has made it completely invisible (see attached image).

In previous versions of XD, it was already really hard to see my white icons because they were shown on a checkered background, which creates artifacts that make white artwork maddening hard to see.

CC Libraries have become increasingly harder for me to manage from XD:

-First, it was the issue of not seeing my symbols names (I could wait for tooltip but it is painful when dealing with a large number of symbols many times a day), then

-The the lack of filter controls which could help me guess where to find an icon I am looking for since I can't easily see the names nor the artwork of my symbols, and then

-The maddening checkered background, then

-The inability to import symbols that have nested symbols (this was removed from XD but works in other Adobe products), and

-Now a white canvas that makes my white icons completely invisible (see attached image).

I have to navigate a collection of unnamed, mutilated artwork (can't have nested symbols in XD) that looks like white tiles and are organized by time stamps. This is an unusable collection of symbols to me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base